Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    "i didnt really mean to summon kil'jaeden thru the sunwell, it was just a prank bro"
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Maybe he gained an immortal soul like demon hunters do.. we know he was playing with demonic powers.
    And didn't we kill him twice already?
    He was Fel infused. Think demon+ undead = Sargeras looking. He could be a great addition to Bolvar if ever.

I mean he did kind of go completely crazy, but who knows, blizz does what blizz does

Wait so Kael could return from a setback of a setback rambling about how you would be so naive to believe he entrusted the future to some squid looking demon?

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope not. Illidan's little "redemption" arc was already super forced and made no sense. It'll take even more half-baked retcon to make Kael'thas a hero again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    difference is illidan has a demonic soul and is therefore 'immortal' in the wow universe, kael'thas was merely resurrected by kil'jaeden (now deceased) and we removed his most vital body part for a quest, so in this case it's never happening.

just a correction he wasn't resurrected by KJ after the encounter in TK. In fact he was severely wounded not dead after that encounter because you can see him talking and yelling when you are in Shattarath city after you defeat him in TK.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    If the writers want to do it, they can in an universe of time travel, twisted nethers and magical undeath. People really wouldn't be clamoring so much if he had a decent story in BC, but Blizzard has no intention of bringing him back because they have no self-respect for their own lore in the MMO age. I would settle for an unknown Sunstrider? Or hell, even King Anasterian himself, he didn't lose his head or die a pawn of the legion, so by those fan parameters, he could be brought back. It wouldn't be a "redemption" arc though since he presumably died heroically, I just feel there is so little lore of him, why not? Or even Kael'thas mother, maybe she's alive somewhere. People just want a continuance of the Sunstrider line because Lor'themar is so awfully 2-dimensional.
    Kael'thas x Jaina connection.
    Kael'thas x Dathremar connection
    Kael'thas x Sylvanas connection

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    Kael'thas x Jaina connection.
    Kael'thas x Dathremar connection
    Kael'thas x Sylvanas connection
    Hear, hear!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolvenheart View Post
    They had to supercharge his body with a massive Fell energy crystal last time they brought him back to life, if they'd bring him back a second time, he'd prolly look like a miniature patchwork.
    Merely a setback! A stepping stone to a stepping stone to a much larger er plan! Did you honestly think he would trust the future to the Burning Legion? *laughs* oh, no no no no. He serves a new master now, and you will not interfere!

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    San'layn allied race leader?

I think it's too late for him to redeemed. It's a shame how his character was treated, though. I would've loved for him to be redeemed. I feel like making Illidan and Kael'thas antagonists in TBC was a mistake. Imagine if they took Kael'thas' character down a different path - he would've made for a great blood elf leader. In fact, I always thought his personality fit well in the Horde. Oh well, maybe if they ever theme an expansion in the Shadowlands (as someone stated before in this thread) he can play a role and have a chance at redemption.

Deleted
    Let the dead rest for once.

His crystal-impaled headless corpse has rotten beyond revival somewhere in Magister's Terrace by now.

Quote Originally Posted by DrIvoRobotnik View Post
    San'layn allied race leader?
    Would probably need to be a San'layn 1st. :P

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well anything is technically possible with blizzard writing team.
    Hell sylvanas could have had the bloodelfs secured his body/head and tried to make her own death knight/lich out of it.
    Personally I wouldn’t want him back regardless thou

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I hope so , Kael'thas is my favourite char and Blizz writing fucked him over, he was good by heart and only wanted the best for his people, he never had selfish goals. HE IS GOOD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Being decapitated was merely a setback!
    Came here for this reply.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    Let the dead rest for once.

His crystal-impaled headless corpse has rotten beyond revival somewhere in Magister's Terrace by now.

Would probably need to be a San'layn 1st. :P
    Technically he's a fel infused Blood Elf, somewhat closer to the Nathrezims. Hello twisting nether! All he needs is the blood of San'layn in his headless neck or wrist and just a na body to repossess.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Came here for this reply.

What do you call a Night Elf who just died?
    They're Nightfallen.

Elven check
    Crystal on the chest double check
    Double dead triple check
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-08-13 at 10:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if you can find him a naaru fangirl...

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    Can people shut up about the head nonsense? Medivh was beheaded, yet he came back. Loramus Thalipedes was dismembered, yet he came back. Dar'Khan Drathir was COMPLETELY DISINTEGRATED and yet he came back.

There are several reasons why they shouldn't bring him back, but the beheading is not one of them.
    The first two is implied that they have demonic souls, the last one was an undead.
    They could bring KT back as an undead too, or even say after the thing they did to him to bring him back after TK made him get a demon soul too, but I think is best for the story he remains dead, and move another elf forward to finally assume the leading role of the BElves

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil View Post
    It would be hilarious if his headless body showed up with a big chunk of Azerite sticking out of it. Would make a fun gag boss in Brawler's Guild.
    This would be funny. "IM BACK! HOW AM I TALKING WITHOUT A MOUTH? MAGIC BITCHES!"

Of course it's possible to redeem him. Everyone is bringing up "but we cut his head off!" as if that can't either be silently retconned or just skirted over completely with some "the sunwell rebirthed him" magic bullshit something-or-other.

Should they redeem him? God no. It's bad enough he and Illidan were so mishandled with TBC lore, but leave the dead where they rest. The only thing worse than ruining a character with bad writing is trying to 'redeem' them with more bad writing. The painful white washing of Illidan and the way he turned into this smug, always-right-about-everything Mary Sue was intolerable.