Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr chub View Post
    World quests ended before that is what changed... you hit exalted on the one or two that either had a pattern,mount, early epic you could use then it was over.

The real problem is the cancerous system of artifact power and its little brother azerite now.
    I suppose.

But does that mean that you don't think this change is the issue - but the issue is really having a grindable - non "gated" resource? Meaning that someone who plays a LOT has a bigger advantage than you? Or perhaps it is because it's "expected" from certain guilds and such, to have a certain AP level?

We could compare it to say, valor points a few expansions ago. It had a cap IIRC so you could only earn so much per week. Would that be better, or would you then feel "required" to reach that point each week?

I believe Blizzard said something about this a few years ago, in fact.

I don't know what's best. I like logging on and being able to farm something to improve my character whenever I play, then log out. I've never really liked logging on, farming something to a cap, then not having anything to do for the rest of the week. Mind you - I've been both a casual and been in a top 50 guild throughout this game, so I suppose I can represent both a part of the casual player and the "hardcore" player. And the casual part has by far been the most enjoyable. Not sure if this is relatable or not, just mentioning it.

I can see the side of this story that it takes away a QoL part of the game. But I can also see how it removes a big part of the social aspect. Personally, if I have to find a group to a dungeon, or a m+, there is always some sort of communication involved with the players I encounter. I enjoy that. With this WQ aspect in mind, I can't remember one single time I've communicated, or someone else in the group has communicated before, when or after we've completed the World Quest. I'm not saying it's not possible that you, or someone else has - if you have then feel free to share, but I do believe this might be the 'standard' for anyone using these addons for World Quests. You click a button, group up, but would you have noticed a difference if you were grouped with bots instead of real players?
    Hi

The solution is to bring back tiers and give rewards out based on difficulty. I also don't get why you keep going to wod. You had apexsis in wod for grind gear.

It is your terrible tainted mindset that kills mmos so I give onto the holy words taken up by every raider and pvper as a creed a way of life. Though if you are unready to hear the words they will seem as nothing more then bitter mockery to your ears.

With all that I say to you brother " git gud".
    Because WoD is the most recent, and it showed that that system doesn't work anymore. And I'm a raider, not a casual, so your remark is idiotic. Unlike you though, I understand why they have to design the game in this way, and I'm not the one being miserable about it.

Why not have the heart of azeroth auto upgrade... it would discourage heavy grinding and level the playing field. Why have a currency for it at all?
    I'm not sure if you are kidding? Are you suggesting we shouldn't have to play the game to get rewards? also, the HOA is not remotely grindy compared to legion and you will stay on top with very little effort
    We humans have to stick together

Quote Originally Posted by Asrialol View Post
    I don't get the people being mad. Are you pretending World Quests takes a long time to complete?
    No, but if I can get what I consider a trivial(but necessary, rep/gear/ap/resources/crafting etc) content done even 1 second faster, why wouldn't I? Why is Blizzard going out of there way to insist I take longer doing WQs? It's dumb and unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by cfStatic View Post
    No, but if I can get what I consider a trivial(but necessary, rep/gear/ap/resources/crafting etc) content done even 1 second faster, why wouldn't I? Why is Blizzard going out of there way to insist I take longer doing WQs? It's dumb and unnecessary.
    Why do you have to fly from one WQ to another, why not just teleport over? It's dumb and unnecessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes0773 View Post
    this literally stops freeloaders entirely. straight up.
    How? It's no different than before there's just another button to press. You could always remove free loaders before this change. How is it any different now?
    If you ever wonder how dumb people really are then consider this: even in the golden age of smart heals dumb people still find ways to die.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Their reasoning for the change is literally because it reduced grind/sped up process... lol rip. There weren't even that many freeloaders in all my time of Legion WQ and I did a metric fuckton. It's just more bs from grindzzard to make questing as mind numbing and intolerable as humanly possible.
    Grindzzard, lol.

I'm stealing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Triptych View Post
    I never even realized that so many players actually used to form groups to help them with punting squirrels or unlocking demon cages.

Remarkable. Just goes to show that the player base, truly does cover a wide range of skills and temperaments.

I can appreciate how the game has become pretty much unplayable with this recent change, and I really feel sorry for them. It's disgraceful the way that Blizzard shows a complete lack of empathy for the less able members of our community.
    yeah i want to sign this. I think its too hard of a blow to the poor mental and socials cripples of World of Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by MalfLFT View Post
    I'm not sure if you are kidding? Are you suggesting we shouldn't have to play the game to get rewards? also, the HOA is not remotely grindy compared to legion and you will stay on top with very little effort
    Why should you get rewards for doing the same thing over and over again? You want to progress? Try pushing a higher mythic plus or a higher difficulty. Your not playing a game when your doing world quests your doing a chore. You have to be able to lose in a game and outside of fall dmg that doesn't happen in dailies.

You want farmville you want to put just time in and get rewards. I want me some adventure dangerous areas with deadly foes. Sadly your ilk has grown like a weed choking away the game that once was. You don't even seem to know what progression is you turned a adventure fantasy game into being a assembly line worker and called it progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragashii View Post
    How? It's no different than before there's just another button to press. You could always remove free loaders before this change. How is it any different now?
    Because it plays into the narrative that leechers were rampant and players are incapable of having any responsibility for managing their own experience at all.

...You know what, now that I put it that way I can see why Blizzard would do something like this. Their players need to be babysat. What a steal, tens of hours of babysitting every month for only $15? They're the best game in town. How are daycares supposed to compete?

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    Because WoD is the most recent, and it showed that that system doesn't work anymore. And I'm a raider, not a casual, so your remark is idiotic. Unlike you though, I understand why they have to design the game in this way, and I'm not the one being miserable about it.
    Worked for ten years becoming the most successful mmo to ever exist but we are going to forget that now because little timmy who plays for 80 hours wants to always get a cookie for auto attacking mobs to death?

I have to admit you are likely the kind of player I loath. Why even play a mmo like this is you just want numbers to go up without challenge? I think runescape is still a thing isn't it?

Increasing time it takes to level.
    Increasing time it takes to clear legacy content.
    Increasing time it takes to complete world quests.

INB4 they introduce "hours spent in total" statistic at the end of each quarter.

I dont know what are they thinking that they want to make EVERYTHING take longer to complete. This is not 2010 anymore. If I feel its boring and too long, I just dont play the game. The era of grind has long passed.

Worked for ten years becoming the most successful mmo to ever exist but we are going to forget that now because little timmy who plays for 80 hours wants to always get a cookie for auto attacking mobs to death?

I have to admit you are likely the kind of player I loath. Why even play a mmo like this is you just want numbers to go up without challenge? I think runescape is still a thing isn't it?
    I think you loathe yourself. Playing a game which you don't enjoy and which makes you miserable.

If the game wants to work for ten more years, it has to cater to little timmy as well. It has nothing to do with WoW itself, it has do to with modern gaming in general. WoW was never a hardcore game, and things that worked 10 years ago are not going to work today. Try to understand why the things are the way they are instead of throwing a tantrum, it might make you less miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by burek View Post
    I think you loathe yourself. Playing a game which you don't enjoy and which makes you miserable.

If the game wants to work for ten more years, it has to cater to little timmy as well. It has nothing to do with WoW itself, it has do to with modern gaming in general. WoW was never a hardcore game, and things that worked 10 years ago are not going to work today. Try to understand why the things are the way they are instead of throwing a tantrum, it might make you less miserable.
    So it was never a hardcore game so we should be happy there is a system in the game designed to appeal to only hardcore players who can't progress?

O the tangled web that is your thought process. WoWs a trade off for me honestly I grind out the mindless content I need to then move on but that doesn't give a reason for why mindless content is good. You haven't actually been able to explain why this content is good besides using marketing terms that don't make any sense.

It isnt hard to undermine your reasoning since its built around blind faith. Look at runescape the game designed around endless grinds like ap. The new version is reviled while the older one is played...

Again I beg of you good sir " git gud "

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Actually it doesn't because you can still form groups in the custom group finder.
    At least it's not as simple as "Go to quest area, click the button, AFK"

7+ Year Old Account
    I remember back when people quested solo or with friends and it was cool, and being able to press a button and just have stuff done for you was "shitty game design" but now... suddenly having to actualy play the game is horrible, while pressing a button and winning is the worst change to ever have removed...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I remember back when people quested solo or with friends and it was cool, and being able to press a button and just have stuff done for you was "shitty game design" but now... suddenly having to actualy play the game is horrible, while pressing a button and winning is the worst change to ever have removed...
    Gotta read through the thread the issue was identified and is being as expertly debated by video game nerds in the manner you most likely imagine.

Two cats in a sack being sprayed with a hose is the best way to summarize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    At least it's not as simple as "Go to quest area, click the button, AFK"

No, now you have to press three buttons before you can AFK. That's three times as hard! Surely that​ will stop people from leeching right?

7+ Year Old Account
    Gotta read through the thread the issue was identified and is being as expertly debated by video game nerds in the manner you most likely imagine.

Two cats in a sack being sprayed with a hose is the best way to summarize it.
    yeah, although i did love how easy it was to join groups, it really made it way too easy for people to just join groups and afk, and if they were kicked they then just joined another in 1 click.

thing is also these quests are made for 1 person, is it really a game if your for example killign dark souls bosses with 4 players cause at that point it is just so easy its not even darksouls anymore...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by cfStatic View Post
    No, now you have to press three buttons before you can AFK. That's three times as hard! Surely that​ will stop people from leeching right?
    One button to open the group finder, one click to choose premade groups, one click to select questing...I think your number's wrong.