Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    this is how it has been literally forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Keesasha View Post
    The BIGGEST problem is that the whole scaling thing allows a 110 and a 119 to do the same quests. Which means you can see those 110s kill stuff in seconds, while you're taking 3 times longer.
    Yes, and this is as anti-RP as it gets. You see right next to you, a guy who is a lower-level than you and is weaker than you, yet he kills your very mobs faster than you do. This is simply stupid. Why the hell did you bother to level if you'd be killing mobs faster if you didn't?

There are various other stupidities.

Really, they should either undo this scaling or make it optional.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    You're objectively not weaker, so it must be the enemies getting stronger.
    I went from 35% haste to 7% haste. Thats my character getting objectively weaker. I lost Sephuz and the Avenger's shield legs, too.

There is no way you can spin it to make it seem like my character got stronger or stayed at the same power.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    this is how it has been literally forever.
    Read the thread. You are guy #367 who doesn't understand what the subject of the thread even is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arainie View Post
    I've done the leveling and initial gear up already, having gone through everything you claim is punishing. Newsflash - it didn't feel much different from WotLK, Cata, MoP, WoD or Legion leveling. You haven't done it yet, have you? Sigh... people.
    Did I use the word punishing? No. Are the mobs in earlier zones as easy as they were before? No. Read for comprehension next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I must say I really like the new zones. Quest are well made, graphic design, music and atmosphere are awesome. Everything should be cool but to me the leveling never felt worse and I started playing in beta.
    The problem is that my character gets weaker every level. The enemies scale with me, so nothing changes except that I am losing things (e.g. old trinket proccs and legendary effects) and that my % for anything like crit etc. goes down.
    Leveling should feel rewarding but this time it feels punishing. I think instead of leveling this time they should have simply used achievements to track to progress or something similar, so that is at least does not feel as punishing as it does now,
    WoW was never expected to go on this long. The entire idea of stat squish is a bandaid.. and a poorly thought out one at that.

What SHOULD have happened was an double level based system... for example:

1-100
    then Skull 1-100

If you attacked anything that was 1-100, standard level difference would apply, but if the mobs you were engaging did not have a skull and you did the mbs would be reduced in power by a percentage... numerically it would reset to the low numbers.. .but because of having the base of Skull, would auto reduce the mobs below you to a reasonable level.

So say you are level 50 and attack a level 47 mob... you get the 3 level difference in power as usual. And hit the mob for 50 damage.

But let's say you are level Skull 50... you still would get the 3 level difference in power and hit for 50, but the mob is reduced by say 50% health and damage because of your skull level. So your 50 damage is essentially doubled.

The only trouble with that concept is if you are level 97 and want to start the Skull 1 expansion. But that is easily fixed by using code to scale Skull mobs to 101 for non skull players. Then s soon as the player reaches skull level, it no longer applies.

Even though effectively it is a "reset" of power back to a level one number system... it FEELS like a natural progression of power... with never a reduction of power in how it feels. in the end it is always how it feels that is important.. not the numbers.

That si why hitting for 2 million dps then hitting for 2000 dps doesn't relaly matter.... but having 200 crit rating at level 110 and at level 120 feels bad man... because at 120 it tkaes a LOT more rating to equal 1% crit than it did at level 110.

How it FEELS is that you are weaker.. because you are.

Blizzard keeps feeling they are almost done with the game... but it lives on. So all these bad, short term fixes, are piling up along with horrendous patch code. It's lazy, and almost impossible to "fix".

This is why I strongly believe a WoW 2.0 should be worked on... a planned successor to WoW that stops expansions. It would allow you to character copy your toons... but they would be set to the new level system (whatever that may be). Maybe something like a legacy icon to wear as a badge of honor.

Personally I would like to see Azeroth destroyed completely... and WE all become refugees in a completely new world. of course I would not trust the existing devs to do this... we don't need a Legion 3.0, 4.0, 5.0, etc... nd let's face it.. these guys are fresh out of ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    I went from 35% haste to 7% haste. Thats my character getting objectively weaker. I lost Sephuz and the Avenger's shield legs, too.

There is no way you can spin it to make it seem like my character got stronger or stayed at the same power.
    Are you doing less DPS?
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

I agree. It litteraly feels like you're regressing with every level. Not sure why they thought this was a good idea.

Yeah, they should have killed legendaries at lvl 111. Allowing them to help you level faster just creates drama because then people get that bigger power drop after they have already leveled quite a bit. Then they complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Are you doing less DPS?
    Its hard to tell. Mob kill rate has been cut in half at best.

Quote Originally Posted by metzger84 View Post
    I don't like that everything scales up to your level either, makes levelling completely pointless. The only thing that makes you more powerful is ilvl now.
    but it slows you down and make better MAU resoults

so who cares whether you enjoy it or not

blizzard certainly doesnt.

cant wait for people to reach finally 120 and see how they tuned hc dungeons this time around will be hillarius

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Its hard to tell. Mob kill rate has been cut in half at best.
    Do you not have a dps counter? I know as a sv hunter stuff has been easier to kill as I lvl with less ability’s needed at 115 then at 110.

Deleted
    It pains me, but I have to agree...

I was strong when I finished Antorus, I was weaker when pre-patch came out and now at max level I can't kill one mob without losing 50% of my hp on world quests and zone quests and if I pull two or more I die, every fucking time, and I'm using all defensive cd's whenever I can.

Some months ago, I killed a FUCKING TITAN ON ARGUS and now I can't kill a fatso with a ridiculous mustache and his drunken friends.

I had high hopes for this one, but who the fuck am I kidding?? It's my fault, I didn't like the presentation at Blizzcon, I didn't like the alpha, I didn't like the beta, why the fuck did I think that live would be better? I feel so stupid right now.

I personally disliked how much xp was needed per level.

I cleared all the story of each zone. Everything in voldun and nazmir. Did all 3 dungeons tied to the zone stories.

I was 120 and only had 3 side quest spots left in Zuldazar and 1 in Voldun. With Warmode on for all of it.

I didn't touch war campaign, no idea if that would have minimized how it felt like I needed to full clear every zone to cap.

---
    As for getting weaker, I noticed it too.
    My damage didn't feel like it diminished too much, but I certainly couldn't mass pull without cooldowns.
    This is as a survival hunter.

But that happens every expansion, I'm fine with it and look forward to regearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaveri View Post
    Had to wait for my 2 min cooldowns to clear any group of mobs at 120. awesome tuning.
    I guess you're not very good?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post

I cleared all the story of each zone. Everything in voldun and nazmir. Did all 3 dungeons tied to the zone stories.

I was 120 and only had 3 side quest spots left in Zuldazar and 1 in Voldun. With Warmode on for all of it.

I didn't touch war campaign, no idea if that would have minimized how it felt like I needed to full clear every zone to cap.

---
    My damage didn't feel like it diminished too much, but I certainly couldn't mass pull without cooldowns.
    But that happens every expansion, I'm fine with it and look forward to regearing.
    As an alliance me and my friend managed to clear 2 zones 100% with every side quests, 2 instances with quests and 3 chapters in the last zone and we're max lvl. War mode on. So I wish the XP req would be more...

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    I must say I really like the new zones. Quest are well made, graphic design, music and atmosphere are awesome. Everything should be cool but to me the leveling never felt worse and I started playing in beta.
    The problem is that my character gets weaker every level. The enemies scale with me, so nothing changes except that I am losing things (e.g. old trinket proccs and legendary effects) and that my % for anything like crit etc. goes down.
    Leveling should feel rewarding but this time it feels punishing. I think instead of leveling this time they should have simply used achievements to track to progress or something similar, so that is at least does not feel as punishing as it does now,
    Now, I guess, you understand, how bad Cata was? You was going from playing completely normally at 80-82 to being unable to kill even one mob at 84-85.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Every level up you get an increase in primary stats. In former times you were also getting hit, because your level participated in the hit math. Etc, there were several other things.

"a naked player going from level 110 to 111 only increases in power against a level 110 mob. because that mob is now lower level than it." --- Yes. This is what my post is talking about. You want to compare player of level 110 vs mob of level 110 and player of level 111 vs mob of level 111, but I explicitly said, multiple times, that I am comparing player of level 110 vs mob of level 110, and then, after the ding, player of level 111 vs mob of level 110.

This was in the text you quoted. Learn to read. You said you can read, so go read and pay attention.

And now I shall have your belated apology. It better be lengthy because you persisted for three more dumb posts. Pretending that I was being misinformed, while it was you not reading or not comprehending.
    @110, you get 100% of the stats from a 110 item.
    when you ding 111, you now only get 80% of the stats from the same item.
    whilst you might increase your base stats by 5% per level. this is not offsetting the 20% loss from still wearing 110 gear.

@111 you are 15% less effective against the same 110 mob in 110 gear.
    @111 you are 20% less effective against a 111 mob in 110 gear.

do you understand yet?
    <insert witty signature here>

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    @110, you get 100% of the stats from a 110 item.
    when you ding 111, you now only get 80% of the stats from the same item.
    whilst you might increase your base stats by 5% per level. this is not offsetting the 20% loss from still wearing 110 gear.

@111 you are 15% less effective against the same 110 mob in 110 gear.
    @111 you are 20% less effective against a 111 mob in 110 gear.

do you understand yet?
    How many times do I have to tell you to read my post where what you describe is mentioned, completely acknowledged and characterized.

You know what, you are hopeless. Ask your grandma to read my posts to you, you cannot make sense of the text. I am stopping this nonsense and no longer going to reply.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortarion View Post
    It pains me, but I have to agree...

I was strong when I finished Antorus, I was weaker when pre-patch came out and now at max level I can't kill one mob without losing 50% of my hp on world quests and zone quests and if I pull two or more I die, every fucking time, and I'm using all defensive cd's whenever I can.

Some months ago, I killed a FUCKING TITAN ON ARGUS and now I can't kill a fatso with a ridiculous mustache and his drunken friends.

I had high hopes for this one, but who the fuck am I kidding?? It's my fault, I didn't like the presentation at Blizzcon, I didn't like the alpha, I didn't like the beta, why the fuck did I think that live would be better? I feel so stupid right now.
    Was legion your first expan? You reset in power in every expan when you hit max.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sixnalia View Post

---
    This is as a survival hunter.

What lvl could you not mass pull as much? I’m sv and have only had things die faster with lvls so far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Was legion your first expan? You reset in power in every expan when you hit max.
    Dude, I play since vanilla and this NEVER happened. Don't be a cunt okay?