Best Zone Design and Music

This expansion so far has some of the best zone design and music Ive ever seen in a WoW expansion.

Stormsong Valley feels like original Nagrand and Valley of the Four Winds had a baby. Beautiful open spaces and occasional rainstorms. Drustvar is dripping with atmosphere and has some really mellow piano-like music especially in Fallhaven.

Its nice that the music so far in the zones is relaxing, and not bombastic like in Legion. Music should be in the background and be subtle and ambient, not front and center and stressful. They really got this right.

So far Boralus is really interesting as well.

I also think Blizzard has really improved as far as storytelling is concerned. Voice acting too, overall this just feels really good right now, like they are hitting on everything. Even the landscape, although still with vertical spaces, is not as crazy and daunting as Legion was. Legion was a nightmare to navigate at times.

Anyone else agree?

10+ Year Old Account
    Zandalar, hands down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Zandalar.

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by LoaThaFett View Post
    Zandalar, hands down.
    Nazmir though

Really? I still feel like Legion has BfA beat in the zone aesthetics department. Don't get me wrong BfA isn't bad by any measure, but I think Legion wins out.

10+ Year Old Account
    That shot, with the blood moon over the temple in Nazmir. Dear God that shit is cool.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

The first time you saw the Temple of Sethraliss in Vol'dun was like some shit out of an Indiana Jones movie, and the music gets you hyped as hell. Then you get to do the zappyboi quest!

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Really? I still feel like Legion has BfA beat in the zone aesthetics department. Don't get me wrong BfA isn't bad by any measure, but I think Legion wins out.
    I thought all of the legion zones felt cramped and boring. I like highmountain, but most of the cool places were convoluted and never used. I've already backtracked and explored all over each of the horde zones so far.

Zandalar, the music alone beats everything else (though the music in general is pretty perfect, as always in WoW).

Quote Originally Posted by donjn View Post
    This expansion so far has some of the best zone design and music Ive ever seen in a WoW expansion.

Stormsong Valley feels like original Nagrand and Valley of the Four Winds had a baby. Beautiful open spaces and occasional rainstorms. Drustvar is dripping with atmosphere and has some really mellow piano-like music especially in Fallhaven.

Its nice that the music so far in the zones is relaxing, and not bombastic like in Legion. Music should be in the background and be subtle and ambient, not front and center and stressful. They really got this right.

So far Boralus is really interesting as well.

I also think Blizzard has really improved as far as storytelling is concerned. Voice acting too, overall this just feels really good right now, like they are hitting on everything. Even the landscape, although still with vertical spaces, is not as crazy and daunting as Legion was. Legion was a nightmare to navigate at times.

Anyone else agree?
    Agreed for sure Zandalar is great so far for me. Saw a bit of Boralus too. I’m an all-time Hordie, but the Alliance zones seem a bit more interesting and nicer than the Horde ones... hopefully it changes.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Started in voldun and couldn’t wait to be finished with it. Hated it. Even starting skipping reading quests because I just didn’t care about the vulpera and snake people. They were so awful. Sandstorms were cool. I’m not a fan of the desert and the races there made it all forgettable. Going to Zandalar now. Hope it impresses.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    C'mon dude.

Legion's launch Zones:
    -Azsuna
    -Val'sharah
    -High Altitude Azsuna
    -Orange Azsuna (Suramar City was awesome tho)
    -Stormhein.
    -Fel-Green Shore.

They all were mostly filled with elven ruins and common fantasy trees. I'm exagerating with the titles but I felt that the zones were a little stagnant. And the fel-green pockets of demons weren't very different - at least Argus was more creative with the jagged landscape and Mac'aree. They were gorgeous zones, but they were too similar, imo.

Haven't seen much, only level 112, still in the troll part of the Horde zone. It does like really cool though.

Zandalar on my surround sound speakers was lit. Cranked it up I'll admit.

Zandalar is definiely one of the best leveling experiences in the game's history, up there with Pandaria and the good parts of Wrath. Vol'dun is kind of boring apart from the snake temple, but Zuldazar is visually stunning with great music and art design, and Nazmir is very atmospheric, especially Bwonsamdi's necropolis.

Drustvar and Nazmir are both amazing.

The tea party quest in Drustvar is one of my favorite surprise events

had to turn the music off, was starting to shit me