Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    it was no way near this horseshit in Legion and you also got artifact weapons which helped smooth things out. now you get 3 pieces of gear with no secondary stats and some gimmicky traits attached that are tied to your neck piece.
    The artifact weapon didn't really help much with resource generation on a feral druid until pretty late. It was really only good once you started getting haste on your gear. On a Blood DK - pretty much nothing helped while leveling. It was pretty much garbage in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    The artifact weapon didn't really help much with resource generation on a feral druid until pretty late. It was really only good once you started getting haste on your gear. On a Blood DK - pretty much nothing helped while leveling. It was pretty much garbage in Legion.
    eh yes it did..
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Nice, it hasn’t even been 24 hours and we are seeing posts comparing BfA to the expansion that we played for 2 years.
    This is like if I said "NEXT EXPANSION IS WORSE THAN BFA".

It's pretty much the same level of idiocy, what the OP said and what I said above.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Do you whining bitches not understand the concept of "Just launched"?
    Do you understand that the xpack was out since months on the beta-server and since beta NOTHING changed? And just because it has launched it doesn't change the fact that everything is known already since months?

No, the xpack is out since MONTHS and the expansion itself is a total failure. I know that blizzard white knights does not understand the concept of blizzard making also bad games, because they worship everything they do, even addons like WoD or now BfA. Datamining revealed all gear and all azerite-powers. And everything shows that it will not get better. Classes like Shadow Priest will not get a miracle cure (and even the devs accnowledged it) and the crappy story will not get better from a month ago to now when nothing has changed.

So yes, the xpack itself is a step in the wrong direction. And yes, it's right now worse than WoD, because WoD at least had a good expansion start, because if there is one thing that was awesome in WoD, then it was the leveling-content.
    Last edited by Velerios; 2018-08-15 at 08:39 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I agree. During Legion I actually found myself enjoying the zones and the leveling, many quests and quest-chains were quite entertaining. Now I do have stuff to complain on about Legion as well, however Battle for Azeroth, I find myself just bored, I don't find the story compelling, the quests feels.. Dry, the only word I find fitting to explain them. And the class changes feels incredible dull.
    Ryzen 3600X | MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wi-fi | 16GB G.Skill FlareX 3200MHz | Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT Pulse | EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G3 Gold | NZXT Kraken X62 | 2TB Samsung 860 EVO | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO | 500GB Samsung 970 NVMe M.2 | 3x 27" HP Omen 165Hz 1Ms Latency

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    He has equal right as everyone else to say what he thinks and quite frankly for those of us who have played the game in every re-iteration called "expansion" the problems so right away. Esp regarding professions it's the same old shit x14 years. Doesn't take much thinking to realize it's a bad design. The tank issues: are they new to you? The alt unfriendlyness? These are classic long time diseases that wow doesn't want to touch.

Burying it won't make it go away.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks man that's some good info. Boralus takes time to learn. Nice place though.
    Yeah, let's no bury it. Let's make 9 pages long thread, posted by a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by volkanik View Post
    I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but yeah here we go.

1. Most class changes feel terrible. Some classes felt perfect in Legion and they made them worse.
    2. The GCD change feels terrible.
    3. Still not alt friendly because of the neck grind.
    4. No more gear swapping in Mythic+.
    5. Having to go between two continents (not a huge deal), but still annoying.
    6. Some professions will still be trash later on down the line. Tailoring gets to craft two 955s, but later on it will only have 32 slot bags to make gold. Once again World of Gatheringcraft. Blizzard should just let you choose one gathering profession baseline.
    7. Tank threat change is dumb. It was already hard to find tanks now it will be even worse.

So yeah just not motivated to play like I was in Legion.
    It's been out for a day - you're a fxcking idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorman View Post
    Thanks man that's some good info. Boralus takes time to learn. Nice place though.
    feel like I should point out, that gold cost ramps up every time you use it, like the old talent respec used to do. What is new, however, is apparently that cost ramps back down a "level" every three days. So if you respec three times in one day, it will take 9 days to go back down to base. I haven't tested this yet, but I think that is how it works.

7+ Year Old Account
    1. Most class changes feel terrible. Some classes felt perfect in Legion and they made them worse.
    Warriors disagree.

Balance/class changes are coming in 8.1 as well, so they'll likely address specific GCD issues then.

[quote]3. Still not alt friendly because of the neck grind.[quote]

It's a single item this time around, so it'll likely be a problem to solve itself. If Blizzard makes the grind long and exponential, or caps the Azurite you can get, it wouldn't be anymore unfriendly than the normal gearing process.

I 100% agree on this point. Though we haven't seen this in practice in BfA dungeons, it felt incredibly awkward in Legion pre-patch mythic+. That said, the dungeon design is so good this expansion that I'm almost willing to forgive that.

6. Some professions will still be trash later on down the line. Tailoring gets to craft two 955s, but later on it will only have 32 slot bags to make gold. Once again World of Gatheringcraft. Blizzard should just let you choose one gathering profession baseline.
    Gathering, for the most part, isn't that profitable for time vs. gain. Most nodes only give 1 - 3 items, so to make any kind of money, you need to be dedicated to farming. There's nothing wrong with people who put in a considerable time investment getting a return on that.

7. Tank threat change is dumb. It was already hard to find tanks now it will be even worse.
    I played Prot on my Warrior today, and it's strange because you hardly notice the change unless the DPS are all going ham on different targets. Otherwise, it's still fairly easy. I do get where you're coming from though, but the queues cut down to like 15~ min when you get gear for heroic, and the exacerbation of queue times is mostly attributable to start-of-expansion leveling. Keep in mind, it only came out Monday.

That all said, I've also been feeling that things are a little lackluster; however, when you think about it, it's likely down to the locked content. It's not that there's nothing to do in the expansion, it's that we're in the gearing phase of the expansion and waiting on Mythics, Raids, and PvP to unlock.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but yeah here we go.

3. Still not alt friendly because of the neck grind.
    5. Having to go between two continents (not a huge deal), but still annoying.

1. Your opinion.
    2. Your opinion.
    3. Not really true compared to Legion.
    4. Fair point, but to be fair switching talents isn't allowed either.
    5. Your opinion.
    6. Professions have never been useful past the initial launch rush. They're better now than they've ever been however in my opinion.
    7. Your opinion. Dunno about the impact on availability of tanks but a lot of tanks actually enjoy having to think about threat.

Sounds to me like maybe the game just isn't for you anymore. Maybe take a break and come back later when there's a bunch of new content for you to do all at once, or when you feel like the game is good enough for your standards.

bfa is a 60$ patch and while r/wow and gd are gushing over it, casuals will quit before 8.1 as usual and the game will be a wasteland by 8.3. nothing will change: grind will continue to be grindy, timegates will still be there to waste your sub time, classes will continue to be broken for months and magically fixed in a patch much later down the line, players will still get milked for their time and things will be more random and inconvenient to make you run the same content multiple times.

this design will never change because it's their bread and butter to make stock valuable. going against it means, indirectly, a lower stock price (lower metrics = lesser "player engagement" = less valuable asset). again, if you can't see why this will never change and all you do is hope they will, you're a sucker. it's like waiting for riot games to make all champions free or to have a balanced game. it's like wanting marvel comics not to pander to the cinematic universe. it's like wanting wwe to have good tv shows. it's not going to happen. the best you can do is quit and find happiness elsewhere.
    Last edited by fishoa; 2018-08-15 at 09:10 PM.

there are no bad changes

I'm loving the expansion,as i have loved every expansion i never complain more people should do that and just play the damn game

Quote Originally Posted by Flevor View Post
    there are no bad changes

I'm loving the expansion,as i have loved every expansion i never complain more people should do that and just play the damn game
    lol - most of those people are playing the game and not visiting forums They are smarter than we are

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    lol - most of those people are playing the game and not visiting forums They are smarter than we are
    I hang here just because I am at work. If I were home, I'd be logged in and having a blast!
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Deleted
    I felt the same way as you did (even though I don't neccessarily agree with all points you made) and already unsubbed and deleted the game. I enjoyed the start since Nazmir and the class I played were pretty fun. On the other hand i really really really disliked Vol'Dun, Zuldazar and the Horde city. I never really was interested in the story, so I can't say anything about that. But overall my reasons for quitting were:

> It basically felt like a bigger Legion patch I paid money for. Nothing really changed besides that it takes places in another zone. After hitting Level 120 I never had the feeling of experiencing something new like I had in another expansions. You still are designed around some Artifact which you have to empower. Instead of having the traits in that item, you have it in other pieces which rely on the power of your Artifact.

> World Quests are the same and still have the same huge impact on your character progression. I already hated World Quests and the AP grind in Legion, nothing changed that in BfA for me. I'm aware that the amount of AP required per Level will be reduced over time, but that doesn't change the fact for me that all ways of getting them are really unenjoyable.

> Island expeditions are one of the worst things I've ever witnessed during my time in WoW. They are basically just Diablo 3 Rifts where you literally smash your head on the keyboard until they are done. You are also kinda forced to do them multiple times for the weekly cap (3 Heroic and 1 Mythic Expedition) in case you want to progress your Neck. Whoever created those probably also created the horde town in BfA.

> The Dungeons are hot garbage. While I really enjoyed the WoD-CMs and the concept of M+ in Legion, BfA dungeons are just super antifun for me. I cleared them in Heroic and did some in Mythic and couldn't enjoy a single one of them. It's just big trashpack after trashpack after trashpack, followed by an annoying Boss. My group probably would have stopped after 3 Dungeons if it wasn't for the Rogue letting us skip trashpacks with mass stealth.

> The Diablo-like density on the map because of the World Quests. It's not quite fun when u want to relax and gather some Herbs or Ores with them being surrounded by around 10 mobs.

So basically the game is still the same as Legion for me. The only thing that changed is that you have a Neck instead of Weapons. I just don't see any new features that give me the feeling of playing something new as it was with other Expansions. I even enjoyed the first ~2 months of Legion because it was something new before it got very stale and grindy. A lot of people I played with since years also felt like playing the same game with some little tweaks. Since those things also destroyed my Legion experience for me, there is no reason for me to keep playing the game at this point.
    Last edited by mmocb2d133a9f5; 2018-08-16 at 02:27 AM. Reason: added point

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    If only there was a way, where people unsatisfied with something, could voice their opinion through the medium of no longer choosing to pay for a product.
    One can but dream, eh?
    Or maybe i'm already done it, but i still care about WoW. I know that white knights doesn't understand the concept of critizising something blizzard do, we should simply praise the small indie company endlessly.

But there is actually another solution: i can VOICE MY CONCERNS and hopefully many others too, so that the next expansion becomes much much better rather than this failure we have called BfA.

And just because i critizise WoW in it's current form doesn't mean that i would not like to play again or that i want to play other MMOs

Then don't play. Literally, nobody cares that you are not happy with the changes. Even tho some of them are totally justified and or not changes at all

Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    1. Your opinion.
    2. Your opinion.
    3. Not really true compared to Legion.
    4. Fair point, but to be fair switching talents isn't allowed either.
    5. Your opinion.
    6. Professions have never been useful past the initial launch rush. They're better now than they've ever been however in my opinion.
    7. Your opinion. Dunno about the impact on availability of tanks but a lot of tanks actually enjoy having to think about threat.

Sounds to me like maybe the game just isn't for you anymore. Maybe take a break and come back later when there's a bunch of new content for you to do all at once, or when you feel like the game is good enough for your standards.
    1.) not only his oppinion; shadow priests would like to have a word with you.
    2.) Sorry, but there were polls already and they showed that the GCD-Change is something most people despise. So definitively not only his opinion.
    3.) Agreed; Legion wasn't much better in this regard. But BfA isn't alt-friendly because of the Artefact, it's because you only have 3 leveling zones. So you have the same content over and over and over and over and over again on every alt. That's more of an concern, leveling alts.
    4.) Was never a fan of gear-swapping, but can understand others who want it.
    5.) Don't care at all, but the biggest issue is simply that you can only quest on 3 zones, and the other faction zones is world quests without much lore for the other side. This makes BfA to a crappy expansion.
    6.) Sadly professions were always useless.
    7.) And a lot of them do not. Thread is something we got rid off several expansions ago, and it's stupid that it's now an issue again. I don't think that starring at thread-bars should define tanking. Rather than this we should care about how to prevent damage, but blizzard rather add defensive-buttons on the GCD. It's simply not a good chance, and sorry, but i doubt there is someone who thinks: YES, we now need to watch thread-bars again, now i definitively want to tank. (althrough some troll might now say that they do)

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Person 1: “I like apple juice more than orange juice.”

Person 2: “hmmm.. I don’t agree. I like orange juice more.”

Person 1: “Duuuuuude! Come on! Stay on topic!”
    That's about as accurate as it gets, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    That's about as accurate as it gets, sadly.
    The problem in any of these threads are A) personal experience and B) preference. There are a dozen things I would watch on Netflix that others cannot stand, and they would likely shoot themselves before watching my playlist. For me personally, BfA is an enjoyable experience thus far. I've only just begun and have barely hit 112. I have a plan for a long, slow move through all 3 zones. Before I even touch a dungeon, I want to clear all of the quests in the new zones. But that's just me.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi