Quote Originally Posted by Pepe The Frog View Post
    Fuck you blizzard you nerfed the rep gains from the Warfront turn ins from 500 to 150 >
    I think it is time to stop fighting Blizzard on their time-to-complete targets.

They have an idea that reps should generally take you X weeks to get. Whoever tries to get too much ahead of those X weeks is going to be punished by having to spend a lot of effort. Whoever slacks and takes more than X weeks will have additional help with them giving free extras to make you catch up.

Let's just stop fighting them on this. If they want it to be X weeks, just say fine and even stay slightly behind. This way you will have everything and it will be very easy for you to have everything.

Ie, their azerite grind is structured in such a way that players select how much effort they want to put every week and then stay on that level. Say, I am willing to put in 6 hours per week, then I am going to be on azerite level X after the first month, then, say, X+3 the next week, then X+5 the next week, etc (corrected: I previously wrote "adding 3 levels each week", but it actually slows down). If someone puts in 8 hours per week into azerite, they will be on X+1 after the first month, then X+1+3 the next week, etc. Because they are constantly spending 30% more than me and the system nerfs itself at the same rate. If someone puts in 10 hours per week, they stay 2 levels ahead of me, and if someone puts in 13 hours per week, they stay 3 levels ahead of me, etc. So, here's what I am going to do: I am going to put in 2 hours per week. Because in the long run, staying even 5-6 levels ahead of me does not matter. If you want to raid mythic or be on the front edge of mythic+ then yes, you should try to be ahead of others, but I am not interested in that. So I am going to put in very little time into this boring grid and will still have everything, just two-three weeks later than "normal" and, say, six weeks later than "top".
    Last edited by rda; 2018-08-13 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Other random thing @Marlamin, did we have any datamined clues for 7.1 in 7.0 that I don't remember?
    Don't really remember, would have to check and am already limited for time before BfA release, sorry!

7+ Year Old Account
    what a truly amazing day for my laptop to not work properly and forcing me to do a factory reset making me downgrade to windows 8 again.

i hate my life.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xu Sheng View Post
    I hope Azerite traits will improve palaret's gameplay ! /s
    so many holes
    I hope it will improve Hpal too

7+ Year Old Account
    Dammit! *pats the fluffy sky bison.
    I got laryngitis since Saturday since of course every time I take time off, I get sick.
    Honestly, i'd rather have an inflamed vocal box than have pc problems on the expansion launch day.

Fucking launch day god damnit.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arafal View Post
    honestly, i'd rather have an inflamed vocal box than have pc problems on the expansion launch day.

Fucking launch day god damnit.
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ arafal's pc take my energy ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Gearing up guide:
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

By the way, regarding disabling auto-invite and otherwise making it harder for addons that try to form groups with no or minimal user input.

What did I say about the "solution" being idiotic because it is not direct? Instead of solving what it is trying to solve, it puts some obstacles far away from the place where the problem happens, and this both hits innocent and going to be worked around.

Right, here's what I said:

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    It is completely obvious that the fight will now move on to server chat and communuty chat (if you can invite people from there). And at least at the level of server chat, Blizzard will have to stop and accept a loss, because the alternative is worse. All this because someone at Blizzard is being an idiot and the dev team in general is lacking capability to do things like that for real, all they are good for is disabling stuff hoping that they disable enough.
    Three days later, I welcome you to this addon:

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/world-quest-party

It uses server chat and only invites people who use the same addon. This is an undefeatable base platform. It can grow up to encompass more and undo Blizzard's idiocy for wider range of players, but not down.

QED

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    Full expansion name, continents and allied races. Maybe something about azerite as well, not sure about this one.
    The actual leaker didn't really know anything about the game though and misinterpreted quite a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Random thing but I really wonder how insane the price of Contract:Champions of Azeroth will be the first few weeks.
    As a scribe, i hope it's quite high.

- - - Updated - - -

It uses server chat and only invites people who use the same addon.
    That's the part that keeps it from being a problem. If you can't understand why, you still haven't understood the issue Blizzard is trying to solve.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    That's the part that keeps it from being a problem. If you can't understand why, you still haven't understood the issue Blizzard is trying to solve.
    This is immaterial. People make themselves available for picking up in exactly the same way. Those who used WQGF had to install it first and they installed it for a reason. Now they will install a different addon, for the exact same reason. Nothing changed there.

They said what issue they are trying to solve in the interview already, too, no need to guess about that. They are trying to solve the issue of people doing world quests too fast and not in the way they want them to do.

So are there any early bottleneck quests this expansion?

For example, like trying to loot the armour in Vashj'ir, or the Jade Forest gyrocopter.

I avoided the latter by spending a week or so pet battling.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

This is immaterial. People make themselves available for picking up in exactly the same way. Those who used WQGF had to install it first and they installed it for a reason. Now they will install a different addon, for the exact same reason. Nothing changed there.
    Wrong. Before, anybody who used the built-in groupfinder was affected. Now, only those using the AddOn are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    So are there any early bottleneck quests this expansion?

For example, like trying to loot the armour in Vashj'ir, or the Jade Forest gyrocopter.

I avoided the latter by spending a week or so pet battling.
    Everybody will have to go to Magni before doing anything else. After that, you split Horde/Alliance for the intro scenarios, then further for the 3 leveling zones. There's also a bunch of side quests that aren't tied to anything.

Wrong. Before, anybody who used the built-in groupfinder was affected. Now, only those using the AddOn are.
    I am confused, LOL. What problem do you think they were trying to solve? Are you suggesting they were trying to make things better for non-addon users of the built-in group finder? In what way???

This is on the level of "I saw UFOs". Especially after Ion explicitly said why they were doing it.

- - - Updated - - -

You have it exactly the reverse. It is before that only people using the addon were affected, positively, in that they could join groups easily, the effect was welcome. It is now, after the stupid changes by Blizzard, that everyone is affected negatively, in that we don't have auto-invite, for example, outside of their sanctioned groups, whether you used any addons or not.

I am confused, LOL. What problem do you think they were trying to solve? Are you suggesting they were trying to make things better for non-addon users of the built-in group finder? In what way???
    It naturally seperates the afk leechers out.

It uses server chat and only invites people who use the same addon
    This greatly limits players pool to players on your server/shard only, which currently do that WQ.

It naturally seperates the afk leechers out.
    And how "anybody who used the built-in groupfinder was affected"?

Don't bother answering. It is rather obvious that you made your first statements before you read the interview and now that you read the interview you switched to discussing AFK leechers, even though the reason for the change is what Ion says later: players doing world quests too fast. Those leechers aren't an issue, nobody cared about them and if Blizzard had a poll regarding whether they should disable addins and disable autoinvite in order to fight leechers, they'd be laughed out of the room, because this is like asking if they should disable auction house because it is instrumental in many of the techniques for creating dupe items.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CasualNoob View Post
    This greatly limits players pool to players on your server/shard only, which currently do that WQ.
    Yes, it does. But the number of people on current mega-servers is big enough (we'll all be in BFA zones) and this is just the undefeatable base, it can be expanded from. The point is that it is both a stupid fight to pick (why the hell can I not group however I want?) and that it is unwinnable. If there's enough demand for auto-groups yet they try to restrict them too much, players will simply find a way to do what they want outside of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, how can the addon grow up to cover more people? Easy. If I am from server A and you are from server B that is not connected to my server, but we are in the same phase in a zone and we both have the addon installed, my instance of the addon can broadcast data into a chat channel which your instance of the addon will hear and vice versa. This can be used to exchange data. It's peer-to-peer like torrents and while there are coding challenges to solve, they aren't insurmountable, and once the issues are solved, the tech is largely undefeatable. All we need to have is a communication channel and it exists, built-in, and it cannot be taken away. So, again. If the demand is high enough, we'll see addons doing cross-realm groups even without Blizzard LFG tool, just on their own.
    Last edited by rda; 2018-08-13 at 12:50 PM.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Sigh, looks like rda can't help with shitposting even on last day.

Ok, time for nap, I thought I'll play only 1-2 hours on midnight, but it will probably end up with finishing whole Nazmir ;D. I recommend it to everyone, there is nothing worse when you want to level new expac and body says no.

Deleted
    Is it coming close to time when this thread is closed?

I've been watching it for a long time. It's been a wild fucking ride.

was a pleasure to share this thread with all of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Sigh, looks like rda can't help with shitposting even on last day.

Ok, time for nap, I thought I'll play only 1-2 hours on midnight, but it will probably end up with finishing whole Nazmir ;D. I recommend it to everyone, there is nothing worse when you want to level new expac and body says no.
    I've had him on ignore for weeks. The thread has been much better.

7+ Year Old Account
    i remember the first days of the leak fest, how everyone was totally sure the expansion would not be about Zandalari and kul'tiras, good old days
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-08-13 at 02:00 PM.