Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Did Talanji shoot that artillery barrage out of her hat? I thought I noticed a Zandalari fleet, but I could be wrong...
    Nah, Talanji only invoked Rezan to speed them out of the range of the Alliance ships' cannons and part the fog. But people gotta squeeze "Horde bias guys!" in there somehow.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2018-08-14 at 01:04 PM. Reason: misspelled the God-Queen's name

10+ Year Old Account
    While I agree that the whole group of Hordies present could likely have taken on Jaina rather easily, she has had a couple of rather obscure, but nonetheless large power-ups in recent years that one could argue is the reason for the power she's been displaying lately. Chiefly is that she was infused with some of the mana from the mana bomb that destroyed Theramore in Tides of War novel and that she has the spark of Ra-den that was taken from Lei Shen's body and put into her staff in Mists.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    She fought Sargeras avatar and is considered to be one of the most powerful mages of all time.
    Eredar weren't even close to fighting Sargeras. Highborne would get stomped.
    Aegwynn's power wasn't her own. As the Guardian of Tirisfal, she was chosen to be the vessel for infusions of power from thd mightiest mages of Alliance of Lordaeron. And then, it wasn't Sargeras, only his avatar. And he was playing along to get inside her child that would later start it all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Humans are simply the best mages, period. And the best Paladins. And the best Priests.

Yay humanity!

You diaper boy, mon, You wish.
    None will be stronger then our loa's.
    I see you on the battle ground boy.

Maybe Thalyssra is still shaking off the after effects of addiction withdrawl.

Quote Originally Posted by Obvious10 View Post
    You diaper boy, mon, You wish.
    None will be stronger then our loa's.
    I see you on the battle ground boy.
    The loa are actually spirits of ancient humans who have reached the apex of human potential? (I'm kidding, I'm kidding!)

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Why is that surprising? The most powerful mages in the lore are actually humans...
    which is absurd since everybody and their mother had access to magic before humans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Humans are simply the best mages, period. And the best Paladins. And the best Priests.

Yay humanity!
    And the best at being the best. Basically they are the best Best. Most honorable honor too. Honorable honors.

In all seriousness though perhaps the kaldorei neutering hit the shaldorei too. Given that thalysra was locked out by a bunch of nobodies in the stockcades

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Maybe Thalyssra is still shaking off the after effects of addiction withdrawl.

The loa are actually spirits of ancient humans who have reached the apex of human potential? (I'm kidding, I'm kidding!)
    Lol!!!! "This isn't even my final form yet"

All those loas then combine to become a titan
    Last edited by Minikin; 2018-08-14 at 01:22 PM.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

If Thalyssra was second in power to Elisande herself, that means that we cant ever get anyone more powerful? NOOOOOO.

That means that at some time that was the case, some things evolve. Apparently not all things.

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    Maybe if she traveled the world, collecting power ups, and practicing her magic in real world combat like Jaina - instead of withering away in a stagnant biodome - Thalyssra might have been more than just another crackelf.
    >be me
    >orc mage
    >been fighting against the most powerfull enemies since i came to this World
    >Ragnaros was my bitch, Illidan was my bitch, Arthas was my bitch, Deathwing and the Burning Legion were my bitches
    >Suddenly im not the most powerfull mage in the World just because some local gurl sucked some thunder king guy dry
    >mfw

Quote Originally Posted by Sunderella View Post
    which is absurd since everybody and their mother had access to magic before humans.
    "The elves found that although humans were innately clumsy in their handling of magic, they possessed a startling natural affinity for it."

This is straight from the in-game lore, it's in one of those books that have been laying around since like Vanilla or BC.

There's nothing odd about an exceptionally powerful human mage (and again, major lore character) beating an elf mage that has seen relatively little development in comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical Mudcrab View Post
    Well, I mean, it's largely BS.

Warrior: Saurfang/Broxxigar (Orcs)
    Paladin: Turalyon (Human; had over a 1,000 year lifespan because of weird Twisting Nether BS)
    Hunter: Sylvanas (High Elf/Forsaken)
    Rogue: Garona (Half-Orc, Half-Draenei)
    Priest: Velen (Draenei) [maybe, arguably Anduin]
    Death Knight: Arthas (Human)
    Shaman: Thrall (Orc)
    Mage: Azshara (Night Elf)
    Warlock: Gul'dan (Orc)
    Druid: Malfurion (Night Elf)
    Demon Hunter: Illidan (Night Elf)
    Warrior: Varian, Anduin(Lothar)
    Paladin: Uther, Turalyon(when he was younger, he 1 shotted Doomhammer) Tirion, Arthas(he was just badass even without holy powers) and some say Bolvar
    Hunter: Nathanos
    Rogue: Ravenholdt, Shaw, both Vancleefs
    Priest: Anduin, Twilight Father, Faol
    Death Knight: Arthas, both Mograines, Thassarian
    Shaman:
    Mage: Jaina, Antonidas, Aegwyn, Medivh, Khadgar, Rhonin, Kel'thuzad, Ansirem, Vargoth, Meryl Felstorm... Xylem
    Warlock: Medivh, Meryl, Kanrethad Ebonlocke
    Druid: Not yet introduced Kul'tirans
    Demon Hunter:

No other race can fill this list like Humans can. If humans realized their "potential, they'd be the top Druds, Shamans and Demon Hunters too!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rexosaurus View Post
    "The elves found that although humans were innately clumsy in their handling of magic, they possessed a startling natural affinity for it."

This is straight from the in-game lore, it's in one of those books that have been laying around since like Vanilla or BC.

There's nothing odd about an exceptionally powerful human mage (and again, major lore character) beating an elf mage that has seen relatively little development in comparison.
    Yeah, it's been in the lore for a long time that humans are OP for no reason at all.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Admittedly, I haven't read every post in this thread so forgive me if I repeat something someone already said, but I think something has to be said for the Sith factor here. Like in Star Wars, a Sith (or Dark Side) Force user will generally show more raw power than a Jedi because they are letting their emotions fuel their powers. Jaina has a deep unrelenting hatred for the Horde and we just had the nerve to infiltrate the Alliance's capital and stage a jailbreak. To say she is going to be upset is an understatement. Combine that with all the other things she has going for (Lei-Shen, being trained by Antonidas, etc.) and I don't think it is out of the realm of possibility to say that she would be more powerful than Thalyssra, even if just in that period of time.

Also, can we consider the situation. A small strike team in the middle of Stormwind trying to escape as literally EVERYONE IN STORMWIND, including Anduin and Genn Greymane, is hunting you is not the time to stop and fight a super powerful mage. One-on-one, Thalyssra might very well could beat Jaina over time. In the situation, however, it is more the case that Jaina simply needs to slow down the strike team to bring about their ultimate ends. This is why she doesn't want to fight her.

Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    >be me
    >orc mage
    >been fighting against the most powerfull enemies since i came to this World
    >Ragnaros was my bitch, Illidan was my bitch, Arthas was my bitch, Deathwing and the Burning Legion were my bitches
    >Suddenly im not the most powerfull mage in the World just because some local gurl sucked some thunder king guy dry
    >mfw
    Maybe if you didnt overcharge Felo'Melorn, snakes wouldnt be kicking your ass in Zandalar right now.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is perfectly normal, she is an elite among Dalaran wizards and for years she´s been perfecting her magic.

It makes perfect sense, and I don´t see why people complain so much about her character, it is probably the most bad ass right now, and doing the right things..

Deleted
    I think a lot of the scenario tried to show without being able to actually show it that a) Stormwind is atm full of people, including Ancients, wisps and druids that are probably still pissed and would love to tear some Horde guys limb from limb, same as the whole remaining Gilnean population present. So.. the Horde are even more outnumbered than they would normally be in Stormwind and stand no fighting chance. and b) that Stormwind in lore is a lot bigger than ingame which means, even if Genn gets alerted by some guys spotting the intruders, he can't reach them in a few seconds. He can only get to them if they move too slowly. Same goes for Jaina. Which is why they made them move slower than they should.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    Because we are talking 30 years of talent vs literally 10000 years of experience.
    And? You say that as if it means something. I was a better instrumentalist in high school than nearly every "professional" player with decades of experience whom I encountered because I had "it". Similarly, if Jaina has "it", then no amount of experience possessed by an enemy matters. (And Jaina, most assuredly, has "it" in ABUNDANCE.) The traitorous Thalyssra and her puny band of nobodies in Stormwind were no match for the unleashed fury of Lady Jaina Proudmoore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    10000 years that were spent living in a city, doing the same crap everyday. The strongest mages in Warcraft lore have always been humans, Aegwynn, Medivh, Antonidas, Rhonin, Jaina, Khadgar, Nielas Aran, the whole council of six. Deal with it.

Forgot Kel'thuzad.
    I do think Kael'thas while being elf he is also considered as one of the strongest mages in Azeroth imo.

Jaina has a disney ship, anyone would be terrified of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryonas View Post
    And? You say that as if it means something. I was a better instrumentalist in high school than nearly every "professional" player with decades of experience whom I encountered because I had "it". Similarly, if Jaina has "it", then no amount of experience possessed by an enemy matters. (And Jaina, most assuredly, has "it" in ABUNDANCE.) The traitorous Thalyssra and her puny band of nobodies in Stormwind were no match for the unleashed fury of Lady Jaina Proudmoore.
    And again, a terrible example. It’s 30 years va 10000, not 18 vs 40...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryonas View Post
    The traitorous Thalyssra and her puny band of nobodies in Stormwind were no match for the unleashed fury of Lady Jaina Proudmoore.
    You guys [who will never let go of the fact that the nightborne didn't join the Alliance] keep using that word, but I don't think it means what you think it means. She would've had to officially join the Alliance for that term to be applied to her. In fact, the only instance of Thalyssra being a traitor is when she staged a coup to overthrow Elisande (and for good reason).

Also, a "puny band of nobodies" - sure. You got the princess of the mightiest troll empire on Azeroth, the prophet Zul, and Rokhan. They're by no means 'nobodies'.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2018-08-14 at 02:08 PM.