Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    How big of a thread can we make over like 3 tweets?

Quote Originally Posted by Howeller View Post
    So is gravity important to take into perspective, and is this article a pretty trash attempt at partisan politics?
    It is trash. But I also think the same thing of CNN taking one tweet and saying it "normalized racism" in America.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    How big of a thread can we make over like 3 tweets?
    Want to start a challenge?

Fun fact: Since i said i was right, Algy doesn't want to be my friend anymore, i think she is afraid i support the end of the pokeball social security.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    It is trash. But I also think the same thing of CNN taking one tweet and saying it "normalized racism" in America.
    Well the two are pretty abhorrent.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Yes it actually is a marginal opinion. Trump voters are largely considered uneducated and stupid, not evil.
    Which still isn't a valid political argument. It's like saying "Hillary voters are largely welfare losers".

Because the statement is aimed at people and not the policy idea it inherently says nothing about how to make governance decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle View Post
    Want to start a challenge?

Fun fact: Since i said i was right, Algy doesn't want to be my friend anymore, i think she is afraid i support the end of the pokeball social security.
    Honestly while I would love to trade some funny stuff with you, I don't want to get hit by an infraction for spam/off topic even though the original post is a complete and utter load of crap that is hard to even take serious. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Honestly while I would love to trade some funny stuff with you, I don't want to get hit by an infraction for spam/off topic even though the original post is a complete and utter load of crap that is hard to even take serious. xD
    You're right, we should make a proper thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Harvey View Post

"Queer Eye" star Johnathan Van Ness was forced to defend himself against fans who were upset with the hair guru's message of trying to bridge the gap between Democrats and Republicans in today's polarized political climate.

"Not all republicans are racist. Just like not all [democrats] are evil, we have to stop demonizing eachother (sic)," Van Ness tweeted to his nearly half-a-million followers.

But the 31-year-old drew the line at Trump adding, "Unless you’re actually racist then you suck, Trump is Racist - not all his voters are necessarily we gotta remember we are all in this together."

The breakout star from the new Netflix series was met with uproar from his fan base who called Van Ness' tweet "the worst political advice ever."

"I couldn’t disagree more with your stance. That’s like saying not all Nazis hated Jews and Gays. Unfortunately we’ve socially tipped past the point of ‘compromise’. Especially with a Party that has absolutely no interest in it," one user wrote.

"No they are. All republicans perpetuate institutionalised racism," someone else wrote.

Another added, "... i really admire you, but we're not all in this together. if we were, trump would never be in office. republicans don't want to compromise. they don't care about us. they never have."

The liberal star spoke out against the backlash saying that it's this type of attitude that is preventing the country from getting to "a place of mutual understanding."

"Also if you’re upset at a tweet I made leave gurl bai! Being able to compromise is what’s missing from both sides of the American political situation & the sooner we all get to a place of mutual understanding the sooner we will get out of this mess," Van Ness tweeted.

He also shared a video of himself further explaining his tweet.

"Left people are not necessarily inherently evil and right people are not necessarily inherently evil and our ability to notice gray area and to notice what compromise means and how much compromise has led us to where we are is important."

He added, "We have to be able to not demonize the right."

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...re-racist.html

How dare he have a fair minded opinion!
    Lol..you make post about a gay guy saying not all republicans are X....then you start the thread with a title : All left are x about x.....man kinda shooting yourself in the foot here.

Next time type: sjw or extreme left.

The right are all fascist scums and are literally nazis! They should all die!

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    The right are all fascist scums and are literally nazis! They should all die!
    I think i will reconsider my politic opinions then

7+ Year Old Account
    Although your comparison isn't even logical or accurate but whatevs
    So it's okay to generalize Trump voters as dumb but it's not okay to generalize Hillary voters as low income lazy people?

7+ Year Old Account
    Why are you trying to twist my words dude? I don't give a rat's ass who and why you generalize anybody, all I'm saying is at least make sense when you do it, or is that asking too much?
    You're saying one generalization makes sense and the other doesn't. Which is wrong.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Don't forget, Fox News is 'fair and balanced'! Not at all conservative propaganda.

Every time I hear, "Yeah, CNN is really biased, but Fox News is really good." I give a little internal sigh and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    So a couple people disagree with him politely, and you think this warrants a thread?

Jesus wept.
    We used to have threads about people asking how to tell their love interest that they're interested in them. This, my friend, is a clear step up from the pits of nonsense.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Don't forget, Fox News is 'fair and balanced'! Not at all conservative propaganda.

Every time I hear, "Yeah, CNN is really biased, but Fox News is really good." I give a little internal sigh and move on.
    I welcome you to find me a post of me even sarcastically saying Fox News is a good entertainment channel.

It's funny how you MUST love Fox News and Infowars if you say anything negative about a group that's not them.

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Pot meet kettle.
    Give it time. Someone will be racist on Twitter again and he'll do another harsh 180.

He is a part of a show that tells the world that gay people are shallow and into fashion and we worry about what party he prefers? The guy is a tool.

Imagine a show where black people teach white people how to dance or fry chicken and a point is being made that they are good at it because they are black. That is the exact premise of Queer Eye for The Straight Guy... or what ever it is called.

7+ Year Old Account
    At least a third of Trumps voter base is considered low income, so yea, try a different insult/tactic.

Maybe try using the word ''welfare'' I hear that thrown a lot
    A percentage of Hillary voters are dumb, uneducated, and have low IQ. Does that mean it's okay to generalize them as dumb?

If you're going by averages then Hillary voters represent most people making under $30k and $30-49k. Where as most voters $50k-$250k are Trump voters.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    So a couple people disagree with him politely, and you think this warrants a thread?

Jesus wept.
    Calling a massive group inherently racist is a horrible (read: not polite) thing to say. Also, this behavior has become the norm, I'm a moderate liberal and every time I suggest compromise I become the eye of a shitstorm.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    I welcome you to find me a post of me even sarcastically saying Fox News is a good entertainment channel.

It's funny how you MUST love Fox News and Infowars if you say anything negative about a group that's not them.
    ...who are you and why are you quoting me? I didn't quote you, nor was I talking about you. You're also not the OP. I am confused as to why you think I said those things. I didn't even mention Infowars, for example, or you...