I see I see.

Oh and silly me, posting numbers when alone with a mod.

Oh, I can help with this! Also, @Knslyr, I have a question for you on Steam, when you get the chance. It's not urgent or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post

Oh, I can help with this! Also, @Knslyr, I have a question for you on Steam, when you get the chance. It's not urgent or anything.
    God damn it Iced! - 21

Okay, I need to be on Steam or you just have a question about Steam?
    Ask away if you can do it here or on PM. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Knslyr View Post
    Okay, I need to be on Steam or you just have a question about Steam?
    Ask away if you can do it here or on PM. ^^
    Just looking to craft some badges, and you have a few cards that I'd be interested in, so I sent you a trade offer with the intent of you sending a counteroffer. Or something.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Just looking to craft some badges, and you have a few cards that I'd be interested in, so I sent you a trade offer with the intent of you sending a counteroffer. Or something.
    Alright. Just send me some cards you don't need then, Im fine with whatever. I just use an addon to purchase missing pieces once I want to craft something.
    Or if you could check what I need that'd be even better.

Hiya! @Xanjori

Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    Guess I'll wait a bit before getting BFA. If I can't have my Zandalari troll, then I'm not playing lol.
    I guess you need exalted with that race before you can make a Zandalari troll, so can't hurt to play now already and then take a break until they're available.

Played a bit yesterday, got to 112 a few minutes before I had to go to bed. Zuldazar is a bit annoying to get around, especially the western part.

Quote Originally Posted by Knslyr View Post
    Hiya! @Xanjori
    Aloha! Hows things going?

Pretty good! Currently thinking about taking up the expensive and time consuming WoW again.
    You?

Im playing launch, no idea if Ill continue playing it in the future.

How you liking it so far?

I sent an offer, knslyr.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    I guess you need exalted with that race before you can make a Zandalari troll, so can't hurt to play now already and then take a break until they're available.

Played a bit yesterday, got to 112 a few minutes before I had to go to bed. Zuldazar is a bit annoying to get around, especially the western part.
    That's a bummer. Is it possible to start earning zandalari rep right away?

Yeah, I'm also disappointed by the inability to make a Zandalari Troll allied race as of right now. They are the most unique allied race in the game along with the Nightborne, as they both have their own, distinct cultures and different models, whereas all of the others are slight variants or recolors.

I'm at 113 on my Orc DK, and my second day in Vol'dun. I'm getting rather exasperated by how slow the quest progression is; I've spent five hours questing in the southern corner of Vol'dun around the pirate bay, the Sand Scorched Exiles, the crazy guy's alcove, and the temple of Akunda. There's nothing interesting going on here besides menial "kill/collect" quests, and the game is intent on keeping you around here for as long as possible. After two hours of questing and having killed the gang leader, I thought I was finally going to move on from the Sand Scorched Exiles... only for half a dozen more quests to pop up around the area. Noooooooo, lemme go back to Meerah and Serrik's stories, those were so much more interesting. Doesn't help that I don't really like Zandalar that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Val
    Dazar'alor has become tied with the Shrine of Two Moons as my favorite Horde capital. First of all, we haven't had a new, faction CITY introduced into the game since The Burning Crusade. Dalaran is cool, but if you're RPing a character whose identity is specifically tied to their faction, then it's hard to get attached to Dalaran. Meanwhile, the Shrines and Ashrans didn't feel satisfactory; you didn't feel as if this was another major population center of the Horde or that the Alliance was growing. With Dazar'alor, it very much feels as if THIS CITY IS OUR OWN, as if the Horde has become larger and is more reminsicent of the inter-continental empire that has only really been told to us in the lore and not shown to us ingame. The pyramid also gives a sense of supremacy, as if we are on top of the world, as if the Horde really is AN EMPIRE. I don't mind that the Great Seal reused the Shrine's layout; Blizzard had already figured out in MoP how to make a beautiful capital that was also functional, with all of the major services within a short walk of each other. Dazar'alor is also very vibrant; it's incredibly refreshing to see something this colorful, and it will be a pleasant sight to see for the next couple years, if not more.

That said, I wish the geography of Zandalar was as great as its setpieces like Dazar'alor. I've been playing through Zuldazar and Vol'dun, and so far the layout of the world feels incredibly video gamey, just like in Legion, with nonsense layouts such as entire villages of hostiles only fifty feet away from a quest hub populated by friendly NPCs... or drastic changes in geography separated by thin rivers and shallow hills, or more obviously tall mountains. It's a blatantly obvious themepark, as opposed to a realized world. Meanwhile, I'm looking over at Kul'Tiras, and it seems that the Alliance got the better end of the deal here, with their continent feeling like an actual place rather than just a bunch of questing areas smooshed together. Not to mention the fact that on paper, Kul'Tiras simply has better map design, as you can see the weeners (game design term - in this case the mountains) from every other zone, and you can see the other zones from one side of the lake. I'm getting Liberl vibes from the Trails in the Sky games here, or better yet, Sinnoh region vibes. It feels open and it feels realized.

Ideally, I'd want my continents going forward to take the best of WoW's environmental design with Argus' amazing skyboxes and art direction, the setpieces that defined WoD and Legion, and the immersive world design that somewhat permeated Wrath and MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    That's a bummer. Is it possible to start earning zandalari rep right away?
    Looks like it

Well they are a huge part of the Horde storyline so pretty hard to avoid getting rep with them I'd imagine.