Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by JUNK de LUXE View Post
    you like a bit of fast pace and then you are thinking about playing MM? Have you at all tried the spec? if anything BM is the "fast" one of the 2.
    SV feels quite fast, faster then BM to me at least.
    Anybody now saying that BM is hard because of barbed shot - you wont be maintaning 3 stacks during leveling anyways, so ..

EDIT : Now noticed that you took MM out of his post, not SV. Sorry. Yeh MM just doesnt feel nice to me at all.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    BM for me. I played it in Vanilla. MM in BC. Survival in Wrath and Cata. Back to BM since then. I play solo for most of the game so BM is an easy going pace that lets me look around and tame anything I run across that looks interesting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Leveled to 120 as Survival last night. My goal was 10hrs and I hit it right on the dot, actually was the first ally on my server to hit cap. Not sure how much faster BM would be, but I imagine it probably aoe's packs down faster than suv, but suv movement time between groups is faster thanks to resetting harpoon talent. I've got a couple more hunters I could level, and if/when I do I'll test out BM and MM leveling.

Survival - I've found Wildfire Bomb and Butchery work pretty great on most packs.

I do wish Kill Command, like, _did_ something, though. Pet feels pretty pointless as SV to be honest.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Survival haven’t even picked up a bow/gun yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Survival - I've found Wildfire Bomb and Butchery work pretty great on most packs.

I do wish Kill Command, like, _did_ something, though. Pet feels pretty pointless as SV to be honest.
    Why not spec into it doing more?

I am playing as Surv. I love the more elemental focused playstyle that it has moved to with Wildfire and Serpent Sting. It feels fluid, particularly with the Harpoon talent, moving from pack to pack. Plus the ease of AoE is nice when pulling 3+ is very common.

Still swapping between MM and survival, I tried BM but it is so much boring to me, I decided to main hunter in BFA and i'm loving it, MM seems fun but I still don't understand its style, have to stay steady to cast aimed shot always fucks me in pvp.
    Survival ATM is the best for me, combining the rotation with the bomb talent rotation is very fun, and its "easy" on pvp, but I really want to go back to MM and understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Survival haven’t even picked up a bow/gun yet.

- - - Updated - - -

Why not spec into it doing more?
    Yeah I specc'd sort of at random it seems. Will adjust.

10+ Year Old Account
    Survival, but now i'm already max lvl, i have been thinking on picking up a bow/gun to be able to go BM cause Survival for world PVP is not that great (BG is another story).

I was leveling with MM till 115 then switched to BM just to see how it was because MM was starting to feel so slow. If aimed shot and buffed arcane shot x2 didn't kill the mob, a second aimed shot to get rid of the last smidge of health seemed to take forever. BM seems to be killing things much quicker, so I'll probably stick with it till 120. I tried SV out but it didn't seem as fast as BM.

BM. It's finally fun again. The core hound is my new fav pet. A shame that the white one on Azuremyst Isle lacks a HD model.

SV is also appealing but I'm gonna stick with BM for now.

Leveled as both Survival (110-115) and BM (115-120).

Survival was a lot of fun and the spec flows really well now.
    But BM leveling remains supreme. MD Barrage everything on your pet (preferably corehound/scalehide) and just AoE everything down with pet cleave and dire beast hawk. It's extremely efficient and at the same time quite fun.

Quote Originally Posted by LiPiNo View Post
    Anybody now saying that BM is hard because of barbed shot - you wont be maintaning 3 stacks during leveling anyways, so ..
    I think the new BM is quite a lot harder, but more so because of the amount of abilities you're using. Ironically what used to be the "3-button spec" is now the spec that probably uses the most abilities that it frequently uses in it's rotation, especially if leveling with warmode.
    KC / Cobra Shot / Barbed Shot / Multishot / Bestial Wrath / Chimaera Shot / Crows / Barrage / Dire Beast Hawk / Dire Beast Basilisk / Call of the Wild
    Most of the above are rotational abiltiies that you use every, or every other group of mobs.

Marks.
    It's so painful for questing, but I'm not going another expansion playing outside my own class fantasy.
    I'd enjoy it if Aimed Shot Careful Aim opener was not the sole way to efficiently kill normal mobs.
    Maybe, just maybe, they bring back old Explosive Shot to replace Aimed...
    Who am I kidding, we went all Legion and BFA beta asking for just that and Blizz is deaf and/or stubborn.

Quote Originally Posted by Xorzor View Post
    BM. It's finally fun again.
    It's literally identical to how it was in legion if you picked dire frenzy, except now your cooldowns are on the GCD.

Deleted
    For some bizzare reason ranged weapons wont drop, so i was forced to go sv