Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    After two years of Legion I finally got the one legendary I wanted that was actually fun and suited my preferred playstyle. It was immediately nerfed then a short month or two later the waking essence farm was made available but not before they neutered every spec and took away the power of the artifact, then they pruned the abilities and consolidated talents then the GCD, Then Teldrassil burned, horde feels ashamed and alliance outraged, then a mediocre expansion intro slow questing, mission tables, 5 level countdown until my legendaries are busted, plus every level I get weaker and I replace Hard-earned purples with greens. Then you have all these 'hype-men' on youtube who are occasionally "sponsored" by blizzard telling me how great the game is...yet...it's really pretty mediocre.

Last Week I was slaying titans.

This week I'm getting rofl-stomped by snakes.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortarion View Post
    Dude, I play since vanilla and this NEVER happened. Don't be a cunt okay?
    You played since classic but never noticed that you wernt as strong as a fresh 80 then you were at 70? You never went from fighting the lichking to fighting random spiders in Tol Barad? You have never once in all of the expans noticed that a fresh max lvl character is weaker then an end of expan raid geared one? I’m sorry but I find that hard to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    Last Week I was slaying titans.

This week I'm getting rofl-stomped by snakes.
    Welcome to every x-pac in WoW. In Vanilla I was slaying dragons. In TBC, I got killed by friggin pigs...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Leveling should not feel rewarding, it should feel harder and harder til you get to the top and then you start gearing up.
    That's the whole point of it.
    This says it all.

When you play a normal RPG, the game become more and more difficult until you get the end game gear. Why shouldn't it be like this in WoW too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazmodius View Post
    This says it all.

When you play a normal RPG, the game become more and more difficult until you get the end game gear. Why shouldn't it be like this in WoW too.
    Well, forums are usually filled with people complaining about something. In this case, it's the folks that don't want difficulty or challenge while leveling. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Its hard to tell. Mob kill rate has been cut in half at best.
    Unless you're doing less DPS (pretty much impossible) you aren't weaker.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

For first time in game im very tired lvling in BFA. Its not compared with vanilla or tbc but still is tired. At least for me. Am i getting older and i dont have the pation i used to have? Did blizz let us enjoy a good lvling progress until Legion and then desided to take this back? The only thing i know as i said is im very tired and im still 117.

7+ Year Old Account
    This says it all.

Genuine Question what rpg are you playing that goes like that? In DAo i went to the dwarf mine first got roflstomped but came out on top then roflstomped the rest of the game. The frist part I did was so long and hard that when I was done it I was above the rest of the content my level which then only fed me more power to the point where I beat the last boss with no challenge. Same thing happened in inquisition and Skyrim fallout 3-4 and pretty much every other rpg I’ve played baring monster hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    This happens EVERY expansion. Our stats decay and we lose powerful, often BIS items from prior expansions and it sucks until we hit cap and start to gear up. While yes, it is annoying, to single BFA out for it is dumb.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Did I use the word punishing? No. Are the mobs in earlier zones as easy as they were before? No. Read for comprehension next time.
    The mobs in earlier zones are really just as easy as they were previous expansions when you do the zones while leveling (comparing raid geared characters). If you go back to them later they're not trivial, that's really the only difference. Whether that's to your liking or not I really don't care, it is what it is and if you're still going to whine about it then go on and do so. I doubt it's going to get changed since it makes sure all new zones can be used for repeatable content at max level.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a lot of over exaggeration going on in this thread about how "difficult" or "hard" leveling is.

This says it all.

Normal RPGs don't have mob scaling. Just areas of a certain level range. Eventually you overcome mobs through levels and not just gear.

So I'm just now 113 (that's what I get for playing on Area52) but I haven't noticed a drastic drop (or even a noticeable drop) in my power as I've leveled. For some clarity I'm playing a brand new character I boosted shortly before BfA so my gear consisted of the Darkshore dailies and then the greens a boosted character gets - I think that as a result of that the gear I'm getting is an actual improvement over what I was wearing so I'm maintaining a reasonable curve as I level.

Almost every expansion has had a character power reset. This should be no surprise to anyone, unless you're a new player to the game.

Legion also had the creature scaling, so you should already feel familiar with this in BfA.

Why is creature scaling fair? Since rewards from the creatures also scale. The creatures drop better loot and the quests give better rewards as you level too.

Also, it wouldn't make any sense if World Quests had you kill low level creatures for max level rewards.

It would probably be less awful if Vol'dun and Stormsong wouldn't outstay their welcome so massively.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    You played since classic but never noticed that you wernt as strong as a fresh 80 then you were at 70? You never went from fighting the lichking to fighting random spiders in Tol Barad? You have never once in all of the expans noticed that a fresh max lvl character is weaker then an end of expan raid geared one? I’m sorry but I find that hard to believe.
    NEVER IN ANY XPAC AT MAX LEVEL HAVE I DIED FROM MULTIPLE MOBS IN THE WORLD!

How old are you? Even if you're a child you should have learned how to read by now.

I asked you nicely not to be a cunt but you chose to be a cunt. Grats?

Quote Originally Posted by Sammonoske View Post
    Normal RPGs don't have mob scaling. Just areas of a certain level range. Eventually you overcome mobs through levels and not just gear.
    It's become a trend in some RPGs. It's been around for over a decade in some RPGS (https://www.giantbomb.com/level-scaling/3015-608/ FF8, some SRPGs). Difference is the player/party has more non-gear customization via talents than WoW offers. WoW offers gear instead for its power increase.

Its really not that bad lol

7+ Year Old Account

How old are you? Even if you're a child you should have learned how to read by now.

Are you really so upset just by some one pointing out that your always weaker as a fresh max lvl then as a raid geared one? Mabye you have just gotten worse at the game you don’t seem to have the temperment of some one who learns and improves.

Looking at both replies here, you are the one out of hand. The dude is right, it's always been like this. Due to scaling now its a steeper curve, but you're reply is completely unreasonable. Why did you feel the need to attack him personally?