Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    And you still haven't proven anything...sweet jeebus...
    You are the perfect example as to the reason why science has become so damnably disappointing.

At least a Christian can say "Jesus Christ" and I wouldn't bat an eyelash.
    You claim "science" then refer back to wishful thinking and belief and demand that it be called "proof."
    Sorry...your opinion isn't science. At all.
    This. There's also a huge difference between "theoretically possible" and "actually achieved".

Steve Jobs died of cancer.

/thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    It's pretty baffling with how technology has come along, immortality hasn't been achieved. I think immortality or eternal existence actually does exist but it's obviously withheld because it would throw the world into chaos for obvious reasons.
    I have no words.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

nothing in nature has immortality.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyWayneRuddick View Post
    nothing in nature has immortality.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turritopsis_dohrnii

take that!

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Well I wasnt aware of that. Transdifferentiation to replenish cells

bit like Rothschilds jumping the donor list for a new heart every year

Deleted
    It's pretty baffling with how technology has come along, immortality hasn't been achieved. I think immortality or eternal existence actually does exist but it's obviously withheld because it would throw the world into chaos for obvious reasons.
    Well, human body is not more advanced though. Unless we create some super machine that regenerates your cells 2x faster than the body destroys, but in a perfect, manageable way, maybe in a future. But even if we achieve that, there is no way to know what consequences that may bring. Messing with cells is not always a good idea. That's cancer in other words and we are nowhere near advanced enough for that.

Just because we have hover boards and computers that fit into our palms, doesn't mean we are fit to combat nature. Hell, we can't even combat basic natural 'accidents'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, think, a few steps less. Maybe not immortality but better health in general.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

"Kubota regularly appears on Japanese television to talk about his immortal jellyfish and has recorded several songs about them."
    Only in japan... do you have scientists singing songs about immortal jellyfish...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTeer-apF0I

Deleted
    Seems very unlikely, but access to the best healthcare available obviously makes a difference.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    It's not immortal, it can still die just not from aging.
    it is immortal, just not invunerable dummy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    That all depends on how large "they" are. If we're talking a small few people then surely they could keep it concealed within the family. If we're talking a much larger group then I agree.
    The larger "they" are the less likely they are to keep anything a secret. BUt the smaller they are, the less likely it is they've got immortality.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Stating evidence exists isn't the same as demonstrating it.

I have plenty of evidence here in a stack on my desk that says the moon is made of swiss cheese, with a provolone core. Very well vetted. Trust me on this.
    Awwwww, it's a joke =( Thought you'd have heard of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    receiving the treatment would HAVE to come with mandatory sterilization. Otherwise extinction by overpopulation.
    It's already going to happen unless the whole world pulls a China and limits the number of children you can have to 1 for a very long time. The problem is that people seem to think reproduction is a right when it's weird on other topics they say rights are only rights until they infringe upon the rights of others.

- - - Updated - - -

it is immortal, just not invunerable dummy.
    Immortal literally means cannot die. Invulnerable means cannot wound/harm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Highly unlikely.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Immortal literally means cannot die. Invulnerable means cannot wound/harm.
    Nah brah you got it all twisted.

Immortal means you cannot die to old age or sickness. But you can still be killed or injured.

Invulnerable means its impossible to be harmed or damaged

Deleted
    You're mentally ill.

Deleted
    I think a group exists that are researching increased lifetime for humans. Chinese first emperor traveled big distances only for his search and craving for immortality. Such strong feeling of power, curiosity and survivability existed back then and those feelings havent gone away in todays world.
    A scientist has already injected himself with something that would in his theory decrease his telomeres contraction speed by 10%. Meaning if we remove all other factors, he would live in theory 10% longer.
    Googles Ray Kurzweil talking about reaching singularity at 2035 or something. He wouldnt talk about that if he didnt have any interest in it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exxxa View Post
    I think a group exists that are researching increased lifetime for humans. Chinese first emperor traveled big distances only for his search and craving for immortality. Such strong feeling of power, curiosity and survivability existed back then and those feelings havent gone away in todays world.
    A scientist has already injected himself with something that would in his theory decrease his telomeres contraction speed by 10%. Meaning if we remove all other factors, he would live in theory 10% longer.
    Googles Ray Kurzweil talking about reaching singularity at 2035 or something. He wouldnt talk about that if he didnt have any interest in it.
    Goes to show you how far behind in technology people were back then. That Chinese emperor also consumed mercury cause he thought it would make him live longer, which we know is the opposite today. But if there's someone to listen to about the future of immortality, look no further than George Church.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyWayneRuddick View Post
    Nah brah you got it all twisted.

Immortal means you cannot die to old age or sickness. But you can still be killed or injured.

Invulnerable means its impossible to be harmed or damaged
    No you have it twisted. You're using WoW's definition of immortal which is not correct.

The word parts literally mean incapable of death which means you cannot die no matter what(sometimes in other things the no matter what extended to things such as have a single way to kill you).

The word parts of invulnerable mean cannot wound.

You can be wounded or age if immortal, you just won't die. There was actually a Greek myth about it. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tithonus

So no, you your definition of immortal incorrect.