Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    My main is a DH and i love it, i dont understand why so many players dont like it.

Deleted
    i always thtought that if the demon hunter was released back before catalcysm it would be much different than today. 3 specs guarnteed and alot aloot more spells

I get what you mean. Im not a big fan of any of the newer classes tbh. I havent really tried Vengeance but Havoc was not my taste at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Same here, the only 2 things I like about mine are double jump and glide, I find everything else extremely boring and dull, both havoc and vengeance

DH has a fairly simple design and as has been stated intentionally so. The class is pretty well kitted but doesn't really feature gameplay based on intricacy but rather speed and being quite spammy as some sort of button masher without really any procs to break that up or overyl centralising finisher abilites at base.

And either you like that or not. Simple as that. The class is so straightforward for the most part that you might not find much adventure exploring the class functionalities itself and its simply a class with which you cna do much thanks to high parkour-like mobility and strong tools for soloing all kinds of shit and dealing with all kinds of situation. WHich is pretty well reflected by the idea of the momentum playstyle and if you like that, great, if not fine either way but its a decent part of the spec.

Havoc sees very strong improvements on the talent tree with BfA and we might even have different builds being actually competitve atleast on ST with the largest amounts of the rng fiesta that was legion DH removed.
    DH as a whole certainly featured a lot of problems in elgion, especially so because its base kit is so barebones that talents amke or rbeak everything. Vengeance evolved pretty interesting playstyles as a leech based mitigation-selfheal hybrid which didn't really get to shine in raids but in dungeons.
    Havoc on the other hand basically got forced into one build after the other each time problems were found, from original momentum vs encounter design, Chaos Blades burst being so off the charts in NH that you could do ~30% of your damage in the first 30s of a 6 minute fight.
    The ruins that were left of that playstyle shambling pathetically thorugh ToS and a semi decent return with demonic in T21 with rng levels making you feel like they build roll the bones into every of your abilities.

Lots of those problems have been cleaned up, new options made available and seemingly some azerite traits are also making up for some weaknesses here and there.

All in all the class is fairly simplistic rotation wise and instead of intricate resource systems you have some resource management in controlling that one bar rapidly going up and down while you buttonmash with talents being comparably impactful as the baseline is very minimalistic. If you dont enjoy being that dude dashing and jumping all over the place while mashing a few buttons then its simply not a class for you. If you enjoy rather intricate rotations with multiple resources or procs to manage then DH is just not whta you are looking for as it will bore you and I myself had a lot of ups and downs with the DH thorughout the iterations of it in legion.

They play better and are way more fun with a Steam Controller. The class goes from a clunky melee class on keyboard to a complex fighting game that rewards you for pulling off combos on a controller.

Being able to hold down the left bumper for back to back demon’s bite spam, and the right bumper spamming Chaos Strike feels GOOD. It feels like shit on a keyboard and ut hurts my arm.

I’ve heard it can be done on an xbox controller but i’m not convinced. The Steam Controller’s track pad really lets you aim your dashes and eyebeams.
    Last edited by Thegy; 2018-08-13 at 09:21 AM.

It was my main in Legion but now, it's super boring with the class rework (like most classes anyway)

DH is the only class I can't find any joy in playing. At first it seemed fun, and leveling was cool, but once I was max lvl I was so bored of it. The mobility is awesome and the spells looks cool and flashy, but it just gets boring for me. I just leveled a monk to max lvl and it is so much more fun. If you want a mobility based melee dps I would go with monk instead. I am thinking of maining it in BFA. It kinda bums me out I don't like it though, because I loved Illidan in WC3 and when I started WoW I was praying for a DH class. Careful what you wish for I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    i don like it either. boring playstyle, and i know its lore thing, to have only elfs, but i would love to see other races.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmx View Post
    i don like it either. boring playstyle, and i know its lore thing, to have only elfs, but i would love to see other races.
    Why would you love to see other races if you think it has a boring playstyle anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    So it just dawned on me tonight. The big hype of Legion was how we could play demon hunters now. I also realized that I was never really impressed by the demon hunter class and stopped playing around 103 on both of them I made (Horde & Alliance ones). When Death Knights and Monks came out, I was pumped up and actually leveled them during the expansion. In WotLK my main alt was my troll DW frost DK tank. I loved playing my monk during MOP. For some reason demon hunter was just blah to me. Anyone else feel this way?
    Nop,never actually liked it.The tank spec was fine,don't like the dps spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    Not sure how DH feels after BFA prepatch changes, but during Legion I played one and I enjoyed the tank spec but the DPS spec not so much tbh, especially with that silly talent that removes one of your rotational abilities. Tbh the class feels like it lacks a lot of abilities, hope this isn't the number of spells the devs are aiming for us to have on other classes..
    I have the same, before the Pre-Patch it felt really good. After the pre-patch, I'm feeling like a Paladin awaiting my CD's before I can buttonsmash on.. it feels like they've slowed the class down a bit. Returned to my Rogue quite quickly which also has great mobility (sub).

The only thing that really made me hate playing demon hunter, is that I actually kind of were forced to use mobility abilities as part of dps. Using vengeance retreat / Fel rush made the class way too jumpy for me, to the point i would get "sea sick" after playing it for a while.

If fel rush and VR truelly were pure mobility abilities with no dmg done, it would've been a very good specc to play as.

I have never really flocked to any of the new classes right away I typically waited until end of expansions or even later. I didn't even touch a monk or a DK until after their repspective expansions and I was bored so gave them a shot.

As far as the Demon Hunter because they started at basically 100, I tried them towards the end of this expansion only because I saw them in raids and dungeons. I was initially turned off because the only races available was elfs, which I can't stand playing. I just don't care to look at the elf pixel for hours on end.

I eventually caved figuring if other races opened up, I would just buy a race change. The class itself is actually one of more favorite classes as far as game play. They have a lot of cool tools available to them, they are highly mobile, are solid dps/tanks, and the double jump feature/wings comes in handy fairly often.

I personally love only having two specs. I would like to see the pure dps classes like rogue, locks, mages, etc, be reworked to only have 2 really good specs rather than 3 specs with a little bit of things I like spread out in 3 specs.
    Last edited by Gen4Glock21; 2018-08-13 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    So it just dawned on me tonight. The big hype of Legion was how we could play demon hunters now. I also realized that I was never really impressed by the demon hunter class and stopped playing around 103 on both of them I made (Horde & Alliance ones). When Death Knights and Monks came out, I was pumped up and actually leveled them during the expansion. In WotLK my main alt was my troll DW frost DK tank. I loved playing my monk during MOP. For some reason demon hunter was just blah to me. Anyone else feel this way?
    If you think the only hype of Legion was DH then you shouldn't play them? I found the hype to be the entire concept of the biggest Legion invasion ever and then the process of taking the fight to ARGUS and fighting TITANS with weapons like the Shards of Frostmourne and the Ashbringer and Doomhammer etc.

If you look back. I think Demonhunters would have made more sense to be introduced in TBC then in Legion. No no no.... not story wise. Stories anything you want.
    But then again... we got about a new class every other expansion. And thus TBC was not an expansion where you got a new class. Hell in Vanilla the balancing was so difficult that we were all glad that TBC fixed a lot. And if they were introduced in TBC.... it would not feel (to me atleast) too little too late.

15+ Year Old Account
    I love my DH, I will be leveling it first in BfA.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by HyperJay View Post
    If you think the only hype of Legion was DH then you shouldn't play them? I found the hype to be the entire concept of the biggest Legion invasion ever and then the process of taking the fight to ARGUS and fighting TITANS with weapons like the Shards of Frostmourne and the Ashbringer and Doomhammer etc.
    Same here. Demonhunters were to me nothing to look forward too. The only class that ever tickled my interest gland was Death Knight. And once I played it I did not really enjoy it apart from the starting story. I played DH too in Legion for the leveling. Yeah it was ok. But it felt really OP and boring. But I never raided... so I cannot really say if it is a great class. I did not like monks either.

Guess I am a vanilla guy - in terms of classes that I like...
    But then again: I only really like: Paladins - Warriors - Druids - Hunters
    I tried every class. But my god. How boring. No offense to anyone liking other classes. I love you for loving those other classes as it makes my game better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    I love the DH. Playing it made me really think hard whether or not I want to keep maining my long time main (warrior) and before I got into a guild in Legion, my DH was actually higher ilvl than my main for a while, which technically made it my main for a couple months, in some sense at least. It's my 2nd favorite character hands down.
    This is almost what I was about to write.

I think they did a good job with demon hunters.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved it in legion especially at launch when momentum was king, I don't really like it after 8.0, it feels really underwhelming, even though they brought Momentum back to being the best... We only have 1 dps spec and it's mediocre... as for the tanking, that also seems nerfed when compared to pre-8.0... either that or the item squish and mob scaling is off and I just can't survive shit like before...

But it will still probably be my main, the mobility is just too good...