Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoggoth View Post
    When you're leveling your first character or main through a new expansion is perfect. You get to see and experience pretty much everything while leveling. The problem is when you want to level 5 more characters after that one.
    then space out the leveling. you dont need 5 characters at max level anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnabas View Post
    then space out the leveling. you dont need 5 characters at max level anytime soon.
    Well of course, I'll just get the heirlooms when I can. I'm not really complaining, just pointing out that.

There has not been ONE SINGLE EXPANSION where we have progressively become stronger between old max level and new max level. We have always lost the bulkl of our secondary stats due to stat scaling and mobs have always caught up to our power by the second half of the leveling process, and whether you got a new spell or talent in the process never outweighed the loss of relative power. Have you never leveled before or did you just conveniently forget every single expansion?

Awesome zones, quests are okay, story is good so far. But yes the leveling terrible. Why? Because there is no feeling of progression. There are no new spells in our spell book to look forward to. There are no new skills in our talent tree to unlock. Going to level 111 to 112 was meaningless, just a slight increase in numbers. Nothing to look forward to at 120 other than progression gear grind.

At least with Legion you had an artifact to level like a talent tree, so leveling didn't feel trivial. As far as player progression goes in bfa, the rpg elements completely suck .

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Leveling should not feel rewarding, it should feel harder and harder til you get to the top and then you start gearing up.
    That's the whole point of it.
    I would tend to agree. It makes sense as you fight higher level mobs it would get tougher until you can farm better gear.

As long as you are stronger against older content at 120 than you are at 110, it makes sense to me. If I went back to Broken Isles after hitting 120 and felt weaker than 110, that's the only point I can see complaining about.

Seems silly to complain that some folks are wanting mobs to get easier the higher level they get.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Questing was really fun ride all the way to 120 and beyond.

What's not been fun so far are the dungeons and island expeditions are kind of pointless????

Also fury with only 7% haste kind of makes me want to pull my hair out. I guess I'll have to try arms.
    Last edited by f3llyn; 2018-08-15 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by f3llyn View Post
    Questing was really fun ride all the way to 120.

What's not been fun so far are the dungeons and island expeditions are kind of pointless????

Also fury with only 7% haste kind of makes me want to pull my hair out. I guess I'll have to try arms.
    yeah many theorycrafters pointed out the haste you had at 110 was what made it powerful and to enjoy it while it lasted. it also showed its fury's best stat. so you have to work your way back to that level.

As usual...the MMO-C community misses the point.

The OP is right. And wrong. Depending on how you used to level pre-Legion.

Let's say you entered a level 70-72 zone. In the beginning it's kind of tough, but as you get to be level 74-75 (or higher) that zone starts to get easier. The OP was probably this type of leveler. You got less experience, but it was an easier time to level -- which could mean it ended up being faster for him.

Now if you constantly went to new level appropriate zones as you leveled, then the experience really hasn't changed from then to now. You started the expac super leet in your end of expansion purples, but as you progressed to max level, you started to hit like a wet noodle. It's always been like this, ever since TBC.

I can see both sides, because I'm intelligent enough to understand where the OP is coming from.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaveri View Post
    Had to wait for my 2 min cooldowns to clear any group of mobs at 120. awesome tuning.
    You're always going to feel weak as soon as you hit max level because that's were the progression begins and you have the worst possible gear. It becomes a hell of a lot easier as you start gearing up. You'll be one shotting them by the end of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadlack View Post
    Ended up having to kill most things single target towards 120
    How is this a bad thing again? Why shouldn't this be the norm? Maybe even having to CC one of a pair too?

Quote Originally Posted by Underverse View Post
    I savor the challenge. Enough of this 'pull every mob and aoe them down' mentality that plagues most areas of the game already.
    I don't know about most classes but I leveled as an arms warrior and I pulled 10 at a time all the way to 120.

I died once because i jumped off the pyramid and had run out of gliders.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    How is this a bad thing again? Why shouldn't this be the norm? Maybe even having to CC one of a pair too?
    This hasn't been the norm at all. And tbh I'm having a real hard time believing this is the norm now. As tank spec I can pull upwards of 10 mobs at a time and, unless they have some sort of chain cc, I'll just keep going indefinitely. I'm trying to imagine which spec in the game would be so challenged to have to single pull, and outside some gimp healer spec, I just don't see it.

Agreed. I prefer my games to get harder as I progress, not easier. Generally speaking.

Leveling should not feel rewarding
    Bullshit. You should feel stronger as you level. When you fight something at level 110, it should be harder than if you fight the exact same thing at level 119. Otherwise, what the fuck is the point of going through the effort of gaining levels. Admittedly a HUGE part of this is the insipid scaling they implemented (which is a fucking cancer for this sort of game), but your logic on top of that just takes the idiocy to a whole new level.

That sort of asinine logic is why these games are so fucking abysmally designed. It's just flat-out stupid how that line of thinking even manifests in a human brain.

Leveling should not feel rewarding, it should feel harder and harder til you get to the top and then you start gearing up.
    That's the whole point of it.
    Thats certainly one take, and arguably it makes sense for wow.....but this is not how leveling has ever worked in RPGS. You gain abilities, gear, etc and slowly get stronger and stronger....ya usually mobs are getting stronger with you, but you are stronger than when you started. This is not the case in wow expansion leveling, and it's very offputting for alot of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastorm View Post
    Thats certainly one take, and arguably it makes sense for wow.....but this is not how leveling has ever worked in RPGS. You gain abilities, gear, etc and slowly get stronger and stronger....ya usually mobs are getting stronger with you, but you are stronger than when you started. This is not the case in wow expansion leveling, and it's very offputting for alot of us.
    Can see how it would be off putting but once people are in 120 heroic/mythic dungeon gear it wont be so bad. Normally.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    What do you mean "this time"?

Legion was the exact same as were the previous expansions.
    No, it fucking wasn't.

In, let's go with WotLK, a level 70 character had a moderately difficult time in the Howling Fjord. But you know who didn't? A level 78 character. Because they got stronger and had better gear.

Same applies to Vanilla, TBC, Cataclysm, Mists of Pandaria, and WoD.

You are objectively wrong. Period.

You're confusing the difficulty of taking on more powerful content (ie, the epic hero taking on an epic threat) with the issue that's making people feel weaker now (the so-called epic hero taking on the same fucking threat he did last week, only now it's ten times harder). That's on you. You're the one having trouble understanding shit, not everyone else on the planet. You.

Quote Originally Posted by f3llyn View Post
    Questing was really fun ride all the way to 120 and beyond.

You still enjoy wow questing? Geez. I guess I admire your low standards? ( that sounds like an insult, I really don't mean it that way. ) Having low standards is often a huge advantage in life.

I can still enjoy wow questing, but only when it has some kind of twist. Like the paragon abilitys in dread wastes, or the feeling of progressing a zone like in suramar.

This brainless "heres a reason to kill some shit and pick up some shit, go do it, turn it in, gain a small amt of exp, then go to the next one" style of questing is just woefully lazy at this point.

I expect better/more of bliz, but I guess this really is not the bliz of old anymore.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ac3v3n7uRa View Post
    This is how every expansion starts. Give it a couple weeks and a few good upgrades and you'll start to feel much more capable. Then in a few months you'll be invincible to this entry-level stuff.
    IDK what people are tlaking about, yes in my last level and start of 120 i felt shit.
    but allready i am only 290 (cant even do heroics) and i am able to solo 300k rares no problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadlack View Post
    Ended up having to kill most things single target towards 120
    Spec tank if you want to pull multiple mobs.