Poll: What expansion/era was the absolutely worst time in your opinion for WoW?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 26 of 56 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Banard View Post
    I understand being tilted by RNG.

wod had the original dungeons..the original 2 raids ...and 1 MORE raid....and 1 new zone.

Legion had the original dungeons plus THREE new ones throughout the xpac.
    Legion had the original raid...a filler raid....then a full raid....then another raid..
    Legion had Broken Shore and then Argus that is two new zones.
    plus a dozen or so secrets..fun elements.
    plus...plus..plus..

Again i understand being tilted with RNG and other aspects...but content wise legion was a home run. A complete success. And we will be lucky to keep that going forward in BFA and beyond. Even attempting to say there was no real meaning content means barley anyone will even look at you or take you serious.

And i'll repeat..YES being tilted with RNG is understanable...YES being tilted with AP grind or alt impact is understandable...but content? Come on. Legion is basically WOD...what nonsense is that.

I advise taking a break for a xpac. If you are that tilted at legion you need a break.
    one more raid n two irelevant wq zones (thats wot they were) wiv wot 30 minute storyline at best swear on me mum dungeons dat were avoided (maybe not kara) like da plague as far as m+ (u know da end game shit) is concerned until blizzard nerfed dem n even then people wud raver do da original ones than seat (wich still suks dik) or cavedral u cheeky cunt

i liked wod more im all about pve i didnt mind soo 4 14 months i liked that it allowed me 2 fuk around 4 longer as far as rankings were concerned m8

i also dont r8 an xpansion by da amount of content especially content dat doesnt appeal 2 me n is nothin more than an unnecessary grind aint even jokin

class design n gameplay was better in wod too n if u really want 2 look at da pinnacle of class design n gameplay mop wud be da best xpansion as far as dat is concerned wile i bang ur sis raids were good too timeless isle was okay bruv

i understand bein blinded by atred towards wod but legion is basically that jus gift rapped a little nicer swear on me mum
    Last edited by mauserr; 2018-09-23 at 04:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thesentinelblue View Post
    The first month of Warlords made it feel like the best expansion ever.

After that month... it just became hot garbage and the worst expansion to date.
    I largely agree, assuming you forget the calamitous launch that took a couple of days to fix.

WotLK. The first time I quit since I started in Vanilla.

I mained Warrior. Death Knights got so much love and Warriors got absolutely shat on and ignored. Completely replaced.

When I was on the fence about quitting or not, I remember looking up stats and Warrior was the lowest represented in practically everything. Sealed the deal.

TBC was easily the worst, attunements gated 95% of the player base out of most of the content for 90% of the duration of the expansion. Vast majority of players in TBC did nothing except farm Karazhan because they weren't attuned for anything else and if you weren't attuned you were useless to any guild that was.

I actually quit after WOD. Kind of the end of it for me. But maybe not, because now I'm back to a degree...

It's pretty much exactly my opinion - I rarely am on the side of the general consensus! XD

But best to worst in my opinion: BC > WoTLK > Vanilla > Legion = MoP > Cata > WoD

WoD was terrible. Too much cut content, too much excuses from the devs, and just too much of a filler expansion. Cata was terrible because they redid the old world areas without making a way for players to go back and do quests they loved which was a HUGE mistake. Not to mention it started the downfall of the talent trees and the rise of Green Jesus. But I will say I loved the End of Time dungeons.

5+ Year Old Account
    Personally, I thought Cata was the worst. After arguably the best expansion with WotLK, Cata was a HUGE let down by comparison. Yes, WoD was really bad, but honestly after how bad I thought MoP was, it wasn't as big of a surprise to me as Cata was.

Either Vanilla or WoD.

It's tough harping on Vanilla because of context, but lining them all up it is the weakest for sure. All the awesomeness it brought was purely due to things being new; in a quality comparison against later products it understandably falls short. That is not a disqualifying factor in and of itself, though, considering how highly now-old expansions like WotLK or TBC are generally ranked by people.

WoD, however, was unquestioningly bad both in context and as a standalone. They just screwed up too much with it, and in too many areas. If your lore and story are worse than Disney Pandas you know you messed up good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh yes...been out for a whole day and already calling it the worst...some people are so dramatic.

"Legion"

Where have you been, people?

Anyway, I vote WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Ahh yes...been out for a whole day and already calling it the worst...some people are so dramatic.
    It's not out for a whole day, it's out since months. I was just called beta (and nothing really changed between release of beta and now except fewer bugs). And now all people can see how bad it is. And when the xpack is already as bad as it's now, then not even the best patches can fix it. Only exception to this are hopefully class-fixes that fix totally broken classes, but i would not bet on it that blizzard manage to fix all the broken specs we have, beginning with Shadow Priest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    It's not out for a whole day, it's out since months. I was just called beta (and nothing really changed between release of beta and now except fewer bugs). And now all people can see how bad it is. And when the xpack is already as bad as it's now, then not even the best patches can fix it. Only exception to this are hopefully class-fixes that fix totally broken classes, but i would not bet on it that blizzard manage to fix all the broken specs we have, beginning with Shadow Priest.
    Yeah because everyone on the forums had access to the beta? Oh and can't forget we saw the entire expansion on the beta!

WoD is so bad that it's the only expansion I didn't pay for, played for a few days out of a two week trial and then quit completely. I came back in Legion and begged a friend to help me power level through it on a few alts so that I didn't have to actually do the content, and I haven't been back. I won't go back either until flying is opened up. It's a real POS. My second least favourite was probably MoP. I got really tired of the zen this and that all over the place, and am not into Troll lore, at all (So it's probably not looking good for BFA for me either) After that, Burning Crusade. I disliked it immensely, but mostly because my server at the time was full of some of the biggest d-bags in wow and they were insufferable to be around in raiding and in general. Cataclysm was fun for me for a bit, but it got kind of old. At least it was nice to be able to fly in the "vanilla" lands.

I enjoyed all of the rest, I really liked Legion though I strongly disliked the slow down in leveling and AP grinds. Wrath was my end all be all, but I feel like the end game was kind of lacking outside of doing the same damn raids on your hundred alts. PVP was a good time for me then. I spent a LOT of time in PVP for Wrath, BC and Vanilla.

Cata.

I hated most of what they did to the world (not the quests, but the aesthetic), Dragon Soul sucked ass beyond belief and I felt it was the first expansion where a vast majority of friends began to unsub.

WoD was also distinctively horrible. Very close between these two expansions.

WoD - the questing experience was great,the zones were great (mostly),the implementation of the myhic dungeons were fine,the dungeons in general were good. What I can't tolerate is that they actually sold a product,which was unfinished and made up in haste only to avoid the content draugt we faced in Cataclysm with DS. Also,im not a fan of alternative universes and think,that such thing should never happen. I even would be more happy with an expansion,where most of the content is based on the time travel through CoT.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    I get that everyone is allowed to have a opinion, but if your opinion is not WoD or Cata it's just empirically wrong.
    At least in WOD or Cata if you started playing the game in that expansion you could actually do content.

That simply wasn't true in TBC. If you weren't already in a raiding guild by the time Tier 4 shipped, attunements locked you out of all end-game content for the next 2 years and all you could do was farm Kara for badges over and over and over again, until just before WOTLK hit.

TBC was easily the worst expansion for this reason alone, and the reason most people say WOTLK was the best was because it was the expansion that got rid of this system.

Legion was the only expansion I didn't even want to finish the game time I bought. Absolutely terrible end game. And no gear for PvP to collect?
    I hope BfAs PvP system will be better, and the artifact grind lower. Still disagree about giving people these artifacts, its way more fun finding brand new items rather than upgrading the ones you have.
    Legion had a great levling experience, but the Legion story was so lame. If Blizzard had stuck with the original power level of Sargeras and the Titans and not make him into the Fantastic 4 monster, then it could have been great. That said, it still beats WoDs story as it at least progressed the story forward instead of going back in time.

Worst expansion award is a tie between Legion and WoD, but im giving it to Legion since that expansion should have been good with that theme, while WoD never really stood a chance at being great.

Forever and always WoD. BfA doesn't get that point because the lore and zones are a lot better.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Deleted
    WoD but BFA has potential to usurp it. Actually I would be very surprised if BFA is better than WoD since WoD had way more actual features.

Quote Originally Posted by ydraw View Post
    At least in WOD or Cata if you started playing the game in that expansion you could actually do content.

That simply wasn't true in TBC. If you weren't already in a raiding guild by the time Tier 4 shipped, attunements locked you out of all end-game content for the next 2 years and all you could do was farm Kara for badges over and over and over again, until just before WOTLK hit.

TBC was easily the worst expansion for this reason alone, and the reason most people say WOTLK was the best was because it was the expansion that got rid of this system.
    you're a lying piece of shit, you know that?
    the attunements were easily done as long as you did the content regularly, and by "you" i mean your guild since back then there actually was a community and a economy sustained around raiding.
    Last edited by Malikath; 2018-08-15 at 07:07 AM.