Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fishoa View Post
    get good

at wasting time grinding rep

let me know whenever that grind carries you to mythic clears

xoxo
    Be careful whom you address. I am ranked within the top 10 Transmog EU. The style trial is only cleared by a small margin of dedicated elite players who have intellect, hand eye coordination, dexterity and attractiveness.

If you struggle with reputation, you will struggle with society.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Comparing gear which is required to do high end content to allied races which are not. Nice analogy there.
    If you are too lazy to clear 21 tiers of raids, you don't deserve to clear T22 anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Quote Originally Posted by splatomat View Post
    So just to get this straight...a heavily advertised feature of the expansion requires content that isn't from the expansion. Moreover, this feature isn't available to new players at all, and some parts aren't available to even existing players until they sink enough time into the expansion to get a completely unassociated aspect of the expansion unlocked. Moreover, the feature doesn't even have anything to do with what would be considered "endgame" content. It's literally new-player content as it allows you to create a new character.

Sorry, but this is stupid. It's all arbitrarily gated to slow people down. You pissing and moaning about entitlement doesn't magically make it sensible. But you know that, right?

- - - Updated - - -

No. Wrong. 100% wrong. They're a reward for purchasing the BFA expansion.

Can you play the allied races without buying BFA? No? Okay, so they're tied to BFA. They're BFA content. Please stop. The end.
    They are Legion factions and earned through playing Legion content. The End. Void elves, lightforged draenei, nightborne, and highmountain tauren have absolutely nothing to do whatsoever with battle for Azeroth. If you can't underestand that idea then your level intelligence must be extremely low.
    Last edited by Lanesia; 2018-08-16 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zegi View Post
    hmm I don't want to return to legion to get bfa content unlocked?
    Well then, lucky for you, Void Elves aren't BfA content. They are Legion content. Hence why they were released during Legion, with Legion requirements, based on Legion story and lore. How you get that it is BfA content baffles me.

The only tie in there is now is that Allied Races, as a system, were announced with the BfA announcement. However, between that announcement and now, they revised their plans and released the system early. The removed it as a key feature from this expansion and made it a few of the previous expansion. Shit changes.

So, you don't have to do Legion content to unlock BfA content. You have to do Legion content to unlock .... Legion content. Shocking how that works?

Quote Originally Posted by Thagrynor View Post
    The removed it as a key feature from this expansion and made it a few of the previous expansion.
    No, they didn't.
    Looking for Raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Miow View Post
    It's illogical.

WoW is such a big game and by now, an old game, new expansions gives us a soft "reset", as just about everything from the previous expansion becomes irrelevant to the new one.
    BFA is now live and Legion shouldn't have anything to do with those races anymore.
    And yes all of the Allied races are BFA content as it requires the BFA expansion to play them.
    Lot of words just to say "I want freebies".

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    I think the comparison made in a post above fits quite well:
    Replace "Allied Race" with any other reward-term (say "Mount"), and it would be obviously ridiculous to everyone. You wouldn't expect to be handed a mount from a previous expansion without doing the work, just because you want to ride it.
    Find me a single example of a mount that requires a grind in one expansion, and requires the purchase of a completely different expansion. Then, maybe, you'll have a point.

But until then, this is a false equivalency and only goes to show you have a misplaced view on the matter of Allied Race requirements from the get-go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogalicus View Post
    If you are too lazy to clear 21 tiers of raids, you don't deserve to clear T22 anyway.
    T1-21 = tmog only and serve no current content purpose. T22 = current content.

You really need to work on your analogies. Take 10 seconds to think over your argument to see if you are making sense so you don't post garbage.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Go grind all 21 tiers of raids to get greens in BfA, because you don't deserve better gear by just skipping content.
    Seeing as BFA raids aren't locked behind previous tiers of content, your little joke doesn't work. Besides, I've done all 21 tiers of raiding content so it's kind of a moot point even if were a valid analogy of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    T1-21 = tmog only and serve no purpose. T22 = current content.
    Yes, because lazy whiners like you asked for freebies. If they didn't nerf the living shit out of content the moment the next one comes out, game could have had way more things to do.
    Looking for Raid.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    A new expansion launched > Returning player likes to play a void elf > He can't, he needs to return to legion content and grind = wtf ?
    The content was released in Legion and requires Legion rep. Don't cry on the forums ppl don't really care since we all did it. FYI it takes no time doing the quest chains and then world quests every day. Get 120 drop back add this to your farm content and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    Seeing as BFA raids aren't locked behind previous tiers of content, your little joke doesn't work. Besides, I've done all 21 tiers of raiding content so it's kind of a moot point even if were a valid analogy of the situation.
    See above. Blizzard is not consistent with how much time different systems require and power progression is actually the worst case of it despite being focus of the game.
    Looking for Raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanesia View Post
    They are Legion factions and earned through playing Legion content [...] Void elves [...] have absolutely nothing to do whatsoever with battle for Azeroth.
    That's... one hundred percent untrue. Void Elves literally don't exist during the events of Legion. They only spring into reality AFTER the events on Argus, when Alleria comes back home to Azeroth.

To claim that Void Elves are Legion content, that they are a Legion race... is literally just lying. In fact, ALL of the Allied Races, canonically, join their respective factions AFTER the events of Legion. You know... right at the start of Battle for Azeroth?

While we're on the subject of Void Elves... they have absolutely NOTHING to do with their rep grind. You befriend a bunch of wrinkly old mutants hiding in some caves on an alien planet... help a single High Elf become WoW's latest demigod... and somehow that qualifies you to represent your faction and recruit some traitors from the OTHER faction?

Void Elves are the ultimate proof that the rep requirements have nothing to do with anything are were just cynically bolted on in order to pad out the game's run time every little second that Blizzard can.

And here we have Blizzard, themselves, on their very storefront... using the "Legion content" to sell a completely different expansion.

Fancy that.

"battle-for-azeroth/features/allied-races", for the tragically slow, means that the Allied Races are - by the creator's very own definition - FEATURES OF BATTLE FOR AZEROTH.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Fuck it, wish they would buff legacy raids to current tier difficulty just to fuck over people like OP who can only find nourishment in easy freebies.

15+ Year Old Account
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ba...s/allied-races

All allied races are a BFA feature, clearly advertised as a new feature! Doing a preorder only gave pre-access to them, still makes it BFA content.

I grinded my ass off during the last weeks of legion to get Void Elfs unlocked. But I wouldn't mind if they removed the rep lock for others, makes no senses keeping people locked in Legion content. Just complete the (main)storyline. (That is almost no effort.)
    Last edited by shade3891; 2018-08-16 at 06:31 PM.

A new expansion launched > Returning player likes to play a void elf > He can't, he needs to return to legion content and grind = wtf ?
    Well it is YOUR fault for not subbing earlier and getting it in 20 days. That's just fucking retarded. It was your fault, and now you gotta pay for it, or simply play a different race.

Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    Well it is YOUR fault for not subbing earlier and getting it in 20 days. That's just fucking retarded. It was your fault, and now you gotta pay for it, or simply play a different race.
    You mean I can just throw cash at this issue?
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, its bullshit.

Everyone who defend that shit should just stop being hypocrites. Put himself into the shoes of those who are new to WoW or didnt play for a few years and ask yourself, do you want to grind the shitass black and green Argus reputation knowing that in the next room people are enjoy playing Zandalar or KulTiras juicy content.

Old allied races are basically for a few tryhards now. A 3+ weeks of countless farm to get one of 6 allied races. Its almost sucidal to try and get Nighborns. Do all the campaign without flying, yeah.

Fuck this shit hard.

p.s. thanks god i got all six races for myself a couple month ago.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    No it not and you have it completely wrong! It's like buying a new car, and you only get the car and not the keys, you have to drive your old car from Europe to Asia to get the keys.

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ba...s/allied-races

All allied races are a BFA feature, clearly advertised as a new feature! Doing a preorder only gave pre-access to them, still makes it BFA content.

I grinded my ass off during the last weeks of legion to get Void Elfs unlocked. But I wouldn't mind if they removed the rep lock for others, makes no senses keeping people locked in Legion content. Just complete the (main)storyline. (That is almost no effort.)
    Yep.

I unlocked all Allied Races months before BFA launch. Just doing stuff (boring shit which was content currently).
    Would not mind if people could unlock them for 1 bronze coin.

The only people who are damaged by this decision (reputation requirements) are new players (yes, better fuck them and say they dont deserve anything, im sure they stick around) and returning players (yes, fuck them also, who need those rats, they didnt stick with us, they dont deserve anything). Hell, maxing reputation in Legion for any faction was not even the smartest use of somebody play time (same with the world quests chest) because those reps didnt give anything, other than tabard and couple outdated shit. Mounts were locked behing grind and rng lootbox. Only Argussian Reach got shit together.

So yeah, good job Blizzard. Gonna pump those hours played numbers.