Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    you need 16-18 AP level to unlock the first trait on the 340 armor, which means you basically cant equip them until you get to that level.

even though I beat content, the rewards it gave arent usable.
    Sounds like you rushed it pretty hard and now paying for it. I'm level 116 and hit Level 11 pretty easily.

Deleted
    The AP system clearly isn't designed for people who step into mythic dungeons on day 3 of the expansion, who tend to be a minority.
    Not everything is going to be always balanced (to revolve) around you.

Quote Originally Posted by Noirlama View Post
    It's like some poeple in here can't even read. Wtf is it with this forum?
    That's exactly what the OP is whining about.

Deleted
    Nobody should even own an epic 1st week of an expansion, fudge off!

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    As a fresh 120 with a +10Neck,..
    With respect, that sounds like you rushed your way to 120 and skipped a lot of content.

I'm 116 and by doing the quests, sending my minions out on AP missions as well as killing any rares I come across, I already have a +11 neck. I would imagine it'll be 13 or 14 when I ding 120 this weekend.

From the sounds of it, the devs set Mythic drops up on the assumption that you had completed the three zone quests (and ending dungeons, on normal), as well as the various war campaign quests and perhaps a mission a day on your mission table. I don't think that's terribly unreasonable, TBH, they expected you to have played most of the game rather than skipped half of it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sexy Milf Jaina View Post
    He has already earned it, why shouldn't he be able to use it?
    he can use it just not to it's fullest potential, it's like saying I beat the end boss of a raid why wasn't my concordance of the legion fall upgraded to max?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    he can use it just not to it's fullest potential, it's like saying I beat the end boss of a raid why wasn't my concordance of the legion fall upgraded to max?
    He can't use it because it's not an upgrade right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    The AP system clearly isn't designed for people who step into mythic dungeons on day 3 of the expansion, who tend to be a minority.
    Not everything is going to be always balanced (to revolve) around you.

That's exactly what the OP is whining about.
    this maybe - but it is retarded system when you need crazy amount of ap for relatively easy content.

i doubt anoyine would complain for like hc raid or mythic + azerite gear but for a stupid mythic 0 ?

like come on .

its clearly designed this way to force people into daily WQ grind for ap. nothing else. and most casual people (who dont plan to go above normal/hc raids ) would rather level up an alt then grind it when everybody knows that ap catch ups are coming.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Retron View Post
    With respect, that sounds like you rushed your way to 120 and skipped a lot of content.

I'm 116 and by doing the quests, sending my minions out on AP missions as well as killing any rares I come across, I already have a +11 neck. I would imagine it'll be 13 or 14 when I ding 120 this weekend.

From the sounds of it, the devs set Mythic drops up on the assumption that you had completed the three zone quests (and ending dungeons, on normal), as well as the various war campaign quests and perhaps a mission a day on your mission table. I don't think that's terribly unreasonable, TBH, they expected you to have played most of the game rather than skipped half of it!
    clearly you have no clue how much ap is needed for traits 17-18 so pls stop embarasing yourself. you woudl have to send your "missions " for 3-4 months to farm 1 level there.
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2018-08-17 at 07:16 AM.

Deleted
    Small indie company.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

clearly you have no clue how much ap is needed for traits 17-18 so pls stop embarasing yourself. you woudl have to send your "missions " for 3-4 months to farm 1 level there.
    Strangely enough, I mentioned 14, not "17-18". As for the missions, they get me around 300 AP a day (and this will increase of course each week as the equivalent of Artifact Knowledge kicks in). The rest comes from actually playing the game rather than skipping stuff.

The only person embarrassing themselves is you, sadly, as you didn't actually read my post.

(I also know that by the time I do mythics, in a week or so, it'll be easier to get to 17 or 18 anyway.)

15+ Year Old Account
    My neck is +12 already and I'm only 119. We're not even a week into the expansion.

Since the innermost ring is just an ilvl boost, you don't need to worry about that one.

Heroic Dungeon Azerite Gear needs +17 to get 2/3, Mythic Dungeon Azerite Gear needs +20 to get 2/4. And 2/4 on Mythic gear should be stronger than 2/3 on Heroic. Honestly 1/4 on most Mythic Gear should be fine because you're only losing minor defensive traits like Gemhide.

Obviously it's a flaw with tying two progression systems together like this, but AP likely won't be an issue after the first couple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Retron View Post
    Strangely enough, I mentioned 14, not "17-18". As for the missions, they get me around 300 AP a day (and this will increase of course each week as the equivalent of Artifact Knowledge kicks in). The rest comes from actually playing the game rather than skipping stuff.

The only person embarrassing themselves is you, sadly, as you didn't actually read my post.

(I also know that by the time I do mythics, in a week or so, it'll be easier to get to 17 or 18 anyway.)
    and mythic 0 is 16-18 . so how is your 14 relevant to discussion ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    My neck is +12 already and I'm only 119. We're not even a week into the expansion.

Since the innermost ring is just an ilvl boost, you don't need to worry about that one.

Heroic Dungeon Azerite Gear needs +17 to get 2/3, Mythic Dungeon Azerite Gear needs +20 to get 2/4. And 2/4 on Mythic gear should be stronger than 2/3 on Heroic. Honestly 1/4 on most Mythic Gear should be fine because you're only losing minor defensive traits like Gemhide.

Obviously it's a flaw with tying two progression systems together like this, but AP likely won't be an issue after the first couple weeks.
    thing is system is super stupid because those are the traits that you may want for early progression in them - who cares about them in a month when people will be zerging the instance but in early days ? those could be difference between wipe and not.

imo like 17-18 level on neck should be enough for 3/3 traits from mythic 0 .

this would give people real incentive to farm up in early weeks - how it is now most of players simply will ignore farming ap because as you said those are minor gains for enormous amount of effort
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2018-08-17 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Sounds like you rushed it pretty hard and now paying for it. I'm level 116 and hit Level 11 pretty easily.
    why do moderators feel the need to post when they have no clue what they're talking about.

my neck is level 16. i've done mythic dungeons, i've done expedition this week and i'm out of quests, so i need to farm 13,500 AP (to get to 17) from world quests which give me 150-250 AP per, or farm heroic dungeons where i get max 200-250 AP per dungeon. you need your neck between 16-18 to unlock the initial trait of mythic 0 items (16 helm, 17 shoulders, 18 chest).

fucking stupid system.

OP is 100% right, it's dumb that for some specs they would prefer to wear a 325 item over a 340 version because of the initial trait - EVEN if it's the same item.

your neck item level needs to be level 22/23/24 for mythic uldir, otherwise you are likely going to be forced to not equip mythic uldir azerite armour pieces because the initial trait from heroic uldir pieces will make that armour better. when was the last time you were unable to equip a mythic tier cloak because your heroic tier cloak (the exact same item) was better? fucking never.
    Last edited by Floopa; 2018-08-17 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr chub View Post
    Explain how it is wrong. When has a heroic item been better then a mythic version of the same item?
    you obviously missed the last 2 expansions it seems.

1/4 to half of our raids items were not only better from HC, but also from weekly chest, Emerald Nightmare raid (trinkets) or other sources. you REALLY missed Legion, lol. otherwise i have really no glue how you came to that statememt.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2018-08-17 at 09:07 AM.

congrats

now all you need is another ~80k AP to hit 18

with the average world quest giving about 150-200

I'Ll guess I'll be seeing you.... never?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    So, you are unwilling to use a piece of gear that gives you sigificant upgrades to your main stats simply because you aren't handed your traits? That seems to be a you problem, not a game problem.
    yes, I'M unwilling to use an item that will make me lose ~300 dps

yeah im so dumb

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    you obviously missed the last 2 expansions it seems.

1/4 to half of our raids items were not only better from HC, but also from weekly chest, Emerald Nightmare raid (trinkets) or other sources. you REALLY missed Legion, lol. otherwise i have really no glue how you came to that statememt.

if you mean titanforging then its not the same

titanforging turns a HC item into a mythic item for any purpose other than transmog, it doesnt count.
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2018-08-17 at 12:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    mythic dungeons are the same ilvl as normal uldir. if you seriously expect to have that kind of power level before the raid is even out you are going to have a bad time lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    ur comment makes no sense.....it was available and he did it.
    And he got the item. He didn't have enough resources to make it worth it. Because he rushed the game.

I would expect more from a mod but this is MMOC.

So let us know when your 13+ and level 120 doing endgame content because you clearly don't understand the massive slowdown on AP and the issue at hand. So tired of people like you trying to use the same lame ass excuse "So you rushed it" when you don't have a fucken clue on what you are talking about.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I would expect more from a mod but this is MMOC.

So let us know when your 13+ and level 120 doing endgame content because you clearly don't understand the massive slowdown on AP and the issue at hand. So tired of people like you trying to use the same lame ass excuse "So you rushed it" when you don't have a fucken clue on what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    why do moderators feel the need to post when they have no clue what they're talking about.

my neck is level 16. i've done mythic dungeons, i've done expedition this week and i'm out of quests, so i need to farm 13,500 AP (to get to 17) from world quests which give me 150-250 AP per, or farm heroic dungeons where i get max 200-250 AP per dungeon. you need your neck between 16-18 to unlock the initial trait of mythic 0 items (16 helm, 17 shoulders, 18 chest).

fucking stupid system.

OP is 100% right, it's dumb that for some specs they would prefer to wear a 325 item over a 340 version because of the initial trait - EVEN if it's the same item.

your neck item level needs to be level 22/23/24 for mythic uldir, otherwise you are likely going to be forced to not equip mythic uldir azerite armour pieces because the initial trait from heroic uldir pieces will make that armour better. when was the last time you were unable to equip a mythic tier cloak because your heroic tier cloak (the exact same item) was better? fucking never.
    Except let's see I leveled 8 characters on beta, one of each armor type on both factions. I have a pretty good idea of how the mechanics work and what you need. You are still overexaggerating how badly it is. We are now officially 3.5 days into so there isn't much to complain about and yes, you rushed it. Complain when it hits reset day and you aren't on it.

You need 22/23/24 for Mythic Uldir? Good thing we have 2.5 weeks to get there.

congrats

now all you need is another ~80k AP to hit 18

with the average world quest giving about 150-200

I'Ll guess I'll be seeing you.... never?
    This right here proves you know nothing about the system. It only takes 46,640 to go from Level 1 to Level 18. Only from 1-20 does it need 80,860. Try looking up some factual data before spewing incorrect numbers and try to make your point look better.

On top of all this each week there is a stacking "Artifact Knowledge" where it reduces the amount of Azerite Power needed for each level.

Level 22-24 for Mythic Raiding (As someone mentioned is no where near as bad as they make it out to be either. This table shows the required amounts to go from 1-X during each week and how the Artifact Knowledge reduces what you need.

Week 2
    (Next Week)
    Week 3
    (Uldir opens)
    Week 4
    (Mythic Uldir)
    Level 22 32,790 25,200 19,400
    Level 23 42,630 32,790 25,220
    Level 24 55,420 42,630 32,790
    Total 1-24 237,020 182,300 140,250

While Week 4's Level 1-24 value is the equivalent Week 1/2's Level 22 it still not that bad. Stop complaining, go back to all the zones and finish up all quests as there are decent chunks at the end of some lines. There are multiple sources of Azerite you just have to actually go do them.

You have the following:

• 2500 Azerite from your For the Horde/Alliance Island Expedition Weekly
    • 700 for each rare item you find in an expedition (14,000 total)
    • Mythic Island/PvP Island wins are 300
    • Heroic is 225
    • Normal is 175
    • When they open up you can get up to 6,250 from Warfront weeklies
    • Mythic Dungeon Bosses give 35
    • Mythic Final Dungeon Boss gives 150
    • Heroic First Time is 300
    • Heroic Dungeon Completion is 150
    • Heroic Final Boss is 90
    • Heroic Bosses are 35
    • Normal First-Time is 125
    • Normal Final is 30
    • PvP First Time wwin is 151
    • Random BG Win is 76
    • Random Epic BG is 301
    • Mission Tables are 65-400

That's not including Quests, World Quests, etc. Hitting the Level 18 requirement can be pretty easy. Yeah, it's grindy the first week and that's the point. If you want to level too fast then you have to suffer the pain that comes with it. Either way you can still hit 18 in the first week pretty easily.

Deleted
    except

I could use the artifact weapons

I'd be fine if I couldnt unlock the 2nd or 3rd or 4th trait right away

but not even being able to equip it is just BS

so dont compare it to artifact

it grew gradually it didnt have these huge cockblocks.
    do you know you dont have to equip them? even if some cases it might be an upgrade just because of the int/str/agi increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    mythic dungeons are the same ilvl as normal uldir. if you seriously expect to have that kind of power level before the raid is even out you are going to have a bad time lol.
    Why make it available, so it looks good in your bags?

I have the same issue, shit system.