The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Seriously. An expansion was never leaked like that. The most we got is some guy detailing Legion and BfA's box features in some random forum post like one day before its reveal, probably because they were able to sneak in the back of a Blizzcon stage or some shit, or maybe it's Ion making an account and having fun or whatever. The entire patch cycle was never leaked, and half this stuff sounds ridiculous to me anyway.
    bfa leak came out weeks before blizzcon but no one took it seriously.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    bfa leak came out weeks before blizzcon but no one took it seriously.
    Full leak? We had so many fake leaks during that period that features were simply bound to be guessed.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I just instantly dismiss any leak that mentions WoW on console.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    It could be a distant target with no immediate timeline for now and "let's not do anything that would run against it and let's move towards it whenever we can" as a guide.

What Leak are you even talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Seriously. Making WoW's 14+ years old clunky ass spaghetti code work on consoles without imploding sounds like a Herculean task in and of itself, to say nothing of the fact that the market is unlikely to be highly interested in said 14 years old game. I really wonder where that idea comes from.

Yes, FF14 is on consoles, but that's because Final Fantasy is a console franchise first and foremost, it is where a lot of its fanbase plays. Not so with Blizzard, they make console versions of their games readily enough but their main market is PC.

Seriously. Making WoW's 14+ years old clunky ass spaghetti code work on consoles without imploding sounds like a Herculean task in and of itself, to say nothing of the fact that the market is unlikely to be highly interested in said 14 years old game. I really wonder where that idea comes from.

Yes, FF14 is on consoles, but that's because Final Fantasy is a console franchise first and foremost, it is where a lot of its fanbase plays. Not so with Blizzard, they make console versions of their games readily enough but their main market is PC.
    "WoW is being dumbed down, it must be for a move to consoles" has been a favorite of 'haters' for many years. That's where it comes from.

Just one more comment on this, and then I will shut up, because I am feeling like there's too much of me in the thread currently.

Most of WoW's code and the vast majority of old baggage and risky things that need care are on the server, not on the client. Making a client for console is not super-easy, but it is completely doable and spaghetti code (I hate the use of this phrase a bit, because it is frequently thrown around with little understanding of what generally happens to code in modern times and I get triggered, but fine, let's go with it) won't be a factor, 99% of it just doesn't have to participate and the remaining 1% - from the old client, that has to be untangled - the devs would love to untangle.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Yup, pretty much, it's a standard "hater" go-to theory on why WoW is being dumped down; let's all ignore that M+ and Mythic raiding in Legion are harder and more complex than ever and that BfA is setting up to have EVEN more complex dungeons.
    WTf man, everybody knows that Vanilla was the hardest!

FatBoss is spamming nice m+ BfA dungeon guides.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    If the girl you mean is Geya'rah, then that is Draka's and Durotan's daughter. She speaks about warchief Grommash's son in the recruitment scenario, who joined the Lightbound.
    The AU Grommash we met had no kid at all and heard the 'Garrosh is your son'-thing for the first time in a cinematic. This may have changed in the 30 years they went through over there, though.

I still think the leak is fake, just not because of this
    oh crap, I had forgotten that she was the daughter of Durotan. lmao my bad!
    [/URL]

7+ Year Old Account
    Hmm I was thinking. Uldir is first initial raid like HM and EN, but this time we don't have tier sets anymore and we still don't have clear info on what NH equivalent will be (apart from "Azshara will be Gul'dan of BfA" quote). We did test NH during Legion beta, but not this raid. Maybe then Blizzard will postpone Azshara raid to next tier and will spawn something ToV-like in between? Or maybe they will stretch the release in time in single tier. TBH, "raid tier" phrase kinda becomes redundant w/o sets, and maybe it wont be a raid release boundary anymore?
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2018-08-12 at 06:38 PM.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    @TerranGregory
    Oh so many in-game cinematics going to drop with the expansion tomorrow! Please be mindful of posting spoilers and if you're looking to remain unspoiled be on your guard! SooOOoOooon

https://twitter.com/TerranGregory/st...11062068056064

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Hmm I was thinking. Uldir is first initial raid like HM and EN, but this time we don't have tier sets anymore and we still don't have clear info on what NH equivalent will be (apart from "Azshara will be Gul'dan of BfA" quote). We did test NH during Legion beta, but not this raid. Maybe then Blizzard will postpone Azshara raid to next tier and will spawn something ToV-like in between? Or maybe they will stretch the release in time in single tier. TBH, "raid tier" phrase kinda becomes redundant w/o sets, and maybe it wont be a raid release boundary anymore?
    More like they won't do a split tier like they did during Mop/WoD/Legion

Uldir being a full on 'tier' rather then the prequal that everyone forgets exists once the real first raid tier comes out.
    As was the case with MSV/HM/EN

Quote Originally Posted by Blandalf View Post
    @TerranGregory
    Oh so many in-game cinematics going to drop with the expansion tomorrow! Please be mindful of posting spoilers and if you're looking to remain unspoiled be on your guard! SooOOoOooon

https://twitter.com/TerranGregory/st...11062068056064
    I can only remember of the Horde fleeing the Stormwind fleet one.

Where else do we have cinematics? Anyone knows?
    Whatever...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post

+ the Alliance couterpart. Maybe like Legion, one at the end of each zones ... hum, dunno, suspens !
    Last edited by Valysar; 2018-08-12 at 06:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rasta killing Zul and the seal breaking is one, pretty sure. Dunno what the Alliance counterpart would be, I guess more Jaina or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Emerald Nightmare + Trial of Valor is a 10 boss tier separate to Nighthold. This makes it easier to complain about "less content" because TBC and Wrath had 4 raiding seasons while the other expansions had "fewer".
    This is wrong. WoW as of now has 21 Tiers and EN and ToV are either part of the T19 or no raids related to tiers at all. They're definitely no separate tier.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

7+ Year Old Account
    en and nh are both tier 19.
    no idea what tov is supposed to be.

tos is tier 20, antorus tier 21.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post

I'm pretty sure there are some later in the expansion. Or rather, "will be some".

Quote Originally Posted by Xu Sheng View Post
    + the Alliance couterpart. Maybe like Legion, one at the end of each zones ... hum, dunno, suspens !
    AFAIK, there's no end-of-questline cinematics this time around. I may be wrong, however.

I also think the "Horde fleeing Stormwind fleet" one is the same for both factions, as it's seen at the end of the Horde scenario, but at the start of the Alliance one, as a flashback from a survivor.

Can't remember if the end of the Alliance scenario had a blackout screen for a cinematic in Beta, but I think it didn't.

Terran saying there's "a lot" of cinematic being revealed tomorrow left me very curious. What surprises will we get?
    Whatever...