Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Conditions View Post
    Watch in 3 weeks when Uldir comes out and you can't use any of the azerite drops from there either because it requires a ton of power that you just simply can't get hold of lol.
    well no because brilliantly enough

a 340 azerite armor and a 385 azerite armor have the exact same AP requirements

Quote Originally Posted by Spookysheep View Post
    LMAO, how many players does WoW still have? I'll wait while you look it up. See you tomorrow.
    Read the thread before replying random shit that makes no sense. he said how are those HARDCORE mmo's doing today FYI wow is NOT hardcore.
    "Countless lives continuously lost because human tribalism will never cease.

We the voting public throughout the world are a bunch of uninformed collective idiots with no regard for the actions of the people we elevate to power. And those people we elevate are akin to the monsters we tell our children stories about." Tommo

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    It's almost like you rushed the game.
    I'm in the same predicament, but at a much lower level.

Just got a 310 azerite item and it has AP levels WAY WAY higher than the 300 I have on.

I won't be able to use the 310 item for quite a while as I'm only at level 12, the 300 I have on has all 3 layers unlocked.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    well no because brilliantly enough

a 340 azerite armor and a 385 azerite armor have the exact same AP requirements
    Ladies and gentleman, Blizzard "entertainment".
    RIP ArenaJunkies

Quote Originally Posted by Conditions View Post
    Ladies and gentleman, Blizzard "entertainment".
    I know right?

but hey let's keep attacking me for being completely reasonable just because I'm a hardcore player which apparently means I'm satan on these boards.

Lol some people in this thread /facepalm

I'm in similar position, only that I got a 285 ilev piece at like lev 112 from questing, which im fully able to pick all tier traits (required lev 8 iirc). Dinged 120, did WQ for azerite cache. Got another 285 ilev piece, only that for unlocking all traits i need level 21. I stared at it for like 2 minutes scratching my head and wondering whats the point of it. Quest reward from level 112 is better for me than WQ reward from max level.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    The very first WQ I did gave me a piece of Azerite gear that required around the lines of 14,18,22 to unlock. As a fresh 120 with a +10Neck, by the time I get enough to unlock it it will be replaced by more WQ gear, Normal Dungeon Gear, Heroic Dungeon Gear, Mythic Dungeon Gear and probably raid gear.

Thats just piss poor game design....
    It annoys me that so many people are ignoring this post. I just noticed this too. I can moderately understand the reasoning with Mythic gear, but for WQ gear? The fuck is the point? If they're going to leave the system like this, then WQ's shouldn't even be dropping them.

I can't imagine a single logical defense anyone could argue for this being a thing on WQ gear.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, noticed that too... Blizzard said that they want people to always upgrade their gear is the item level is higher.

A bit hard to do so when on my lower item level I can at least get all the traits and on the other - non. x_x

If they don't want people "rushing" the game then it shouldn't be so brain dead easy. Quest should be more difficult, dungeons shouldn't be so face roll..

Lot of people like to lick blizzards asshole it seems. They could have released a fish tank with turds floating in it and a lot of you would still defend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    cant or dont want to? pretty big difference

Dont want to is the key issue here, he wants 340 gear to drop that he instantly can fill out all rings on and than complain he dont have content left

Quote Originally Posted by Spookysheep View Post
    LMAO, I've been playing MMO's for 21 years. I guess in your "world" that makes me far superior to you in knowledge of how MMO's are to be played. So there you have it, MMO's are a journey. You "playing faster" than me or anyone else is a problem on your part. You have zero clue about what MMO's are about if you are rushing to max level then whining about being there.
    You completely misinterpreted the statement. OP said he's been playing for 15 years so he knows what is for HIM, not that it makes him superior and if you ever think you know how something is supposed to be played you are ignorant. There is no set in stone way to play any RPG or MMO. OP playing faster is a problem in design if they only way the have to slow people down is by not letting them equip gear from the content they clear.

RPG's are about the journey, MMO's are about rushing to max level, especially WoW. The leveling process is so dull, uninspired and not at all engaging. There is no journey to leveling in this game anymore, that's been ruined.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    Dont want to is the key issue here, he wants 340 gear to drop that he instantly can fill out all rings on and than complain he dont have content left
    The key issue here is that the game design is so bad that the only way they can slow people down is by preventing them from equipping gear from content they clear. If people shouldn't have 340 gear right now then the content should be easy enough to clear in a couple days.

Herald of the Titans SoulSoBreezy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    you won't equip it, because it's worthless without the traits

splitting hairs will lead nowhere
    Emphasis mine.
    You can come to any conclusion you like, just get the facts right.

except

I could use the artifact weapons

I'd be fine if I couldnt unlock the 2nd or 3rd or 4th trait right away

but not even being able to equip it is just BS

so dont compare it to artifact

it grew gradually it didnt have these huge cockblocks.

literally quoting myself

but hey it's nice to lie isnt it?

It's not rushing when the game forces you to play a certain way if you want to be progress in raiding when the raid releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Deleted
    No, it's really great game design and you're just a hater!!!!

My friend was really happy about not being able to equip the single item he got after clearing 6 normal Dungeons because his neck was 3 Levels too low.

It's fine though. This system only replaced Tier-Sets, Legendaries and Artifact Weapons. Won't have huge impact.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    Emphasis mine.
    You can come to any conclusion you like, just get the facts right.
    again

there's no difference

I dont see how you dont get that.

it being physically unequippable wouldnt change anything.

come on man you can do better than that. Thats some low hanging fruit.

Clearly theres a design problem when base level mythic dungeon drops will be nearly useless by the time you can use the traits and raids are out and you replace the gear anyway

The real FeelsGoodMan is getting 3 340 Azerite Chest pieces and 2 340 Azerite Shoulder pieces that you cant even trade to the other members in your group.

Quote Originally Posted by Triptych View Post
    What's the issue exactly? I've only reached 111 so far, and I'm not familiar with the mechanics at level cap.

Are you saying that dungeon drops have a "Requires minimum Artifact Power level" restriction on them?
    Your armor has two features

1. Primary Stat
    2. Azerite Traits (AP level requirement to unlock)

As the ilvl of the Azerite armor increases so does the Heart of Azeroth level requirement in order to activate those traits, a high ilvl Azerite armor could be a downgrade for a while because you go from having 2 traits to having none. So the problem is getting an exciting upgrade that isn't usable because you may be a week (example) away from being able to unlock your first trait.

How much of a big problem this is in the grand scheme I dont know though, we're 2 days into a new expansion.

You can't really call unlocking azerite traits "content". It's a tack on system that doesn't need to exist at all.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2018-08-16 at 03:23 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

The brilliant game devs at Blizzard with yet another gem of a decision!