Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyWayneRuddick View Post
    Yeah except we're not talking about an item. We're talking about a race that was sold as BFA content.

Theres only so many races and they start locking them behind rep walls so you have to create a character to grind out the ability to create the character you intend to play. Its an outdated concept in gaming for a reason and i'd be impressed if you can give me an example where it works
    The race wasn't sold as BFA content. The abilty to unlock them was sold as bfa content...and guess what you got?

Quote Originally Posted by Checkt View Post
    The race wasn't sold as BFA content. The abilty to unlock them was sold as bfa content...and guess what you got?
    well you cant unlock them in BFA either so is that really your point?

So is this a new repeat thread? Everyone that comes back for BFA is going to dust off their mmo-champ account to be the brilliant mind that 'finally' points out the rep requirement for allied races in legion content?

Quote Originally Posted by Zegi View Post
    And you are even defending this stupid idea, post bfa launch?
    I think it is reasonable because it rewards having played Legion. I would loosen but not remove some of the restrictions come 9.0

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    you have an avatar of jaina, the daughter of the sea, with a title of „Bloodsail Admiral“. i like the irony in that
    Ty, I kinda dig it too. ^.^

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephakay View Post
    The issue is the misleading advertisement. The allied races required BFA purchase and where the main selling point of the expansion.
    I have unlocked all 4 but I still think it was wrong to lock a key feature of a new expansion behind old content.
    It’s really not about getting good or wanting things for nothing, it’s about false advertising.
    Honestly the should have locked them all behind BFA rep grind instead. Having to work for it is a good thing, but keep the grind to the content it’s advertised as part of.
    This is the best argument against the rep gating there is - and it would be ironclad *IF* there weren't more races coming. But there are, which means 'a main feature that was sold as part of the xpac' will be....a main feature of the xpac.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BillyWayneRuddick View Post
    well you cant unlock them in BFA either so is that really your point?
    Really? Then who wants to buy my account, since i've apparently done the impossible and unlocked them!

15+ Year Old Account
    I personally have all the allied races (and always will).

But, I understand that to those with allied races unlocked already, equality can seem like injustice.

Personally, I think this is all a moot point. I mean if you want the race you can grind it out in a week using the right guide and some alts helping. I don't think this is unreasonable.
    Here is something to believe in!

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSyn View Post

But, I understand that to those with allied races unlocked already, equality can seem like injustice.

Personally, I think this is all a moot point. I mean if you want the race you can grind it out in a week using the right guide and some alts helping. I don't think this is unreasonable.
    yeah because new players have alts at legion level /s

Keeping them gated was a stupid decision from Blizzard. It's advertised as the first big feature in the BFA page and no new person who looks at that page will know that the races are locked behind a month of grinding.

Hope they change

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephakay View Post
    The issue is the misleading advertisement. The allied races required BFA purchase and where the main selling point of the expansion.
    I have unlocked all 4 but I still think it was wrong to lock a key feature of a new expansion behind old content.
    It’s really not about getting good or wanting things for nothing, it’s about false advertising.
    Honestly the should have locked them all behind BFA rep grind instead. Having to work for it is a good thing, but keep the grind to the content it’s advertised as part of.
    What about the Demon Hunter class?

They were advertised as one of the key features of the Legion expansion, and yet you have to have a level 70 character on a server (only achieved via "grinding old content") before you can create one.

The same sort of rules applied to Death Knights when they were released.

Deleted
    You mean to say that the very page of BFA, https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/battle-for-azeroth, says stuff that isn't actually meant to be bfa content? If you want to you can start saying that same thing about everything on the page.
    "Explore the stony peaks of Tiragarde Sound" sure exploring it is bfa. But questing there? That's not part of bfa itself.

What about "Head to the frontlines and take part in a large-scale 20-player cooperative Warfront to claim a key strategic location. Build up your faction’s forces, lead the charge as your troops lay siege to the objective, and battle the enemy commanders as they make their last stand in this new PvE mode inspired by classic Warcraft RTS battles."
    Well the first part says about heading there. But then you build up your factions' forces. Is that talking about Garrison from WoD after all? Maybe we're going back to Draenor here? Guess we won't know until we see it.

You know how stupid these sound?

"BUY NOW
    BEGIN YOUR JOURNEY TO RECRUIT NEW PLAYABLE ALLIED RACES"
    They are obviously saying even the journey to new playable races is part of bfa. Oh but it isn't.. Who knows what any of those earlier sentences mean either.. Maybe we actually do go to our garrison in WoD for the Warfront?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Learn the Value of time, you want something earn it... Money can't solve all solution. You don't like that you can't play the 1st 4 Allied races without unlocking them... don't play the game.
    So when Blizzard inevitably removes the restriction. Will YOU stop playing the game?

People are allowed to have complaints. If we used your response to everything. We'd be sitting in Garrisons, struggling to kill mobs because every spell would be on the GCD, not even able to hit the level cap because the 60-80 mobs are invincible.

Fucking ridiculous.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mokapse View Post
    You mean to say that the very page of BFA, https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/battle-for-azeroth, says stuff that isn't actually meant to be bfa content? If you want to you can start saying that same thing about everything on the page.
    "Explore the stony peaks of Tiragarde Sound" sure exploring it is bfa. But questing there? That's not part of bfa itself.

What about "Head to the frontlines and take part in a large-scale 20-player cooperative Warfront to claim a key strategic location. Build up your faction’s forces, lead the charge as your troops lay siege to the objective, and battle the enemy commanders as they make their last stand in this new PvE mode inspired by classic Warcraft RTS battles."
    Well the first part says about heading there. But then you build up your factions' forces. Is that talking about Garrison from WoD after all? Maybe we're going back to Draenor here? Guess we won't know until we see it.

You know how stupid these sound?

"BUY NOW
    BEGIN YOUR JOURNEY TO RECRUIT NEW PLAYABLE ALLIED RACES"
    They are obviously saying even the journey to new playable races is part of bfa. Oh but it isn't.. Who knows what any of those earlier sentences mean either.. Maybe we actually do go to our garrison in WoD for the Warfront?
    Word? What old content will you be doing for Kul'Tirans...or the trolls? or dark iron? or Mag'har?

Eventually you people are going to realize how stupid you sound....

Can't wait for Classic to release so all the people that defend this dumb idea can fuck off and circle jerk there instead of defending an obviously stupid decision with somehow even more stupid logic.

"heh, players these days dont even know what grind IS! Back in my day we had to farm 500 different mobs for soul shards and then carry them up hill into blackrock mountain and then tightrope a chain over lava while being CC and damage trained by the opposing faction!"

advice for new players. If you're unsure what you what to play thats ok, you'll probably want to level a toon though - any toon to 110 it doesnt matter and then grind old world quest systems and unlock the allied races from legion.

Then you have more options and can decide then gl hf

meanwhile any other game on the market ff14...poe...warframe you can start building towards the character/style you wanna play straight away.
    Last edited by RobertoCarlos; 2018-08-16 at 10:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mavfin View Post
    It's a reward for playing. If you don't want to do the rep, you don't need the allied races. The purely BFA races take rep grinds as well.

Whine some more!
    There's a pretty blatant difference between playing BFA to unlock BFA content. And playing legacy expansions to unlock BFA content.

I'll assume you knew that already, and you're just making the point to be argumentative, or simply because you dare not say something Blizzard made is bad. Seeming as it's far better than being so dumb that you can't see the issue in paying $40 for new content, only to be forced back to free content.

Im giving you the benefit of the doubt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Triptych View Post
    What about the Demon Hunter class?

They were advertised as one of the key features of the Legion expansion, and yet you have to have a level 70 character on a server (only achieved via "grinding old content") before you can create one.

The same sort of rules applied to Death Knights when they were released.
    The demon hunter then was level 100 was it? Death knight too at 55. For demon hunter you could even use your free boost, then immediately start with one. Here you use your boost to 110. Do the old content for a few weeks. Now you level from 20 to 110 since only one boost. Then you can finally start with bfa.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSyn View Post

Nope. Suramar and the Argus reps are heavily time gated. It takes closer to a month.

Deleted
    Word? What old content will you be doing for Kul'Tirans...or the trolls? or dark iron? or Mag'har?

Eventually you people are going to realize how stupid you sound....
    Kul'Tirans have been there for ages. Weren't they there at the old Dalaran? Dark iron has been there since the days of vanilla as well, at searing gorge. There even is the Thorium Brotherhood already which is related to Dark Iron dwarves. Zandalari Trolls have been in the game for years and years too. This is nothing new.
    You know the Void Elves? In this thread there already was an explanation how they have nothing to do in Legion either. A stray lone Void Elf leads that faction of no-voiders. But that is the reputation you need.

There is a lot of possibilities. Maybe Dark Iron needs you to go play through Searing Gorge again? Return tons of old mats to them for reputation. No one said it needs to be in bfa right?

Deleted
    I understand both sides, really. I played Legion and worked to get the reputations to exalted, and I hated every minute of trying to get Argussian Reach to exalted, but I did because I'm a stubborn person and new races are pretty.

On the other hand, new players get completely shafted by this, besides, the wording that Battle for Azeroth would unlock allied races was misleading. Imagine buying the game and having to play Legion for weeks just to unlock a new race that starts at level 20... and you have to reguarly level it to max level to play with it or throw 50€ at your screen.

I don't know, I have all four races unlocked and while I'm kind of proud of having done it, my pride (or me feeling special, really) doesn't come first. New players are important too.