Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    If I didn't know Teron Gorefiend's backstory I probably wouldn't think he was Human based on just his Black Temple model - his model certain looks like it's based on the Night Elven model (similar to Medivh's model back in TBC).
    https://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=21867/teron-gorefiend - Just look at his animations, that's a human.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Without a doubt, best orc is Nazgrim. Not normal Nazgrim, Death Knight Nazgrim. He's so much fun!

defo thrall without him there would be no horde.
    also ga'nar was so badass in wod loved him.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    If I didn't know Teron Gorefiend's backstory I probably wouldn't think he was Human based on just his Black Temple model - his model certain looks like it's based on the Night Elven model (similar to Medivh's model back in TBC).
    Yeah, I always tought it was a bit strange. They might have wanted a unique model for him, and went for this. An Orc soul, in a possesed human body that looks like a Night Elf. They nailed it :P

But yeah, this is just a version of him.

This one is cool and probably more like what they wanted him to look like:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    It's clearly a rotten human corpse, nothing elven about it whatsoever. And yes, an orc soul in a human corpse, exactly, nothing about a human ghost.

- - - Updated - - -

You aren't easy to work with :P
    He clearly looks like a male Night Elf in that posture, his face too even. Clearly is also subjective for sure

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    https://ptr.wowhead.com/npc=21867/teron-gorefiend - Just look at his animations, that's a human.
    He doesn't have an eighth of those animations in-game, though. But then, I knew his story from back in WC2 so I always knew who and what he was.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Yeah, I always tought it was a bit strange. They might have wanted a unique model for him, and went for this. An Orc soul, in a possesed human body that looks like a Night Elf. They nailed it :P

But yeah, this is just a version of him.

This one is cool and probably more like what they wanted him to look like:
    To add to the confusion, before the Black Temple was opened in TBC he actually had an Orc model for his quest-chain in SMV. This one:

While still having the history of being a First Gen. Death Knight, being the soul of a slain Shadow Council Orc placed into the body of a dead Stormwind Knight from the First War. Then he got his Black Temple model that looked more Human (or Night Elven). If you didn't know his story beforehand you could easily be confused.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    K I L R O G G

...actually it would probably be Garrosh. The orc that your orc wants to be.

My man Gul'dan.
    Last edited by Necroxis; 2018-08-13 at 05:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gul'dan. I was a Gul'dan fanboy before he made his glorious return in WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    K I L R O G G

...actually it would probably be Garrosh. The orc that your orc wants to be.
    I do think Ga'nar is the orc that your orc wants to be. He is bad ass, ruthless, but he knows when to back down and use his brain instead of just raaaaa we orcs are conqueror bla bla like Garrosh.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Both Grom's. MU first though. They missed a huge opportunity to develop AU Grom, despite the short story they wrote about him and the WoD cinematic thing about him both being fantastic. A patch between BRF and HFC dealing with Gul'dan gaining control over the Horde and Grom losing control would have made the character a lot better in WoD (and generally would have made WoD better, as you don't have to assume what happens between the two major raid tiers). MU was badass though. Enslaved himself and ended up freeing himself (and others). Underestimated by many, kills Cenarius and Mannoroth by himself in both timelines. Just a dude with an big ass axe.

Gul'dan would be my second choice, although I like the AU version better, but mostly because he was pretty intertwined with the story and built up pretty well. Felt nothing kiling Argus or Kil'Jaeden, but killing Gul'dan was awesome. He's easily the best villain in WoW, and the best thing about him is he isn't some cosmic threat. He just lurks, manipulates and is on a constant path to gain power. Allegiance with his masters until he can dispose or usurp them.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll probably go with Gul'dan. His was a tragic fate. Unfit to even live, forsaken and abhorred by all, but clinging to existence, fueled by anger, until he had a chance to ruin the very essence of the people that found him unworthy. And then, the downfall. It's one of the few tragic character arcs in WoW that are still worth something.

Grom.

Saurfang, is such a legend. Sadly Blizzard really fucked him over with recent development, turning him into nothing short of a pussy ass bitch. Sadly.

Also, fuck Thrall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Drek'thar.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

Deleted
    Hard to pick just one, there are too many badass Orcs.

It's a shame that none of the "rockstars" of WoD made it out alive. Meanwhile the Alliance got the last two missing heroes of Warcraft 2 back, and the Horde got to see their heroes die a second time. It's harsh.

And while Grom survived, we didn't even get him. The Horde continuously gets slapped in the face. And because the Horde lacks notable heroes, the Alliance is forced to share theirs and so they become neutral. It's a lose-lose for both factions.

Anyway, if I had to choose just one right now I'd go for Garrosh. He deserves a redemption arc the same way Illidan got his redemption/comeback in Legion. It just feels like there is a part of the story missing, and both characters are anti-heroes that did bad stuff but also had good intentions. Maybe now is not the right time, it's still recent, but maybe in the future he can come back someday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryonas View Post
    The deadest one.
    Damn

Beat me too it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Gul'dan. One of the most underrated villains in all of Warcraft.

Also, does Rexxar count? Or at least half count? Can I call Rexxar my half favorite orc?

Quote Originally Posted by MrSaggins View Post
    Drek'thar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    It's... it's beautiful.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

I really love Garrosh. Not because he was "bad" or anything, but because through Blizzard's mess of altered writing and bad choices they kinda accidentally created a really understandable and almost kinda pitiable character. He's one of the best "love to hate" characters in Warcraft's history, and I always found myself enjoying lore every time he became involved.

To me he kinda represents the ugly side of the orc culture. He's a warrior based on glorious combat and victory in battle, and he will absolutely step on anyone and anything to reach that. He knows this about himself, and he knows he's not meant to be a leader, and so when he becomes so he leads the Horde the way he leads in a battlefield; crushing and smashing his way to victory. The only Horde members he likes are the ones that he feels could stand beside him on the front lines, orcs and tauren, and he sees the others as weak expendable currency for cheap victories.

I always kinda wished he'd survived WoD and had something of a minor grom-esque redemption story, but then again knowing Blizzard they would've botched it hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CreatureLives View Post
    Gul'dan. One of the most underrated villains in all of Warcraft.

Also, does Rexxar count? Or at least half count? Can I call Rexxar my half favorite orc?

He is not underrated at all man! he is fans favorite for many really.