Didn't have a chance to play yet, but I checked TUJ and prices for new materials are amazingly low (30g per ore half-day into the expansion? it's peanuts).

It is a pleasure to see dumb get-rich-quick schemes like "roll gathering, spend the first hour farming materials, then the next three hours posting / undercutting / flipping" crash and burn. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I'm honestly surprised when you meet the 'thornspeakers' of kul tiras your character goes 'are you druids?' and they straight up go 'yeah'. I was execting another wishy washy 'n-no its harvest magic' answer.
    No, they're explicitly Druids. A different way of Druidism to the Cenarion Circle, but Druids.

On an unrelated note, Sethrak actually have male and female voices and use female titles for female voiced ones where appropriate, but models are completely identical.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDavidTwo View Post
    So question. Why did they remove the gryphon exalted mounts again? https://wow.zamimg.com/uploads/scree...mal/729706.jpg This baby looked amazing and now we have no way of getting it
    prob because the rep should be only one by faction, and not flying mounts

and because of the alliance complaining i think

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Didn't have a chance to play yet, but I checked TUJ and prices for new materials are amazingly low (30g per ore half-day into the expansion? it's peanuts).

It is a pleasure to see dumb get-rich-quick schemes like "roll gathering, spend the first hour farming materials, then the next three hours posting / undercutting / flipping" crash and burn. :-)
    To be honest, with professions ranks, you don't get much, unless you do the quests. I dont even have a full stack yet of anything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post

Think it depends on your server. I was amazed that I got almost 50k for 25 higher level scales and 100 lower level ones (sorry, can't remember the names) but on my server things are totally nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    To be honest, with professions ranks, you don't get much, unless you do the quests. I dont even have a full stack yet of anything
    It's not that:

Leystone ore posted across all of EU: 1,061,105
    Ghost iron ore posted across all of EU: 1,030,205
    Monelite ore posted across all of EU: 285,015 --- this is quite a lot already and the number will reach that for Legion ore in a week tops

In general, what happens is that in modern WoW get-rich-quick schemes backfire. The number of players keeps decreasing and the experience of an average player keeps growing. Get-rich-quick schemes necessarily play on lack of knowledge or lust of others, so they just run out of fuel.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    Think it depends on your server. I was amazed that I got almost 50k for 25 higher level scales and 100 lower level ones (sorry, can't remember the names) but on my server things are totally nuts.
    It does depend on the server, but the global picture is obvious.

nice to see contracts make some gold though.

also the scrapping makes ore easy to get, it's inks that are rare
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    nice to see contracts make some gold though.
    And XP gems.

Had to stop leveling at 119, absolutely exhausted but loving the content. Amount of bugs is surprisingly low, looks like they did a lot of QA between last Beta content build and current live build. Yay!

Didn't have any serious bugs, yes, can confirm. Not that thrilled about the content, it's been meh, but nothing terribly bad. I like the zones way more than Legion ones, though, and this is a big factor for me. Mostly for their layout, visuals were cool in both expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    NPCs hit so hard when we ding 120

10+ Year Old Account
    So my heart of azeroth ilev increased by 15 item levels, but the stats didnt go up? @Marlamin ?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    So my heart of azeroth ilev increased by 15 item levels, but the stats didnt go up? @Marlamin ?
    I haven't actually checked if my stats went up when I leveled it up. Might have been a bug? Coming up on the next levelup hopefully sometime next week so I should be able to check then.

EDIT: It also might be worth noting that beta forums just disappeared. There might not be an end of beta event this time around.
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2018-08-17 at 11:44 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is the expedition spirit healer, a Murloc?

https://imgur.com/lCHHB6B

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Bwondsamedi (he's basically Ryuuk+Facilier lol)
    Facepalm. All three characters are independent interpretations of Baron Samedi, and I actually doubt that for that Anime demon thingy.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wow, this is still going.

Impressive.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Ryuuk is a Shinigami and he is nothing like Bwonsamdi
    My point exactly. Anime is rarely inventing character tropes, and instead heavily draws from Eastern mythology.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    My point exactly. Anime is rarely inventing character tropes, and instead heavily draws from Eastern mythology.
    Anime doesn't invent tropes. At most, they rose gradually over a dozen series.

Anime uses tropes heavily, tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    yikes this thread is still alive?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    yikes this thread is still alive?
    well, the beta isnt over so...
    [/URL]