Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Why would a casual worry about how the Azerite system works though? Farming rep, leveling professions or doing island expeditions/warfronts/dungeons/raids on casual difficulties hardly warrants this much brainstorming from a casual standpoint.
    Its almost like Casual doesn't mean lazy.

Maybe some people who play casually still want to min/max as much as they can in the time they got to play and not doing so will exclude them from groups to do the content you listed.

Casual doesn't mean lazy... #TheMoreYouKnow.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I'm about as casual as it gets, averaging about an hour a day since launch. I'm casually questing and it's been fun so far. Seems pretty friendly.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    I'm about as casual as it gets, averaging about an hour a day since launch. I'm casually questing and it's been fun so far. Seems pretty friendly.
    Seeing how your not 120 and we are talking about things at 120, Then ya I can see how you would feel that way.

The leveling experience is fine, Its what happens after that blows.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Yeah some classes are "fine" but not a single one is great and pretty much every one is worse than it was previously.
    Bullshit. The only thing my main lost was the artifact click ability and it feels better now than it did, and that's saying something because usually at the start of an expansion pre-raid gear the classes feel pretty bad compared to the previous expansion. Everyone in my guild is enjoying their class and looking forward to raiding. The only complaining I've heard is from shadow priest because their rotation isn't as fluid as it used to be.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

The casual playerbase is probably where most of the money is for Blizzard, so it is to be expected that they are also the target of most timesinks, RNG and endless horizontal progression. They are also notoriously quiet and tolerant, so really it is no surprise that they are continuing and building upon their brazen reward structures from Legion. And at the end of the day if the player is happy and unaware, is it really all that bad for Blizzard to capitalize on such low hanging fruit?

What is casual anyway.

If you define casual as somebody that will willingly do the most uninsteresting thing (like how you get the all important neck piece) over and over without complaint. Then why bother when you defined them as dirt.

There are casual who raid, mostly likely tag on to hardcore guild's "casual Sunday H/N raids". Please don't tell me your hard core guild has no casual in it that raid N/H with you.

There are more than enough casual who does M+ (of course not now, but at least some of them surely will), hack, it is almost a casual thing for the weekly reward.

Or if you ever tag on a guild raid and remotely tried to do reasonable dps for your item level, or you dare to do m+ few times a week, you are no longer casual????
    Last edited by gobio; 2018-08-17 at 03:59 AM.

This doesn't really make sense to me. I stopped reading after you said "dungeons require CC", which falls back to the really stupid fallacy that casuals = bad players. This game has what is most likely an insane amount of casual players who are ex-raiders.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmtiger304 View Post
    I guess the OP liked WoD and Legion, where you got handed epics to you on a silver platter.
    To be honest I didn't like WoD or Legion.

My favorite two expansions are WotLK and BC. WotlK was considered the casual expansion while BC was considered a hardcore expansion. Cata ended up between WotLK and BC in terms of casual/hardcore balance.

But even in BC a casual player didn't feel left out of progression and WotLK did everything they could to entice casual players. However, BFA seems like a huge step back for casual players.

While I understand the need to make PVE more interesting with harder trash mobs and mechanics. It can't be really justified when combined with the pruning that has taken place the last three expansions.

For example, Rogues in BC all three specs had utility poisons, Gouge, Expose Armor, etc. Rogues in WotLK saw the introduction of Dismantle and FoK. Those expansions not only progressed classes but added utility that was useful for casual and hardcore players for PVE and PVP content.

With BFA needing more CC for dungeons it feels bad for 2/3 of Rogue specs to be missing Gouge. Had it not been for player outcry in Legion 2/3 of Rogue specs would be missing Blind or Hunters missing traps.'

I mean if Blizz wants the game to be hardcore again they need to unprune class utility and increase the rewards for time spent in harder content.

Only thing I really dislike so far as a semi casual player is this stupid necklace. It is such a time gate time sinking boring system, legion weapon al though you had a similar situation there at lest it did lock you out of upgrades. If I want to use stupid garbage world quest 310 gear I have to grind my necklace level out more .. knew I would hate this system when it was announced..

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    This doesn't really make sense to me. I stopped reading after you said "dungeons require CC", which falls back to the really stupid fallacy that casuals = bad players. This game has what is most likely an insane amount of casual players who are ex-raiders.
    I do not think casual players are bad or think that was insinuated in my post but apologies if that was interpreted in that way. With that said what I did point out is that PVE has been pruned three expansions and without CC to work with whether a casual is an ex raider or a new player it is rough in BFA anyway you look at it.

With enough gear you don't really have to CC as much which hardcore players can overcome obviously. But I think it is too early in the expansion cycle to force a feast or famine feeling in endgame content all because of gear IMVHO.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    5. I'll agree with you here. Azerite armor feels pretty dull, and the heart of Azeroth is a real slog compared to Artifact weapons.
    It's going to geel that way when you have only had leveling pieces. And I would hardly call it a slog as I am up to level 10 and it felt like the levels flew by so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmtiger304 View Post
    I guess the OP liked WoD and Legion, where you got handed epics to you on a silver platter.
    Why hand them epics in the first place and create the expectation? Or is everything just the players fault?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah some classes are "fine" but not a single one is great and pretty much every one is worse than it was previously.
    I like how you pose your opinion as fact.

Sometimes it seems that many here hate casual players ("mouthbreathers" anyone), so if Blizz can shed a large number of casual players then wouldn't that be a good thing?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    It's going to geel that way when you have only had leveling pieces. And I would hardly call it a slog as I am up to level 10 and it felt like the levels flew by so far.
    Wait until you get to 12+ It really really slows down.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

Not sure how getting azerite is slow... Ive seen plenty of posts saying there were at level 5ish after hitting 120. I just hit level 114 and my neck is level 9.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    I like how you say things are especially bad for shamans, and that world quests are basically impossible until 320, and my lil sub 300 shaman ass can do them just fine. Drama queen much?
    i was doing even the 300k hp rares at 280 as a demo lock, it was rough, but doable, now at 322 they are just laughable.
    i can solo all world quests except the big 1.3 mils.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Zergin8r View Post
    Not sure how getting azerite is slow... Ive seen plenty of posts saying there were at level 5ish after hitting 120. I just hit level 114 and my neck is level 9.
    Wait until your 12+ and you need like 8K+ azerite per level. That's when it starts to slow down a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Wait until you get to 12+ It really really slows down.
    That will also change as the weeks go by and the azerite requirements for each level goes down. Not too concerned about it.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I’d say hunters feel great and way better then they did previously.