Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Not as much as you're probably thinking. Most people on the left who hate elites do so because of significant harm inflicted on the world in order to maintain that sort of lifestyle. I imagine most of them would be perfectly happy with much more modest living conditions (I know I am).

Now if we're talking about the right, that's a non-sequitur, because who they deem as "elites" has nothing to do with money.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Trying way too hard to bait.
    It worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    I imagine most of them would be perfectly happy with much more modest living conditions (I know I am).
    That's a very good point.

I grew up in modest conditions. Eventually we had more money, and then really a lot more money. And then the Wheel of Fortune turns, as it does, and there's been ups and downs ever since. But the main thing is that money is never a solution to anything, in fact it's probably a problem in itself. The important things in life have nothing to do with money beyond certain fundamental "financially stable" concerns.

I have no intention of dying wishing I'd spent more time with my best gal instead of worrying over or chasing after more stupid money. To the contrary, I spend all of my most valuable time with my loved ones and nothing matters to me more than that.

And if there is really one more thing I can't stand is having goddamned servants hanging about. Do not want.

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrShep2154 View Post
    A person who calls himself a deplorable had the nerve to tell tell this attractive rich actor to leave America.
    https://twitter.com/RealFPJr/status/1017882494392139776

Is he just jealous of his wealth and beauty?
    https://twitter.com/ohsplat

I can't believe people are paid this low!
    https://twitter.com/ohsplat/status/791394461322452992

Perhaps if we showed compassion they wouldn't be so angry and hateful!

Besides Chris Kluwe FPJr is another one of my celebrity heroes!

How many people would be jealous of this?

and this?

What can be done to reduce anger? What can be done to encourage people to become the best versions of themselves?
    from my experience people who see jealousy everywhere are merely seeing projections of their own jealousy

yes jealousy is a thing and some people feel it more strongly than others

but also people have different goals, it's stupid to assume that 'SUCCESS'(tm) is something universal, success is achieving your goals, if you wanted to earn at least 100k/month but earn only 30k you're a loser, if you wanted 3k but ended up earning 10k you're successful

so if let's say i wanted to live a wild life, travel the world, wander around, meet people, discover as much as i can etc this awesome house means nothing to me for i never intended to spent much of my time in a house... so why would i be envious?

short version: less than you'd expect

Reducing anyone's reason for hating someone to jealousy is the stupid shit 8th graders do. We have a lot of reasons we hate celebrities and 'elites', and while many of those reasons are stupid, virtually none of them have anything to do with jealousy.

It ranks right up there with "Yeah but let's see you do better!!!!" as a response to someone saying they don't like X creation. You can hear the brain cells dribbling out the ears.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Eh we don't need to be paying entertainment people what they are paid currently. Basically we are creating a society of retards who wallow in entertainment, while we have people in critical vocations (childcare workers, teachers, social workers, etc) being paid shit.
    Are you confused as to the fact that people in entertainment are paid so much because people buy tickets? I mean, it's not a magic man sitting in a room who decides "THIS POPULAR MOVIE STAR GETS 500 MILLION DOLLARS, THIS SCHOOL TEACHER GETS 60,000". I agree we should pay our teachers and social service workers a lot more than we do, but that's something people have to decide to do lol. Vote for higher taxes and vote for politicians that'll put those taxes towards schools.

Zero.

Billionaires telling millionaires the rest of society are lazy is a scam. The floor is capitalism.

It's mostly jealousy. Those that are the loudest are generally middle-class and are still better off than 90% of the global population. Their hatred is driven by envy. The low sexual market value types are the loudest

The only thing I don't like about the 'elite' (particularly Hollywood) is that they try to push their own ideology on the populace when they don't practice what they preach.

I don't envy them, I think many are despicable, in the sense that they care only of attaining property for the sake of it. How can a person with empathy and conscience evade taxes while others suffer unnecesary pain? How can they intentionally make the lives of many others worse by means of manipulations such as lobbying and outright bribe?

I think they became rich at the first place because they were mentally damaged individuals, most likely psychopaths, with no capability of feeling sympathy for other human beings. And I envy none of that.

It's ALL due to jealousy.

Trust me, all those lefties who stand for justice or whatever, they would all give those ideals up if immediate and ultimate power was accessible, and within an inch of their grasp, with nobody else to prevent them from seizing it.

It's called human nature. As it is also human nature to deny that, as they will. Life between humans is, has always been, and will always be a perpetual power struggle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Checkt View Post
    Yeah, you're just realizing that making fun of your 'look at me I ''made'' it' isn't actually the conversation. It's just making fun of you. Because you're easy to make fun of.

You also ignored literally everything I said in my initial comment to you, to comment on a minute detail of that entire comment, so no, I haven't really lost anything, i just proved you wrong in one comment and you're upset about it....
    Lol, that's no way or shape what's happened here. Your bullshit comment that you are mad that Jeff Bezos sits in one of 18 mansions while his employees work without breaks was already dismissed and after that you got butthurt and have done nothing but ad hominem. When you resort to that you have no argument. I couldn't give a shit less what you think about me or anything related to me. So please continue not making a point at this point it's just pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by beedeehee View Post
    It's ALL due to jealousy.

Trust me, all those lefties who stand for justice or whatever, they would all give those ideals up if immediate and ultimate power was accessible, and within an inch of their grasp, with nobody else to prevent them from seizing it.

It's called human nature. As it is also human nature to deny that, as they will. Life between humans is, has always been, and will always be a perpetual power struggle.
    I own a very successful business. I am very well off. Many of the wealthy people that you are talking about have less money than me, and I am angry at those people. So, your argument is that I am jealous of those with less than me, not angry about the fact that they are parasites and thieves? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I don't need to be jealous to see problems with vulture capitalists.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Lol, that's no way or shape what's happened here. Your bullshit comment that you are mad that Jeff Bezos sits in one of 18 mansions while his employees work without breaks was already dismissed and after that you got butthurt and have done nothing but ad hominem. When you resort to that you have no argument. I couldn't give a shit less what you think about me or anything related to me. So please continue not making a point at this point it's just pathetic.
    All you are doing is using ad hominem attacks while complaining about ad hominem attacks. Can we go back to where you tell us more about how mommy and daddy giving you hundreds of thousands of dollars is "doing it yourself"?
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

i wouldn't say i was angry or jealous of "the elite", i'm angry at the pervasive greed and corruption among some of the elite.

understanding that distinction is important.
    <insert witty signature here>

10+ Year Old Account
    Literally none of it.

I don't care that someone like Jeff Bezos has trillions of dollars, fifty mansions, a fleet of yachts and his own intergalactic starliner. Good for him.

What bothers me is how he can't trim a little off the top to alleviate some of the suffering his warehouse workers undergo with low wages and an inhumanly fast tempo. How he can't pay a little bit in taxes to fund the services that make lives better for Americans.

He can have his billions and trillions and whatever wealth he has. I'm just sick of men like him being so greedy that they mistreat their workers and avoid taxes. They could do both those things and still be stupidly rich in a way I'll never be.

What's even worse about these 1%s is the influence they have. David and Charles Koch should not be dictating American policy with their wallets. It's undemocratic and its bullshit. Citizens United was the worst SCOTUS decision in recent history. They can be rich all they want, but their money is giving them undue influence in the political system.

It's not the wealth that bothers me, it's the abuse, the greed, and the corruption that bothers me.

Envy is not a part of it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Take the recent tax cuts for example, it gives more money to businesses. Now if those businesses decide to use the money to expand they'll need to hire more people and those new hires are the people "trickled" on.
    How do you still believe this when it hasn't worked for the 30 years since Reagan invented the concept?
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    All you are doing is using ad hominem attacks while complaining about ad hominem attacks. Can we go back to where you tell us more about how mommy and daddy giving you hundreds of thousands of dollars is "doing it yourself"?
    No, my parents didn't give me shit. No clue where you came up with my parents giving me 'hundreds of thousands of dollars'.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Here's the rub, my guy:

Just because you dismissed every point I made (like about labor being the one who truly produces his wealth, funny how you chose to summarize that so it looks like it's a nothing point, huh) doesn't mean the point wasn't made, it just means you're ignoring it....which is...exactly....what...I said.

I'm just making fun of you because you're fun to make fun of.

Go back, requote them all, and address them if you want me to run your chain intellectually as well as with humor too, until then keep crying cus I hurt your feelings. ;\

I say live your life and stop worrying about what others are doing unless it negatively impacts you and others.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Hatred of the rich has been a thing throughout history, only in the US do we admire the rich to any degree.

I think it's because our early rich people were nice guys for the most part or if they weren't nice they made up for it by donating a lot to charity.

I'm thinking of Rockefeller and Carnegie for the most part. Poor people wanted to be like them.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

All I can see is that child with the MASSIVE forehead. I feel sorry.

Some people may hate the rich for virtue of having inherited the wealth, that is certainly a shitty aspect, and then those people with their name and wealth can go to the best schools. So, we live in a time still where the best way to get rich is to already be wealthy to start. Personally I loathe the fame that is acquired by people who literally do nothing. The YouTube fame, the reality show fame, the I am beautiful and people follow me on Instagram fame. I don't mind one bit if someone works their ass off and climbs the corporate ladder, runs a company and owns a fleet of yachts, but I fucking despise people who are rich from irrelevant branding. The famous for being famous trend is deplorable, and that is what needs to stop.
    Last edited by Coombs; 2018-08-15 at 02:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing about the kitchen and backyard in the OP's pictures is "elite" or "wealthy" or the "1%" or any other term used to described the powerful. They, the family, the house look like solid upper middle class. Like both adults have successful careers (not jobs), and maybe make 150k-300k combined (depending on the locality).
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect