Thread: Expeditions

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Expeditions

What is the point of expedition?

The azerite gain is terrible for the time asked.

Unless you finished every single WQ, there is no need to do them.

Or am I missing something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Too bad there are no naval fights between your fleet and the enemy's.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, i was surprised the rewards sucks so much, especially since even Easy bots are really tryhards and gave us the challenge.
    I was definitely impressed by AI. Its good.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    What is the point of expedition?

The azerite gain is terrible for the time asked.

Unless you finished every single WQ, there is no need to do them.

Or am I missing something?
    I think there is a weekly reward you grind towards with the azerite you gather from the islands. I was kind of looking forward to the pvp one but apparently you cannot solo queue so screw it.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think it is supposed to be there to be some form of variation in the different forms of content that you do, like a supplement to dungeons and raids instead of a replacement or a competitor.

The only reason you should do them is for the MASSIVE Azerite bonus for completling a specific number of expeditions or because you like the challenge.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

There is a weekly quest to complete 5 for 2500 azerite. Other than that they are shit. I mean 15-20 min for 300 azerite? Who balanced this, wq take like 3 min and offer similar rewards.

Yeah, thought so.

Screw that then.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalera View Post
    There is a weekly quest to complete 5 for 2500 azerite. Other than that they are shit. I mean 15-20 min for 300 azerite? Who balanced this, wq take like 3 min and offer similar rewards.
    Where's that quest, I don't think I've seen it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The7 View Post
    its at flinn and on the table, when you go to que look at the top, there is a bar that fills, 40,000, you can lose and still get your credit, and if you go over (lets say are at 5990 and get 100) you will get that extra added

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Specialka View Post
    Yeah, thought so.

Screw that then.
    just do the weekly "collect 40,000" after that you are not really meant to farm it like AP, you can get it, but your not supposed to grind it
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by cantbunnybanthis View Post
    The rewards excluding the weekly are rather poor. But what really bothers me is that they're just so incredibly unfun.
    Actually, it reminded me of grinding coins in Timeless Isle. Some people really enjoyed that, I certainly didn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The7 View Post
    You get it automatically every week. You don't see it in your quest log but you can see the reward bar on the Expeditions queue screen.

Deleted
    Queued, played for like 5 minutes, and then left. They're slow paced and nothing that can be called fun. AP farm .. bleh.

Deleted
    If they made Island expiditions solely for a weekly reward the basic design is incredibly flawed. I've done a couple of them and I still cannot figure out why I did them. They reward absolutely NOTHING.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    just do the weekly "collect 40,000" after that you are not really meant to farm it like AP, you can get it, but your not supposed to grind it
    Are you saying this is content Blizzard doesn't want anyone to like, but just do for the weekly reward and not touch at all beyond that? I know you like to vehemently defend Blizzard, but this is ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
    If they made Island expiditions solely for a weekly reward the basic design is incredibly flawed. I've done a couple of them and I still cannot figure out why I did them. They reward absolutely NOTHING.
    Yep. If they reduced hp and damage of all mobs by half and doubled the reward, it still wouldn't be too lucrative.

Expeditions feel absolutely awful in every single aspect. They're horribly boring and the rewards are shit. Needs to see drastic change or it will become completely dead content.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Are you saying this is content Blizzard doesn't want anyone to like, but just do for the weekly reward and not touch at all beyond that? I know you like to vehemently defend Blizzard, but this is ridiculous.

- - - Updated - - -

Yep. If they reduced hp and damage of all mobs by half and doubled the reward, it still wouldn't be too lucrative.
    people like it, me for example, but if your only after azerite and dislike it, just get your 40,000 then your done dont need to do it anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucius View Post
    Not only aren't they fun but they seem.. unfinished. Lack of rewards is gonna kill it the same exact way as MoP scenarios

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atirador View Post
    Not only aren't they fun but they seem.. unfinished. Lack of rewards is gonna kill it the same exact way as MoP scenarios
    Lack of tank/healer also kills it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Lack of tank/healer also kills it.
    That’s not true. All the groups I was in that actually won were triple dps. Hell I went in as a tank for one of them and the 2 that qued together asked me to go dps. Definitely doable and imo even easier if all 3 dps are good.

I personally enjoy the expeditions but I don’t do more than what’s required for the weekly. Might do some mythic ones at some point for fun but not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Where have you been the last couple of years? This has been WoW's design philosophy at least since WoD, when Mr. Hazzikostas took over. No repeatable activity aside from raiding (and now m+) is allowed to be even moderately rewarding for anybody, because they don't want raiders to feel "forced" to do anything in order to "keep up".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mingarrubia View Post
    Where have you been the last couple of years? This has been WoW's design philosophy at least since WoD, when Mr. Hazzikostas took over. No repeatable activity aside from raiding (and now m+) is allowed to be even moderately rewarding for anybody, because they don't want raiders to feel "forced" to do anything in order to "keep up".
    Recruit the arch Elitist Jerks virgin himself as lead dev and this is what you get. Raiding raiding raiding and "managed" "fun" for everyone else.