Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

What spec are you leveling as?

Just curious. I can't decide between MM and SVL at the moment.

MM as I'm leveling with a group, so it's the best of the 3 hunter specs to go with. If I was solo I would be tossing up between BM and Surv. Duoing I'd go Surv.

Pretty much what Emerald Archer said. I'm going solo leveling so BM for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    BM all the way for me.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Surv when I do level my hunter, just the most fun of the three.

Deleted
    I don't want to make new thread as it will be similar.

I've played hunter as main back in wotlk and now i think of returning to WoW and play again with my hunter. I played almost every expansion but for like 3-4 months and with other classes and completely lost sight of hunters.

My question is what will be the most viable spec not only for leveling but for pve and pvp during the expansion? I see that SV now is mainly mele spec which is interesting, but is it worth it to spend time in this spec?
    Last edited by mmoc80f0a8b8c2; 2018-08-10 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shatich View Post
    My question is what will be the most viable spec not only for leveling but for pve and pvp during the expansion? I see that SV now is mainly mele spec which is interesting, but is it worth it to spend time in this spec?
    No one knows what will be the most viable for pve and pvp. There are still multiple large rounds of tuning to come before Mythic Uldir, and on the first week of Mythic Uldir.

I will be probably BM, I may swap to SV if I find a good weapon for a change, but I love BM

MM mostly likely.

Leveled on beta as BM. I'll do it again for live. It was faceroll with legendaries. A bit harder from 116-120 but nothing that pressing Mend Pet couldn't fix.

I would love to level as MM, but it doesn't really fit the "kill normal mobs constantly" kind of gameplay. BM and SV are much better for this type of gameplay, so I will probably go with one of them, will probably be switching around them.

MM, I despise BM's playstyle and I don't intend to play a melee hunter.

I actually enjoy MM more than in Legion, vulnerability was bullshit imo.

Deleted
    Surv or BM

since MM is an abomination for anything but sustained ST.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Probably survival for easy harpoon resetting.

Survival with Harpoon reset talent and Harpoon belt legendary. The other 2 can't get close to that leveling speed (till 116, ofc )
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. too large), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/important-signatures/ - Regards, Olison

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sintry View Post
    Just curious. I can't decide between MM and SVL at the moment.
    I've been BM exclusively for years, even more so with Legion and the artifact thing making me kinda stick to that............

But for some reason prepatch made me go MM.

BM. Mained MM for all of Legion and prefer it, but BM is so much more suited for world content. As said above you kind of need sustained targets for MM to work efficiently. AiS is the heart of the spec and it's absolute shite to use in world content if you're leveling by yourself.

At max level I will be playing both specs depending on what I am doing and which is better. I'm looking forward to not feeling locked into one spec like in Legion.

BM. I played MM through Legion and despised BM. I played a little MM in beta and was ok with it, but once the changes came to live I gave it a try and was frustrated. I switched to BM and was nothing but impressed. It may be /faceroll spec but honestly it is fun. In PvP it is lethal IMO. My pet wrecks people and me being able to stay mobile and keep him focused on the target is awesome. I love watching MM's stand there for 2.5s casting Aimed Shot LOL!

Survival. Really been enjoying the 8.0 revamp (it also has one of my favorite artifact challenge skins).

Quote Originally Posted by Vanderez View Post
    Honestly, I don't blame you for not wanting to be melee on your hunter. I had the same thought

That said, I just tried out SV, and it's actually kinda fun, with all the mobility, the different talents and all. I can really recommend it. I'd wish it was a ranged spec again though.

I'm probably gonna level as SV or MM. I think BM is way too brain dead of a spec, and I'd rather be a master with ranged weapons, or a melee weapon master with his/hers pet by their side, than a hunter that relies all on their pet to do damage. It's basically a dot with a travel time, and that doesn't really suit me as a person that likes a bit of fast pace.
    you like a bit of fast pace and then you are thinking about playing MM? Have you at all tried the spec? if anything BM is the "fast" one of the 2.