Page 1 of 2
LastLast

An EA (Origin) User Has All His Games Deleted And EA Still Hasn't Remedied The Issue

TLDW: A gamer lost all his games via his account getting deleted and EA has yet to restore them. The person has showed EA's customer support receipts and everything and to sum it up they said hes SoL.

Also some icying on the cake, some moderator's on reddit removed the story post after it got many up votes and those moderator's are paided by EA and it was to do damage control.

A Flying Officer count wind of it and said to sum that up imply'ed that this person getting there account deleted may not have been EA's fault.

I do recommend watching the video for a better rundown.

Shit like this and Valve's non-existent customer support is why I rather have physical media but that's me.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not suprise at all. When i contacted EA support few years ago to register retail game i purchased before ME3 release. Polish support send me to English support, and English support send me back to Polish.

Too bad only, this don't change nothing actually... People will still buy EA shit.

Reminder: "You don't own nothing"

10+ Year Old Account
    That sucks and EA has done scummy stuff but theres no quick fix for stuff like this for a number of reasons I don't want to outline right now.

Its easy to be quick to grab a pitchfork, jump on the bandwagon, and yell in the e-streets. A case like the one in the video will require the customer to hae their ticket escaulated to some sort of manager and keeping in touch with said manager to fix the issue. You can't rely on some level 1 tech who know knows how to resolve a number of routine issues. There probably isn't some tool to just restore the account. It will take time, patience, persistence, and frustration. The above isn't exclusive to this situation but can be applied to many customer support scenarios. In the end, the company might not have the tool or means to give all your stuff back (but should give you some sort of credit). If they don't then you lawyer up on them!

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably bought his games via G2A. I tried that myself, they got deleted after. EA's reaction was that these keys were not legitimate.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

EA is trash, this has been common knowledge for years.
    yet they apparently still have sycophants willing to defend them and give them ass-pats.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    Probably bought his games via G2A. I tried that myself, they got deleted after. EA's reaction was that these keys were not legitimate.
    There is a difference in buying a couple games from G2A (Fuck G2A) and having your whole account deleted losing everything you legit paided for.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stop being EA customers and the problem will sort itself out. Keep giving them your money and this will never stop happening. EA has been the Electronic Hitler of the gaming world for well over a decade but most people seem to have no self control what so ever.

As far as the actual OP, the customer has zero legal recourse. You are leasing those titles when you get them through digital networks like Steam or *snicker* Origin. Does it suck that it happened? Yeah. Is it really that surprising given the long list of EA's other scumbag activities? No. Not in the least.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2018-08-15 at 01:31 PM.

Not touched Origin at all, only had freebie Theme Park, say back when when. And just as well... didn't know it was run by EA... loathsome company I absolutely refuse to give any money to.

Can't say the same for Steam though... got an absolute ton of games on that, where I make the most out of the Wish List for them bargains... And the occasional purchases in conjunction with Green Man Gaming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    Trying buying a G2A key for GW2. If Arenanet finds out they'll lock your account and tell you to fuck off, no refunds. EA isn't going to refund him anything until they can verify his purchases.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    So sue them instead of bitching?

Heck, fucking report the to the customer protection authority?

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I own all my physical console games.

This is why the PC market shouldn't have allowed the death of game ownership to happen in the first place, and why the console market needs to continue to fight against it.

Deleted
    I own the obligation that the company provides me with the services I paid for. Else I can report them to the authorities for scam and/or theft.

Sadly you need shit origin If you want to play battlefield games.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Sadly you need shit origin If you want to play battlefield games.
    Good news: They solved the problem of wanting to play Battlefield games by making them into COD now.

5+ Year Old Account
    Unless you pirate it. Then you own everything.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Huh, I thought I had it bad when Origin commits suicide and uninstalls the executable at random for no reason.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    At no time do you ever own a console game. You are paying for the disc that it came on and the ability to play it, but the software itself belongs to the publisher, not the CD holder. In court, assuming such a case wasnt instantly thrown out, all the Publisher (as the defendant) has to do is wave a copy of that EULA that you didnt read and its case closed.

I imagine theres is quite a bit more to the story "mysterious deletion" of this guys Origin game library that isnt being shared. But the truth would no doubt fly in the face of the mantle of victimhood he or she is trying to wrap around themselves.

Not that i am trying to defend EA. I have not played any game made or published by them or one of their subsidiaries in well over a decade.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2018-08-16 at 01:38 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Wait what’s wrong with steams customer support? When I’ve used it I had no problems.

15+ Year Old Account
    I haven't had problems with EA before. I ordered Sims 4 when it came out & hated it beyond belief. I contacted them and said that my PC wouldn't play the game and they refunded me the full amount I paid.