Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enosh View Post
    you can remove alliance involvement in the siege completely and the only thing you'd have to change is who breaks down the gates
    SoO is a horde story about horde characters resolved by the horde, the only reason alliance is anywhere near it is due to gameplay demands and even they they did the bare minimum (see robo cat)

also like always, horde players completely ignore the context around SoO, the 2 expansions worth of victories, how the entire story revolves around horde characters with alliance only existing as background props, so yes I'd love a siege of stormwind assuming the context is the same and the story deals with alliance characters while horde gets robo wolf to click on 3 things
    So let's compare an alliance player vs a horde player, an alliance can literally every single week fuck the horde capital, and fuck their warchief, a horde can't, only option - if u want to count that - is attack theramore in a scenario that sucked for some achievements (can't be compared with mini pets/armor/mount from raid), and as ex-alliance only reason i remember Theramore is portal to Onyxia and Tailoring master trainer, it is nowhere an important city as even Stonard - the equal portal - which had 2 training masters of alchemy and can't remember other profession, and also give access to horde players (with fly) to Karagath post (didn't play horde in vanilla so may butched some names) for multiple raids and end-game dungeons
    Those 'events' we see now are at best 1 time event (does anyone remember the 1st scourge invasion in patch 1.12?), if anything game shown after 14+ years, the thing that stay most is raids, ppl will do raids forever for transmog and mini pets and mounts, even achievement hunting isn't as important as other specs, and the only alliance leader we can kill in a dungeon i can name is Moira (can u still do that in BRD?), and even so - quests wise - u shouldn't kill her in first place
    Does blizz involve horde a lot more than alliance in story ? no question, alliance is generic boring, old joke but we always described ourselves (I was alliance as i said) as humans, tall humans (nelfs), short humans (dwarfs), tiny humans (me, gnome in-game)
    But is that focus good ? NO, blizz fucked horde way too much, from honorable noble warriors to whatever disgusting shape it is now, from best friends to colleagues at best, from time where trolls were talking orcish to show strong relations to now where it is obvious that each horde race doesn't really mind if the other race get wiped, from trolls who got looked down in Garrosh era, to Taurens who are alliance but not, to Orcs who fucked way too hard, to belfs who has the worst Stockholm syndrome and wanted to return to the faction that tried to wipe them out, to Forsaken who were never trusted in first place, that 'focus' on horde is focus on how bad horde is, or in blizz words "morally grey", blizz shit on their own lore in every expansion and change anything on wimp to fit whatever they want to sell, something that effect both sides but since focus is more on horde so they fucking horde way more than alliance, Greymane who attacked horde on sight in legion is willing to stand back and help nelfs first, a 'positive' change that makes no sense from someone who literally disobeyed orders and attacked in time that both alliance and horde were getting to near best buddies lvl saving each others everywhere (for example entire rogue campaign, saving exodar, etc)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    dude the old horde WERE villains.
    What are you on about?
    the 'retcons' that blizz introduced in wc3 only to shit upon it later...
    so horde were 'villains', only to learn later they were even worse victims than alliance, only for later to they were 'villains but not really' in AU crap, to whatever they want to sell
    blizz change anything just for $$$
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    holding off the Legion? ROFL

not a single victory of noteable Legion death in 10k years.
    If there was still an army after 10k years, then yes, obviously they held them off.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    30 years? more like 2 years. he was dead for most of the time or in the night elf idiots prison because OGGA BOOGA magic

- - - Updated - - -

Horde wiped the Floor with the Alliance

Technically Horde were on the edge of victory in the second war and exterminating humans.

Then Doomhammer sent several clans to execute Gul'Dan and Cho'Gall for their treachery to make a point even if it ment losing the war.

If Doomhammer had pressed the attack bye bye Alliance.
    From my understanding when Gul`Dan left to go searching the isles he took a large force with him which weakened the horde. Doomhammer sent a force to basically bring these troops back (and wipe out anyone who resisted). By the time this was done the Alliance recovered and basically pushed them to BRM where effectively the deciding battle was won for the alliance.

The horde were close to Victory in the 2nd war, but ultimately they came out on top in a big way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well since Blizzard has always catered to the Horde and the Horde fanboys shout and cry the most, I think that Alliance won't be getting shit in this expansion. Because "For the Horde!" and such. It's shame though.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    From my understanding when Gul`Dan left to go searching the isles he took a large force with him which weakened the horde. Doomhammer sent a force to basically bring these troops back (and wipe out anyone who resisted). By the time this was done the Alliance recovered and basically pushed them to BRM where effectively the deciding battle was won for the alliance.

The horde were close to Victory in the 2nd war, but ultimately they came out on top in a big way.
    yeah pretty much, the division caused by gul'dan gave anduin lothar time to rally the second* alliance of lordaeron into an effective army.

*the first alliance of lordaeron would be the human/high elf alliance made during the troll wars prior to WC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by etheldald View Post
    we will never win as long anduin is leading us.
    honor will be our weakness, we need someone who is willing to get the job done. and not stopped by stupid morals.
    Aaaaaaaaand.......you are right!!!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post

Also, the amani and zul'jin left the horde, it was a big loss for the army
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-08-14 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    So let's compare an alliance player vs a horde player, an alliance can literally every single week fuck the horde capital, and fuck their warchief, a horde can't, only option - if u want to count that - is attack theramore in a scenario that sucked for some achievements (can't be compared with mini pets/armor/mount from raid), and as ex-alliance only reason i remember Theramore is portal to Onyxia and Tailoring master trainer, it is nowhere an important city as even Stonard - the equal portal - which had 2 training masters of alchemy and can't remember other profession, and also give access to horde players (with fly) to Karagath post (didn't play horde in vanilla so may butched some names) for multiple raids and end-game dungeons
    Those 'events' we see now are at best 1 time event (does anyone remember the 1st scourge invasion in patch 1.12?), if anything game shown after 14+ years, the thing that stay most is raids, ppl will do raids forever for transmog and mini pets and mounts, even achievement hunting isn't as important as other specs, and the only alliance leader we can kill in a dungeon i can name is Moira (can u still do that in BRD?), and even so - quests wise - u shouldn't kill her in first place
    what's the point of me posting if you are just going to ignore everything I say about context and the way the story is presented in game
    also horde just got to burn down like half of stormwind, that's more damage than fucking Orgrimmar ever experienced
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Does blizz involve horde a lot more than alliance in story ? no question, alliance is generic boring, old joke but we always described ourselves (I was alliance as i said) as humans, tall humans (nelfs), short humans (dwarfs), tiny humans (me, gnome in-game)
    that's always been a retarded argument, blizzard writes the alliance, if they don't write it in an interesting way it's on them not the fault of a fucking fictional faction

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archibalde View Post
    No bad-ass moments? Tomb of Sargeras and Antorus were all Alliance heroes. The whole expansion was basically Alliance lore, hell even the Nightborne's choice to join the Horde was mostly about Tyrande. So what if you don't get a cool faction war moment, the Alliance destroyed the Legion lore-wise. What more do you actually need?!
    Actually, it have been the Class Orders, Illidan and Khadgar. The only prominent NPCs with a clear allegiance to the Alliance have been Velen, Alleria and Turalyon, of which the last two technically have been acting on their own until we have come to Argus.

Alliance "stole the kill", so to speak. I wish they have buried both factions by the end of Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    What of the tree can be reused? It's literally smouldering still, as a CGI cutout in the background of Darkshore.

As a Hordie at heart, I really hope not.

She's irredeemable. While I don't put it past Blizzard to do it, no redemption is good enough. I used to really like her when her motivations weren't so cut and dry good vs. evil and could be argued one way or the other, but the beginning of this expansion ruined that, so there's nothing left to like.
    Jaina will get a redemption arc, because she's the princess of WoW. Sylvanas will probably be a raid boss by the end of BfA.

Though I would like to have a redemption arc for her, like an ascension to a new kind of Val'kyr or something, and instead getting rid of Jaina.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Also, the amani and zul'jin left the horde, it was a big loss for the army
    Oh? I didnt know that, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    maybe you should shut-up if you don't know?
    alliance lost the first war, won the second, then the factions first finally fought again in cata due to garrosh with the horde taking several areas and towns.
    this ended with a restored peace and another fucking horde focused expac, WoD.
    Over react much mate?
    'Words do not win wars. That is a tragedy.'

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    BC we had the elf leader going nuts, with a lot of bad elves becoming demons to be killed, old horde heroes become boss like Kargath and we passed time killing demon orcs from the old horde such the dragonmaw

WoD was a joke, making all old horde heroes as villains, and we had do to kill then and listen alliance saying it was "horde focus" because we trash then right and left like they were retarded
    I could be wrong but was kal ever part of the horde? I also wouldn’t count elfs as being horde unless your gonna count illidan and kJ as being allaince.

Same thing with wod there orcs but there not our orcs so it really has no impact on the horde just like the goats turning to the legion has no impact on the alliance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Alliance already have the biggest victory in BfA, they don't have a psychotic annoying leader.
    For a 2nd time lol...

You guys don't learn do you? Maybe they should let Taurens lead for once, maybe we can do an Old Gods expansion perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by etheldald View Post
    we will never win as long anduin is leading us.
    honor will be our weakness, we need someone who is willing to get the job done. and not stopped by stupid morals.
    Yeah, you know what mate I don't want to get Stormwind raided so we fine with Anduin thanks
    Last edited by mmocfce77134c3; 2018-08-14 at 01:23 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I could be wrong but was kal ever part of the horde? I also wouldn’t count elfs as being horde unless your gonna count illidan and kJ as being allaince.

Same thing with wod there orcs but there not our orcs so it really has no impact on the horde just like the goats turning to the legion has no impact on the alliance.
    even if they are not horde, they are horde races, people correlate then with horde thus putting the horde in a bad mood, when their races are evil and wicked

people already back off from horde because they are "monsters", evil in very other universe, this just make their reputation worse

7+ Year Old Account
    even if they are not horde, they are horde races, people correlate then with horde thus putting the horde in a bad mood, when their races are evil and wicked

people already back off from horde because they are "monsters", evil in very other universe, this just make their reputation worse
    The biggest villains in wow are all alliance races with arthas kJ and archimonde. If your just going off of races the alliance is painted worse then the horde with the only real bit horde name being gul’dan and he’s second fiddle to kJ.

7+ Year Old Account
    The biggest villains in wow are all alliance races with arthas kJ and archimonde. If your just going off of races the alliance is painted worse then the horde with the only real bit horde name being gul’dan and he’s second fiddle to kJ.
    if you look close, KJ and archimonde don't look much like draeneis for people who don't follow the lore cloely. Arthas is loved as Villain.

orc, elves, trolls, goblins are cannon folder, boss and enemies trough wow lifetime, when they already have bad reputation; humans are villains but its overshadowed by their heroic acts

its just normal, people see horde races as evil, and alliance as good, ingame make the events the evil or good more accentuated

7+ Year Old Account
    if you look close, KJ and archimonde don't look much like draeneis for people who don't follow the lore cloely. Arthas is loved as Villain.

orc, elves, trolls, goblins are cannon folder, boss and enemies trough wow lifetime, when they already have bad reputation; humans are villains but its overshadowed by their heroic acts

its just normal, people see horde races as evil, and alliance as good, ingame make the events the evil or good more accentuated
    Achinonde looks just like any other goat but bigger kJ does to just red with wings. Even then night elfs were villains in tbc humans were in wrath night elfs again in cata then goats in wod and more night elfs and goats in legion. Mop is litteraly the only expan an allaince race wasn’t evil. An alliance race has also been the big villain for tbc wrath wod and legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Achinonde looks just like any other goat but bigger kJ does to just red with wings. Even then night elfs were villains in tbc humans were in wrath night elfs again in cata then goats in wod and more night elfs and goats in legion. Mop is litteraly the only expan an allaince race wasn’t evil. An alliance race has also been the big villain for tbc wrath wod and legion.
    the point just flied over your head

7+ Year Old Account
    the point just flied over your head
    You don’t seem to have a point. The horde are painted in a bad light because some of there races are bad guys. Yet every expan outside of mop had an alliance race as bad guys and all but 2 had an allance race as an end boss or in legions case mid tier boss. By your own standers the alliance should be in just as or worse of a light but they don’t count Because having wings makes them a different race or they don’t count because people like a villain.

7+ Year Old Account
    You don’t seem to have a point. The horde are painted in a bad light because some of there races are bad guys. Yet every expan outside of mop had an alliance race as bad guys
    the problem is you focusingthe race of the boss alone, when i talk about other things.

When you(common folk) see WtLK "holy shit:, this Death knight is fucking evil, this human is a bad buy" you do not associate him with the entire race, when you see wod: "generic orcs being evil, just normal, cause all orcs are evil"

you correlate the whole race and not just a few guys as evil, because its not just one guy, but a large group being bad guys and cannon folder

Every expansion must have a Troll raid painting trolls as evil, and the troll players just have to kill other trolls, even when they were once allied, when those bad things are horde races "its normal, its generic, why are you complaining? you join the evil faction" when happen with the alliance "exception, they are corrupted or other shit"