Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Alliances first full fledged victory (SPOILERS)

So with the new cinematic out (which despite finishing the jaina questline I never got to see, siege of boralus quest bugged out and didnt require me to do it, so there's that, I wonder if it plays at the end of the dungeon) it's clear the kul'tirans and alliance get a full fledged victory.

The alliance get kul'tirans to join them after the fleet returns home, and people might say the horde got a full victory with the zandalar, but the zandalar finale was a hollow one at best.

Sure they got their kingdom back, but only after they failed to stop the opening of Uldir, and now the horde inhabits a zandalar whose bloodline is indebted to the loa of death.

For the first time this xpac, the alliance have a no strings attached victory and instead the horde have a very hollow victory, Uldir opens and the zandalar are not truly their own, technically if Bwonsamdi wanted them to turn against the horde they could.

Jaina, someone super close to Anduin also becomes Lord Admiral of Kul'Tiras.

Anyone else feel this way?

Deleted
    Truth be told I'm 100% of with Bwonsamdi becoming leader of the Horde. His fun and an actual god.

OT: it does seem like the Horde has a less firm grip of their new ally. And while we know that G'huun will die (since his a raid boss etc) we don't know what it might cost the Horde (assuming they canonically kill him). This sets up alot of potential plotlines for the Horde so I'm actually on board with it. Also nice to see the Allaince have something they can be firmly proud of.
    Last edited by mmoc8d6f890807; 2018-08-16 at 08:36 PM.

I don't really see a problem w/ Bwom.

Plenty of Darkspear trolls have been following him for ages now, literally all shadow hunters are his followers, they make a deal w/ him to become a shadow hunter. Souls of everyone they kill are sent to Bwom. And Bwom was Vol'jin's loa.

So having Bwom's followers in the Horde is nothing new.
    Last edited by ls-; 2018-08-16 at 08:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    Truth be told I'm 100% of with Bwonsamdi becoming leader of the Horde. His fun and an actual god.
    Even he'd be better than her, he is a god...he doesn't need to be paranoid the living are out to get him!

Really don’t see it this way. We are talking about one small island nation and an empire who’s forces were once considered a threat to both Alliance and the Horde. It actually made sense to nerf Zandalari a little before letting them pick a side.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Even he'd be better than her, he is a god...he doesn't need to be paranoid the living are out to get him!
    So long as Horde keep killing he stays happy. Probably give each race alot more independence then old 'all will bow to me in life or in death' bitch. it's wins all round.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    So long as Horde keep killing he stays happy. Probably give each race alot more independence then old 'all will bow to me in life or in death' bitch. it's wins all round.
    Least he'd care about them being alive and providing tribute...to her the Horde is just one big meat shield. She couldn't care how many die as long as it isn't her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Pffff. Horde gets bwonsamdi and vulpera and you call that alliance victory ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Pffff. Horde gets bwonsamdi and vulpera and you call that alliance victory ?
    Many did not want vulpera on either side.

Vulp going horde means alliance has a chance to get a non-furry. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post

Like another breed of human for instance ?

Since we know azshara is coming, i wouldn't say kul tirans have any form of victory now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    And you think that'll stop the Alliance from crying about Horde favoritism?

The Alliance usually wins when it's not fighting the Horde.

It's only against the Horde specifically that it either loses, or achieves a pyrrhic victory that still feels like they lost (such as Lordaeron).

That hasn't changed. Ashvane isn't Horde, so of course the Alliance was going to beat her. Blizzard still has yet to give the Alliance a total victory over the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    Really don’t see it this way. We are talking about one small island nation and an empire who’s forces were once considered a threat to both Alliance and the Horde. It actually made sense to nerf Zandalari a little before letting them pick a side.
    If anything, the opposite is true.

The Zandalari got hit hard by the Cataclysm and then spent years launching unsuccessful, costly campaigns around Azeroth.

They should be in far worse shape than Kul'Tiras, who have been isolated since WC3.

Yeah, the Alliance is in a much stronger position. Ashvane is imprisoned, Gorak Tul and his witches are defeated, and the Tidesages are reformed after the death of Lord Stormsong. Jaina is made Lord Admiral, finally at peace with Katherine, and Tandred returned with the fleet to boot.

The Zandalari had a coup from their leading council, lost Rezan, Dazar'alor was assaulted by Zul and Mythrax, and G'huun is now free in Uldir. On top of that, Rastakhan and Talanji are now bound to a trickster-type loa whose intentions are not quite clear yet.

It's hard to overstate how weak the Zandalari are and how strong the Kul Tirans are at this moment. I think with all this, 8.1 has a real Alliance victory in the war campaign to counteract the loss of Teldrassil and their hollow victory at Lordaeron. The Alliance has the fleet they needed and the organizational will to do something with it compared to the scattered Zandalari.
    Last edited by McCulloch; 2018-08-16 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LordSothe View Post
    If anything, the opposite is true.

The Zandalari got hit hard by the Cataclysm and then spent years launching unsuccessful, costly campaigns around Azeroth.

They should be in far worse shape than Kul'Tiras, who have been isolated since WC3.
    The only actual fight they were a part of was Throne of Thunder and it was confirmed to be a small part of their navy involved, nothing more. Other then that they mostly used other tribes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    he also hates undeath, as written about him in wowpedia, since undeath prevents the souls of the dead coming to his domain.
    #boycottchina

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    And you think that'll stop the Alliance from crying about Horde favoritism?
    nothing will stop that
    especially this expansion
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Question, do the horde or not decimate much of the fleet in their war campaign? I know the alliance do set up the Zandalar fleet for similar.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    nothing will stop that
    especially this expansion
    If Legion couldn’t, nothing would, yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post

Do scalies count as non-furries?