Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KSM899 View Post
    I really hope that they do something with Arthas, simillar to what they did with Medive.

Arthas story cries for a better closure, he needs to have a proper ending.
    What wasn't proper about his ending?

Quote Originally Posted by Daws View Post
    Joking aside, yep they did a decent end to his story good guy, walks down the path of corruption to kill his enemy, looses soul, gains immense power, gets defeated and promptly dropped kicked into eternal darkness. Nice neat and no he doesn't need redemption leave his ending as is part just deserts, part tragic.
    Exactly. He was one of the best written characters in WoW. His wholes story was in Wc3, Wotlk and then in the book Wrath of the Lich King.

Let's stop beat dead horse already... We have plenty of awesome othar characters that need development.

Quote Originally Posted by Daws View Post
    So your not after an Artha's ghost story, would you be interested in an alternative universe duplicate, perhaps a long lost twin brother or maybe a Jaina secretly had his baby plot?
    That part made my chuckle a little.

Quote Originally Posted by KSM899 View Post
    I really hope that they do something with Arthas, simillar to what they did with Medive.

Arthas story cries for a better closure, he needs to have a proper ending.
    He had one of the best endings we could've imagined in the game. Let him die already...

Quote Originally Posted by Maxrokur View Post
    No even close, the story of the lich king can still be used just like Sargeras too, Arthas triying to get his redemption can be a good story just like Illidan getting a milf redemption in Legion without being a kerrigan 2.0
    But Sargeras wasn't dead. Arthas story had culmination point and he's dead, we killed him. We don't need every character in the game to have a redemption story. For real...
    Last edited by Eazy; 2018-08-14 at 09:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll say it: It's all coincidence and nothing more.

Feels like alot of reaching to me personally as well.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

I think it's all been setting up Sylvanas as the Lich Queen dating back to Cata. I'll be really annoyed if they bring Arthas back. I'm sick and tired of fighting the same enemies all the time because Blizzard can't be arsed to develop new ones.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Arthas is a marketable character, if they see money in a redemption story, Blizzard will do it.

As for whether the mentions of him during BfA are red herrings of a prelude to that, we'll see.

Deleted
    What's this cutscene about Arthas? Help a filthy Horde out will you.

But holy shit are these in-game cutscenes bad...

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    But Sargeras wasn't dead. Arthas story had culmination point and he's dead, we killed him. We don't need every character in the game to have a redemption story. For real...
    Why not? He wasn't an evil cunt from the beginning and he was played and deceived by forces more powerful than him, besides there have been far worse people in other games who get a redemption arc which has even improved the character, just look at Kratos in the new GoW

Quote Originally Posted by Ripsnarl View Post
    Hello.

SPOILERS!!!

Many people notice that BFA is full of Arthas parallels and remarks. There full list of them I found so far:

1 - War of Thorns. Sylvanas is Arthas, Ashenvale is Quel'Thalas, Night Elves are High Elves and Teldrassil is Sunwell.

2 - Warbringers Jaina. The way Jaina raises the ship reminds a lot how Arthas Lich King raises Sindragosa from WoTLK cinematic. Also Arthas' "cloud face".

3 - Warbringers Sylvanas. Flashback Scourge invades Quel'Thalas and Sylvanas' first death.

4 - The Old Soldier. Another flashback to time when Arthas and his story was relevant.

5 - Battle for Lordaeron. This is the biggest fish so to speak. Throne room cinematic just screams about Arthas. First the bell shot (Alliance version). Second when Anduin stops and looks at skies in courtyard (again Alliance version). Third is opening of the double door (both versions). This cinematic pretty much one big parallel to cinematic from W3 RoC when Arthas comes back from Northrend and kills his father (Human ending).

6 - Jaina's "personal hell" when Katherine looking for her (Kul Tiras ending cinematic). My god when "My Son" started playing and I saw Arthas' HD model I got shivers down my spine...

7 - Rastakhan and Bwomsandi deal. Rastakhan says "Don't worry about it. I taken care about everything" to his daughter. The same exact line Arthas says before killing his father in W3 RoC cinematic (that I mentioned before).

Add to this list Arthas' parallels and mentions from Legion... Well its pretty big "coincidence" if you ask me. So my question:

Why Blizzard throwing so much Arthas in our faces? Do they trying to hint on something (Arthas comes back?)? Do they just plays on our feels and nostalgia? Do they just re use their narratives, stories, lines etc?

What you think about all of this?

10+ Year Old Account
    No even close, the story of the lich king can still be used just like Sargeras too, Arthas triying to get his redemption can be a good story just like Illidan getting a milf redemption in Legion without being a kerrigan 2.0
    The thing is everyone seen it coming, blizz teased us repeatedly for years, they even told us that Illidan was still out there. Arthas got none of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    Couldn't go further after a minute of that video.

Why not? He wasn't an evil cunt from the beginning and he was played and deceived by forces more powerful than him, besides there have been far worse people in other games who get a redemption arc which has even improved the character, just look at Kratos in the new GoW
    But in the end, it was all his motive.

@evgAndLok Not at all. Part of Arthas inhabited (and still inhabits) the Lich King.(c) Alex Afrasiabi

10+ Year Old Account
    Illidan's redemption wasn't good, though. Rewriting BC was fine, rewriting his entire story and character wasn't.

And it had awesome ending. Stop with him.
    Can you really blame them though? Since Arthas we've had:
    -Green Jesus, Deathwing's Pedicure and basically all of the dumpster fire that was Cata
    -Pandaland and Garrosh allegedly doing something wrong
    -Almost had the Mongrel Horde, but we dodged a bullet and got time travelling Orcs instead
    -Kil'faeden "what story," Argus "Literally who?" the Unmaker, Void Elves, & everything else that was wrong with Legion.

The story has been garbage since WotLK ended. I'd rather they leave Arthas be, but I'm down for WotLK 2.0. It's simply not possible for it to be anywhere near as bad as what we've been putting up with for years.

Deleted
    This is probably a question for a more dedicated thread but when Bolvar took up the Helm of Domination, would he have seen elements of Arthas and Ner'Zhul there or would he have seen himself and Ner'Zhul? Or is Ner'zhul no longer present because Arthas eliminated him? I've always struggled to conceive of exactly who controls the Helm now after what you read of what Arthas does in the novel

We're overdue for a scourge expansion.

Since WoLK we've had an old god expac (Cata), an old god xpac (MoP), a Burning Legion xpac (WoD), a burning legion xpac (Legion) and now I guess we're doing yet another old god xpac in BfA?

That's 3 old god xpacs and 2 burning legion xpacs since the last scourge xpac. And Kel'Thuzad has been sitting idle all this time. They probably don't bring Arthas back, but, you never know.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Arthas' story is the best one they've ever written. The only thing that I personally dislike is the deus ex way he was defeated.

They're having the player ride a wave of nostalgia as they are reminded of what transpired. Arthas will obviously make another appearance during BfA and I expect it to be more flashbacks, but that's about it. I suspect that this expansion and the one that is coming after will be themed around undeath, the Scourge and so on.

Bringing him back in whichever form or way would be a crime against the game's story.

Deleted
    Arthas story is finished.

And it had awesome ending. Stop with him.
    We all know Arthas will make a come-back at some point. He was the most popular character in Warcraft, no way he stays dead.

He had one of the best endings we could've imagined in the game. Let him die already...
    Sorry but I will disagree with it.

Novel book reduced him from "The road to hell is paved with good intentions" type of character into idiot who only like to mock high elves and think about when, where and how many times he could sleep with his crush. On top of that they cooked up some horse bullshit with Invincible.

WoTLK story also didn't do any justice to his character aside from "Okay I'm awaken. Now lets kill everyone but before that lets show them how cunning and cruel I am. Hahaha".

Both expansion and book stories antagonized him into straight villain without goal and any decent reasoning (Just play Culling of Stratholme where they showed Arthas enjoying killing civillians and compare its with W3 version). Just for sake of making him epic raid boss. I will remind you that WoTLK never gave any explanations why Arthas did what he did. Aside from ofcourse "Lets kill everyone". Only later Chronicles tried to explain it as his paladin past and justice.

Sorry but back in 2003 when I just watched epic TFT ending I was expecting something epic, greater and much better. Something like both Arthas and Ner'zhul fighting each others for control of Lich King body. Where Arthas was trying to holding back and Ner'zhul unleash full wrath.

But in the end we got what we have.

I never understand why people say Illidan deserved the continue of his story when Arthas not. If you look how Blizzard treated them you will see its the same. Both reduced to straight villain without much explanation just for sake of becoming raid boss content. The only difference is Arthas got death cinematic and some fireworks.

And now we have Bolvar. Sorry but this is another bullshit and spit from Blizzard on Lich King story. Both Arthas and Ner'zhul walked long and hard way to become LK. Both were good explained and were logical part of whole Warcraft story. What with Bolvar? Just died and then SUDDENLY put the helm on my head.

Even Blizzard said Bolvar becoming Lich King wasn't planned since begining and was last minute call.

In the end I want to say - I don't ask redemption story for Arthas (but having one would be great). Just continuation of his story that will do some justice to his character atleast. Because his WoTLK story was mockery.
    Last edited by Ripsnarl; 2018-08-15 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Sylvanas will lose her remaining shit if Arthas comes back.
    Gotta agree with this. Arthas coming back in any way will be bad. Arthas coming back human, and worse, trying to redeem himself, will have Sylvanas flying off the slope into insanity and villaindom faster than you can say Sunwell. Remember the questline in the church right outside ICC, where Arthas boasts to Tirion that the latter won't strike his heart, something along the lines of "your people's obsession with redemption is obsessive, you'd never pass up the tiniest chance to save your most wayward son"? I can easily see Anduin trying his damndest to save Arthas, who was friends with his father, and completely alienating Sylvanas, the forsaken, all races decended from high elves, and more.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Can you really blame them though? Since Arthas we've had:
    -Green Jesus, Deathwing's Pedicure and basically all of the dumpster fire that was Cata
    -Pandaland and Garrosh allegedly doing something wrong
    -Almost had the Mongrel Horde, but we dodged a bullet and got time travelling Orcs instead
    -Kil'faeden "what story," Argus "Literally who?" the Unmaker, Void Elves, & everything else that was wrong with Legion.

The story has been garbage since WotLK ended. I'd rather they leave Arthas be, but I'm down for WotLK 2.0. It's simply not possible for it to be anywhere near as bad as what we've been putting up with for years.
    Even WotLK story wasn't that overwhelming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    Even WotLK story wasn't that overwhelming.
    It wasn't, but BC was schizophrenic at times, and everything that's come since has been bad.