Poll: Which horde city should the Alliance Conquer

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The game's story should stop pandering to what's 'fair', and focus on good writing.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Silvermoon makes the most sense both story wise and lore wise. Won't happen tho, the horde bias in wow has become a meme. Every expansion except maybe wotlk has been nothing but a horde homage fest.

I kind of understand why Blizz has to do it. I mean, horde is such a shitty faction to play aesthetic wise, so they need to give them the most love, the better racials, make them story centric just to get players to play them.

Let them assault Silvermoon, so the elves put their entire kingdom to the torch evacuating the population and have Alleria stand in nothing but ashes and ruins of what she wanted to protect the most.

While her name becomes a curse similar to Dar'khan for most thalassians.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    this faction bias is gone to far blizzard! this is your last warning!

Also, comparing theramore to a main horde city LUL

of course you would want silvermoon though, not unexpected
    Can you say HAND WAVING!

Well Theramore wasn't small...but guess being a Hordie you wouldn't know...and Teldrassil was more than a city...it is a whole zone, not to mention more land was lost.

But you know...same thing can be said about the Horde...comparing losing Taurajo to Theramore...turnabout is fair play?

This is a "Silvermoon should become Alliance!" thread in disguise, isn't it? Great, another High Elf beg thread.

Imagine thinking Theramore is equal in weight to Silvermoon lmaooooo

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    comparing losing Taurajo to Theramore...turnabout is fair play?
    You can't honestly expect this to hold up. Those two are side off areas that nobody cares about. Stop reaching.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiahz View Post
    didn’t the Alliance commander at Taurajo order his men to let the civilians flee though with those that actually died dying from crossfire, I read that even Baine acknowledges this, and the fact that the camp has been used to recruit and equip Horde troops. I feel like this is always brought up as a reason to justify the Horde actually ordered to kill civilians/fleeing civilians.
    What happened was Stormwind pressed prisoners from the Stockades into military service for the campaign in Southern Barrens. The ex-cons broke ranks and pillaged Taurajo after it was destroyed. Alliance Players are tasked with subduing and arresting the rogue soldiers by force. Horde Players take them out and also kill the Alliance General. The Horde don't know the details and obviously wouldn't care at that point so...yeah.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Look, Silvermoon would make the most sense and is realistic, but due to logistical reasons that is not gonna happen (it's on the TBC map). I'd be happy with just having Gilneas back as a full scale city though.
    I didnt add Gilneas becuase Kezan is also lost, hoever notice how goblins got a full city in Bilgewater Harbour while Worgen goþ the base of a tree.

That would make alliance 3 cities down if you consider the harbour town Megan's replacement, but Kezan is coming back this expansion, I fully expect the goblins to reclaim it, just like Worgen will get Gilneas back. So Gilneas city really just cancels out Bilgewater Harbour.

Look, Silvermoon would make the most sense and is realistic
    Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    Silvermoon makes the most sense both story wise and lore wise.
    [citation needed]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I didnt add Gilneas becuase Kezan is also lost, hoever notice how goblins got a full city in Bilgewater Harbour while Worgen goþ the base of a tree.

That would make alliance 3 cities down if you consider the harbour town Megan's replacement, but Kezan is coming back this expansion, I fully expect the goblins to reclaim it, just like Worgen will get Gilneas back. So Gilneas city really just cancels out Bilgewater Harbour.
    It is true that the goblins have a full zone in Azshara while the Gilneans don't. I wouldn't call that balanced indeed.

The level of entitlement by posters on these forums is amazing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    [citation needed]
    It's the last horde city in the mainland and can be easily conquered by using a void tear to the sunwell with Alleria. Silvermoon is an easy target.

Your citation, is the nightborn AR scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by redfinale View Post
    I wouldn't count Theramore simply on the grounds that it isn't a capital. Horde lost ONE capital city with the Undercity and Alliance lost Darnassus. Besides, Alliance may have lost Theramore, but Horde lost Camp Taurajo too, so that would make the count 2-2
    Not that camp Taurajo is anywhere near The remote, but let's overlook the blatant inequality of city vs camp.

How do you explain 3 out 4 horde allied races getting homes, while only 2/4 alliance once. In which case I would take Suramar from the nightborne and give it to the night elves making both factions have 2/4 allied races with homes.

Night elves move into Suramar, get 1 of the elven cities,Forsaken Undead move into ruins of TheramoreCity which their faction destroyed in MoP. Therefore makes up for Camp Turajo

It's the last horde city in the mainland and can be easily conquered by using a void tear to the sunwell with Alleria. Silvermoon is an easy target.

Doesn't mean it makes sense to conquer Silvermoon. Lor'themar is Horde and so is the vast majority of the Blood Elves. All Alleria would be doing is wasting her time causing the deaths of her people in an incessant manner. So what if she manages to capture it? The Blood Elves would just leave.

Besides, Anduin wouldn't want that. He'd attack Undercity (which he did) and then Orgrimmar at the most. He gains nothing by attacking Thunder Bluff or Silvermoon.

Under the assumption that she can get in there easily, void powers are nothing new to the races of Azeroth, each time the old gods got involved so was void magic, much of the twilight hammer uses void magic. The assumption that the void is an instant I win button is utterly ridiculous.

It is true that the goblins have a full zone in Azshara while the Gilneans don't. I wouldn't call that balanced indeed.
    Off, it has never been balanced, the horde bias continues to grow, and this off is fine with the horde players, always beating thenalliance more, now they get the Night elf empire city, the troll empire city, and the high elf kingdom city too, all the best things, made to look like victors even when they are defeated, and when they attack the alliance written to totally decimate them.

Bliźard couldn't bear to give alliance Pandaren and horde Mogu, so they made them neutral, too good for the alliance to have something nicer

Deleted
    Doesn't mean it makes sense to conquer Silvermoon. Lor'themar is Horde and so is the vast majority of the Blood Elves. All Alleria would be doing is wasting her time causing the deaths of her people in an incessant manner. So what if she manages to capture it? The Blood Elves would just leave.

Besides, Anduin wouldn't want that. He'd attack Undercity (which he did) and then Orgrimmar at the most. He gains nothing by attacking Thunder Bluff or Silvermoon.
    Citation needed that Anduin won't attack Silvermoon.

Taking out Silvermoon means there is no danger in the homefront when attacking Kalimdor or the Broken Isles or Zandalar. It is of vital strategic importance. Same reason Sylvanas attacked Teldrassil really.
    But, that portal is bigger than lore.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Off, it has never been balanced, the horde bias continues to grow, and this off is fine with the horde players, always beating thenalliance more, now they get the Night elf empire city, the troll empire city, and the high elf kingdom city too, all the best things, made to look like victors even when they are defeated, and when they attack the alliance written to totally decimate them.

Bliźard couldn't bear to give alliance Pandaren and horde Mogu, so they made them neutral, too good for the alliance to have something nicer
    ahahahahahaahahahahahha

I knew this was just a High Elf whine thread
    Common sense. BC zones out of phase with the rest of the map.

Taking out Silvermoon means there is no danger in the homefront when attacking Kalimdor or the Broken Isles or Zandalar. It is of vital strategic importance. Same reason Sylvanas attacked Teldrassil really.
    This is such a fucking massive reach. A point in EK is vital for Kalimdor? Seriously?

Also, no. Sylvanas attacked Teldrassil so the Alliance would fracture. This will not have the same effect. The Blood Elves will never go Alliance, no matter how much you whine for it.
    Last edited by Goldielocks; 2018-08-17 at 03:11 AM.

But, that portal is bigger than lore.
    It is actually because he won't sack the city, otherwise Alleria would have his hide and to keep the population pacified troops need to be stationed there, especially skilled magi to keep a magical population under control.

The most logical would be to go after the Tauren, due to Baine they are most likely to submit and not cause trouble, then the Alliance has the heart of Kalimdor and one of the horde bread baskets, giving them the ability to slowly starve out Orgrimmar and after that is done the horde has not much of a choice to surrender.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2018-08-17 at 03:18 AM.

Silvermoon. It would be an easy target because the blood elves would totally surrender rather than give up their supply of hair spray and nail polish. Easy victory for alliance.

[citation needed]
    What citation would you like that would satisfy you?

Silvermoon and the blood elfs joining the horde never made any sense right from the beginning. When I played WC2 all those years ago the alliance had elf archers and the horde had troll axe throwers. It is universally accepted as fact that elfs were shoehorned into the horde because Blizz was worried about faction imbalance due to the horde not having a 'sexy' class to play.