Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Could you access any feature of WotLK without leveling through Outland?
    No, which is why new expansions come with boosts now. So that this doesn't happen anymore. Locking allied races behind old content was doubling down on a mistake they had already understood and fixed.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    This is about the same as telling a vanilla player they had to play Everquest to get a race. The issue is people having to grind it is doing old content that is time gated. Now if there were wats to grinf it in current content I doubt people would mind as much. We don't have to go back to WoD for orc rep
    there are SEVERAL items that you can only get from your garrison in WOD.

IF you want those items...guess what you have to do.

It's the equivalent of telling you that there are items in game, from a time when you didn't play the game, and if you want them, you're gonna have to go back to that part of the game.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's illogical.

WoW is such a big game and by now, an old game, new expansions gives us a soft "reset", as just about everything from the previous expansion becomes irrelevant to the new one.
    BFA is now live and Legion shouldn't have anything to do with those races anymore.
    And yes all of the Allied races are BFA content as it requires the BFA expansion to play them.

Quote Originally Posted by splatomat View Post
    So just to get this straight...a heavily advertised feature of the expansion requires content that isn't from the expansion. Moreover, this feature isn't available to new players at all, and some parts aren't available to even existing players until they sink enough time into the expansion to get a completely unassociated aspect of the expansion unlocked. Moreover, the feature doesn't even have anything to do with what would be considered "endgame" content. It's literally new-player content as it allows you to create a new character.

Sorry, but this is stupid. It's all arbitrarily gated to slow people down. You pissing and moaning about entitlement doesn't magically make it sensible. But you know that, right?

- - - Updated - - -

No. Wrong. 100% wrong. They're a reward for purchasing the BFA expansion.

Can you play the allied races without buying BFA? No? Okay, so they're tied to BFA. They're BFA content. Please stop. The end.
    All of the information and criteria for how to earn them has been out for months. Arbitrary or not, it's been the same since the races were announced and BfA pre-order was available. Blizzard intends for people who want the races to go through the process of earning them in-game the way you would typically earn an ally, by helping them out and earning their trust.

It sucks for new people who really really want to play as one, but they're by no means required to play the game.

I see them reducing the requirements at some point, but not this close after BfA launch. Until them, earn them the way Blizzard intended, just like everyone else and then use your free 110 boost on them if you reall want to use them for BfA content ASAP.

This forum is so funny. Such drama over semantics....lol. It's like when they redid all the vanilla zones for Cata launch, and everyone complained that "the revamp is not Cata content because you got it without buying Cata. Therefore, Blizz should not be able to use the excuse that it tied up resources for Cata content development. Blizz sux!!!!".

lol - you guys are funny.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Awe View Post
    IDK. Maybe, like, he was not playing back then so he did not follow the news? Now he is back and wants to play a new race, a feature of this new expansion, and learns that in order to do so, he must go back and grind currently irrelevant content of previous expansion in order to unlock it? The logic is pretty straightforward.
    Then I guess he learned to pay closer attention to the news, didn't he?

I will say that it does suck for new players, but the same can be said for any mount, cosmetic item, toy, etc. that's behind a rep grind.

It will eventually be revoked I'm pretty sure. Maybe not 8.1 or 8.2 but more like the final patch or the pre patch of the expansion after this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Checkt View Post
    there are SEVERAL items that you can only get from your garrison in WOD.

IF you want those items...guess what you have to do.

It's the equivalent of telling you that there are items in game, from a time when you didn't play the game, and if you want them, you're gonna have to go back to that part of the game.
    Which was apart of that content and not advertised as being a new feature requiring BfA to get.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Zegi View Post
    A new expansion launched > Returning player likes to play a void elf > He can't, he needs to return to legion content and grind = wtf ?
    Returning players shouldn't be rewarded with content that consistent players earned through playing.

You don't deserve everything. If you really want to play a Void Elf, do the grind like the rest of us.

G'day.

The bonuses of grinding world quests for AP.

Seriously tho, the rep requirements aren't that hard and now that the max level is 120 I assume its even easier now.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    It will eventually be revoked I'm pretty sure. Maybe not 8.1 or 8.2 but more like the final patch or the pre patch of the expansion after this one.
    People have been saying this since their release. I wouldn't be so "pretty sure" as they've commented that they have no plans to remove the requirement. Who knows what will happen, but I'm certain this is wishful thinking.

Why someone would wait 6+ months to play a race they want to play that could be unlocked in 2 weeks blows my mind.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Which was apart of that content and not advertised as being a new feature requiring BfA to get.
    The ability to unlock allied races didn't ship with BFA?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Yes, there are a few things like these allied races they have to fix. Nightborne quest line requires a Xavius kill. Much harder to collect rep without it. Well, a few expansions more and you can solo him.

Quote Originally Posted by Siniwelho View Post
    Yes, there are a few things like these allied races they have to fix. Nightborne quest line requires a Xavius kill. Much harder to collect rep without it. Well, a few expansions more and you can solo him.
    I would bet you could solo it at 120.

It's like how you still have to go to Outland to get the Netherwing mounts, and you still have to kill Arthas every week to get Invincible. Allied races are purely optional content that exist to keep Legion areas relevant. If void elves are not worth the effort, then don't unlock them.

Quote Originally Posted by Checkt View Post
    The ability to unlock allied races didn't ship with BFA?
    The 4 current allied races were "shipped" with the Battle for Azeroth pre-order, which happened months before the actual shipping of BfA.

Not sure what your post intended to convey so I'm just answering the question your post seemed to be asking, feel feel to disregard if that wasn't the point of your post.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    Returning players shouldn't be rewarded with content that consistent players earned through playing.

You don't deserve everything. If you really want to play a Void Elf, do the grind like the rest of us.

G'day.
    Go grind all 21 tiers of raids to get greens in BfA, because you don't deserve better gear by just skipping content.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by Eul View Post
    I predict in a month, there will be a bypass if you race change. $$$
    Allied races are just a cash grab. They're so lazy. Either just a couple recolors of what we have or a new skin over the same skeleton. Want the armour you had to buy the xpac for... well enjoy grinding for 80 hrs to get max level. Orrrrr for a measly 60$ you can just boost your way to the top!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zegi View Post
    A new expansion launched > Returning player likes to play a void elf > He can't, he needs to return to legion content and grind = wtf ?
    Allied races are a privilege not a right. If you're too lazy to unlock them then you can just play the original races.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    Go grind all 21 tiers of raids to get greens in BfA, because you don't deserve better gear by just skipping content.
    Comparing gear which is required to do high end content to allied races which are not. Nice analogy there.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

15+ Year Old Account
    Allied races are part of BFA, there should at least be a way to unlock them doing current content.
    (I have all unlocked btw not that it really matters...)

Maybe the option to mark a (pre)legion faction on the reputation panel.
    Then whenever you get any rep in BFA you get 20% for the marked rep faction as well.
    So you slowly get the bar filled doing fun stuff.