Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ls- View Post
    You have a leader w/ the thickest plot armour imaginable who will eventually lead united forces of Azeroth and whatnot. What else do you need? Isn't killing Horde leaders every other expansion enough for you?
    shit... /10chars

Quote Originally Posted by ghostnet View Post
    We have to accept that the game revolves around horde I guess, and they only pretend to care about Alliance sometimes to avoid riot
    So horde capital and leader gets destroyed in MOP. And then Horde capital falls in BfA (undercity). Soon the Horde leader will fall (sylvanas). Nothing from alliance fell other than teldrassil (not even a capital) and you say that Blizzard revolves around the horde?

Didn't the Alliance get a big win last expansion? Now's our time

Alliance victory: we get warfront boss unlocked first. Nuff said

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lummiuster View Post
    So horde capital and leader gets destroyed in MOP. And then Horde capital falls in BfA (undercity). Soon the Horde leader will fall (sylvanas). Nothing from alliance fell other than teldrassil (not even a capital) and you say that Blizzard revolves around the horde?
    Undercity was never the Horde capital, that is, and will always be, Orgrimmar. Undercity is/was the forsaken capital, Teldrassil housed the Elven capital of Darnassus, so saying that by the loss of Teldrassil no capitals were lost you are being disingenuous, at best.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    Two characters with no story in game until they suddenly become evil and get a story in books.

I'm pretty sure that was not AT ALL the same horde, nor the same alliance, or even something I could somehow enjoy in wow. But I might be wrong... Seems weird that my forsaken didn't participate into that.
    Saurfang was a NPC created with the single purpose to turn in the dragons head quests, look at him now, the power of faction bias.

Well it's was the 'Horde' invading the 'Alliance of Lorderon', I'm pretty sure it counts.
    Last edited by Beerbill Society; 2018-08-13 at 05:03 PM.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Which side drove those events though? SoO was 100% a Horde story that the Alliance got to tag along with just so we’d have a reason to run the damn raid! (Same as Uldir in BfA, apparently), Undercity and Teldrassil are all because Sylvanas did the “Let’s avoid a fight by hitting them first!”, Theramore got nuked (Horde plan), Wrathgate (Supposedly splinter faction of the Forsaken, so another Horde plan), everything Garrosh-related came from the Horde, so when does the Alliance actually start anything?

It’s not even about tit-for-tat as far as wins and losses go (Although some form of payback for Darnassus is in order), i just want the Alliance to have plans of their own that don’t start with “Well, the Horde did something, let’s react!”

10+ Year Old Account
    Except the Horde capital didn't get destroyed, we helped you morons from a genocidal old-god corrupted warchief. Also, Teldrassil not a capital? What? No wonder you Horde mongrels couldn't build anything else than mud huts when you've got such intellectual beings like you inside the faction.
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

I mean. Was Garrosh the horde leader by that point? If the horde is who follows the warchief then sure, but by that point the horde was the rebellers. So everyone except Garrosh and his co. He was nothing but a traitor of his own people at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    The bigger issues with BfL was that the Alliance would've lost badly had it not been for Jaina's last minute appearance with a sudden power surge. A bit later on they were once again faced with defeat, but this time it was Alleria and her void bullshit that saved the day. Genn screaming how their king routed Sylvanas's army was ridiculous and I feel the shortcomings of the campaign should be addressed at least in Anduin's inner musings (though I suppose he gets props for melee'ing the Azerite warmachine into scrapmetal).

What shows the Alliance in a better light: Rather than marching their army through land and its multiple chokepoints, they sailed around all that shit.
    I think the portrayal of the Battle for Lordaeron would have been far better had they showed the Alliance winning via better planning rather than Deus Ex Machina. Have Anduin know that Jaina and Alleria are in the reserve and deploy them when he needs; so when the Blight comes, Jaina is the countermeasure. When the Alliance are funneled in a chokepoint inside the city, Alleria is deployed to instantly grant reinforcements and outnumber the Horde defenders.

Then Sylvanas uses the blight bomb as a last resort, rather than smugly smiling the entire time. So it shows that she ultimately outsmarted the Alliance characters, but they at least try and thought of what they were doing ahead of time, rather than bum rushing in her obvious traps like morons and getting saved by the plot.

At this point even as a Horde player I want the Alliance to be smarter, stronger and more intimidating. There's no fun in fighting an army of idiotic boy scouts who only win when the plot says they do.

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Teldrassil was not a capital, it was an entire starting zone with a capital on it (Darnassus).

Think about losing the whole Durotar with Orgrimmar with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I think the portrayal of the Battle for Lordaeron would have been far better had they showed the Alliance winning via better planning rather than Deus Ex Machina. Have Anduin know that Jaina and Alleria are in the reserve and deploy them when he needs; so when the Blight comes, Jaina is the countermeasure. When the Alliance are funneled in a chokepoint inside the city, Alleria is deployed to instantly grant reinforcements and outnumber the Horde defenders.

Then Sylvanas uses the blight bomb as a last resort, rather than smugly smiling the entire time. So it shows that she ultimately outsmarted the Alliance characters, but they at least try and thought of what they were doing ahead of time, rather than bum rushing in her obvious traps like morons and getting saved by the plot.

At this point even as a Horde player I want the Alliance to be smarter, stronger and more intimidating. There's no fun in fighting an army of idiotic boy scouts who only win when the plot says they do.
    Horde won the battle of thorns because of their IRBM catapults, the writing on those occasions was just bad.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

I wonder WHY Teldrassil though. Sylvanas could have burned down even SW if she wanted to (khmm), why the tree? THAT particular tree? Maybe her target wasn't even the NElves and the hope BS, but the tree itself? I feel like there is some magical thing with the tree, and maybe Sylvanas knows that, or maybe Sylvanas wants to exploit that weakness by killing the tree. Maybe because Azshara? I feel like there is some relation with Azshara there. Even if it's FOR her (with the specuations going around), or AGAINST. I should read Elegy and the other thingie, wich I haven't yet
    Last edited by Lei; 2018-08-13 at 05:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know there are two places that show the difference in how Blizzard represents Alliance victories compared to Horde victories, Andorhal and Stonard. At Andorhal when the Horde wins the Alliance loses the flight point and the area is phased to represent such. Doesn't matter if you play Horde or Alliance it's the same. At Stonard the Horde and Alliance get different stories where they both "win" and it's never represented in game. *shrug*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Please? Just one? Because both Teldrassil and Lordaeron were bullshit. It wasn’t “The Horde takes one of our cities and we take one of theirs”, it was “Sylvanas destroys two cities”. Both battles made us look like complete morons. Battle for Lordaeron was supposed to be our comeback, yet once again we’re left scratching our heads while Sylvanas and gang fly off with an evil smile.

So, in BfA, can the Alliance please have one big, unconditional victory where the Horde doesn’t get off easy? I know most of the devs are Horde fanbois, but we would like to have some faction pride as well.
    Dude, stop talking out of your ass. The Alliance had the ultimate unconditional victory in Mists when they conquered Orgrimmar and toppled the Warchief. When was the last time the Horde had an unconditional victory? Warcraft 1 with the sacking of Stormwind?

And BfA is looking like another Alliance victory in the end, where the Horde can be happy to lick their wounds and replace another Warchief while the Alliance gloats. So yes, there is a faction that has a reason to complain, but it isn't the Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Dude, stop talking out of your ass. The Alliance had the ultimate unconditional victory in Mists when they conquered Orgrimmar and toppled the Warchief. When was the last time the Horde had an unconditional victory? Warcraft 1 with the sacking of Stormwind?

And BfA is looking like another Alliance victory in the end, where the Horde can be happy to lick their wounds and replace another Warchief while the Alliance gloats. So yes, there is a faction that has a reason to complain, but it isn't the Alliance.
    Do you want me to list every pile of rubble the alliance has accumulated over the years?

10+ Year Old Account
    Your king and faction leaders weren’t killed in an ambush. Pretty big win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kromkar View Post
    YEAH, now it's all about HONOR !
    Key takeaways from BfA:

-Human potential
    -Morally gray
    -Honor

Deleted
    You got Lorderon back, you still want more?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haajib View Post
    You got Lorderon back, you still want more?
    it was given. Not taken.

Deleted
    So what you want is fan service lore.Fan service lore happened once and I didn't like it at all...