Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Nah mate.

RDM and SAM were unlock in Uldah which was an ARR zone. Needed a 50 in a job and that was it and they started at 50. So if you were new you could choose one of the two new jobs at 50 if you fancied a change.

However you do have to own Stormblood. As while they were unlocked in ARR zones they were expansion jobs.
    Ahh, my bad then. It's been quite a while since I've played SB. Reminds me that I need to log in soon before I lose my house haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone View Post
    Fuck you. Stop white knighting Blizzard for shitty design.
    Honestly anyone complaining has only themselves to blame. When BfA was annonced you had months to know if you wanted to play the game or not and read into how Allied Races worked. If you decided to only buy the expansion when it went live then thats on you! If a returning player really cared they would have resubbed for end of Legion and got it.

New customers, yeah I get it but still you're going to be to starey eyed at BfA Content and its going to have to be a secondary priority.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

Here's my biggest gripe with allied races, specifically the alliance ones.

THEY ARE TIMEGATED AND THE HORDE ONES ARE NOT.

That's it. Pure and simple. Suramar is fully unlocked and you can get to exalted from doing the questline alone in a single sitting. Highmountain tauren are also possible to unlock in a single sitting because there's a dungeon boss you can solo for 250 rep per kill. The alliance races are gated behind world quests that now serve no point in being gated. I 100% understand WHY they were gated at the time content was current. It was to keep people playing during the drought between expansions. That's 100% fine. But now that BfA is out and we're already working another WQ grind to unlock other races (and no one is complaining about that one, are they?) there's no reason to hide the factions behind legion content now that it's not relevant. This isn't like flying, where the logic behind the time gates (which you can bypass now for the most part, or do maybe 3-4 days of dailies TOPS for legion) was that you needed to see and experience all the content had to offer before they allowed you to "skip past it" so to speak. That logic 100% does not hold up for argus reps. If you've unlocked the achievements and done the main questline, there's literally NOTHING new to experience by doing the exact same dailies every day for a month straight - minimum.

This can be taken one of two ways, either the horde is favored by blizzard which is why their allied races are so easy to get, or that the horde races aren't as good as the alliance ones, and they just hand them to you for free because they suck.

No one is complaining about having to work for the races, people are complaining that they have to work by blizzard's timetable, not their own. If there was even a single viable farming option to unlock these races without having to do world quests, pay ~$2000 USD for 33 lv110 boosts to exploit the BoA rep tokens, or pray to RNGesus that you somehow get the bop token for 1k rep that has a lower drop rate than mimiron's head off of at least 21 rares that you can only try for once a day, I guarantee you that people would do that instead and not complain. Have some boss in a dungeon like the highmountain? People would do it. Make mobs on Argus give 1-2 rep per kill? People would do it. Have WQs auto pop as soon as you clear out the zone? People would do them.

But as it is now, we're basically at the mercy of blizzard who refuses to acknowledge or change how these two races are unlocked, and have to deal with a bunch of salty asshats saying that it shouldn't be nerfed/made easier to obtain for new/returning players because they had to do it when it was current content. And to all of those who take that stance, I say that you aren't allowed ease of access to old content either then. Want to go farm Mimiron's head or get some cool transmog gear from a raid or dungeon that's not current? Your player and item levels should be nerfed the second you zone in to that instance/dungeon, your trinket and armor abilites/procs/uses are disabled unless the gear is from that expansion, and you need to look for a group to do it. Who cares if you want to have easy access to old content? People who played when it was current had to go through all that hassle, so why not you? Oh and just to make the entire experience more authentic, personal loot is disabled and it's 100% the need/greed system with no ability to trade the items to other players after you got it, because it's not fair to everyone else who had to deal with the old loot system. So basically timewalking but with none of the benefits because "BACK IN MY DAY...!"
    Originally Posted by Zorbrix
    Have you checked pages 1014 through 1034?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    OT: I still believe Blizzard will do something about this. Either remove the requirements or give you ways to farm old rep in BfA zones.
    Change requirements and show everybody who already got through them the finger? for sure...

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    People told me when i made the threads "Why is this even important?"
    And i told them it was because this would happen

@Zegi
    Here is a small thread where the majority believed Allied races are in fact BfA content (as i believe)

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...A-quot-Content
    What you "believe" doesn't matter one bit. What does matter is the fact that the four allied races were all legion content, they were all legion races and they all require legion related achievements. None of those four races have anything to do with bfa aside from the fact that yes, you could unlock them earlier if you bought the game before launch. Just like you could with the demon hunter if you bought legion before launch, but since the demon hunter had fuck-all to do with WoD, it wasn't a WoD feature.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpio9 View Post
    Change requirements and show everybody who already got through them the finger? for sure...
    They can always say:

"The grind was for early access"

And get away with it.
    Because it makes more sense than the current situation to new players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    It was a reward for Playing Legion Content... so... YES.
    No it wasn't. Allied races were always advertised as being part of BFA and early access was granted to people who pre-purchased.

I can understand why people are annoyed about it-- it's not just a few quests, it's potentially weeks of grinding for someone who hasn't played, depending on how lucky they get with emissary quests.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    So a new or returning player had to level to the content before the current expansion, and then grind that expansion, in order to unlock new races, so that they can create another character and then level that old content again, before they can enjoy the content of the latest expansion. And this is considered okay?

That's just idiotic.
    Just like a retning player would need to grind for a rep mount from an expansion they skipped

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    What you "believe" doesn't matter one bit. What does matter is the fact that the four allied races were all legion content, they were all legion races and they all require legion related achievements. None of those four races have anything to do with bfa aside from the fact that yes, you could unlock them earlier if you bought the game before launch. Just like you could with the demon hunter if you bought legion before launch, but since the demon hunter had fuck-all to do with WoD, it wasn't a WoD feature.
    Wait...you dont have to own BfA to have access to allied races anymore?

Deleted
    I am still baffled by this. The new expansion released. I want to play as the new race. But I can't. I have to play as some other character for few weeks first until I unlock them. Then start leveling from level 20.

I know allied races are just to sell race change, but then why do you need to LEVEL to 120 to get the heritage armor? It makes 0 sense.

15+ Year Old Account
    They can always say:

"The grind was for early access"
    And get away with it.
    Because it makes more sense than the current situation to new players.
    Or they can say, "we are a business and we want you to spend as much time on useless/old content so we can profit more."

But yes lifting it would make sense, if they say the rep requirement was for early access only to make sure you spent enough time inside Legion content.

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    I am still baffled by this. The new expansion released. I want to play as the new race. But I can't. I have to play as some other character for few weeks first until I unlock them. Then start leveling from level 20.

I know allied races are just to sell race change, but then why do you need to LEVEL to 120 to get the heritage armor? It makes 0 sense.
    I 100% agree with the gating of a transmog set behind leveling a character. I do not agree with having two of the four legion unlocks be timegated. Blizzard says that the heritage armor is for "the most dedicated players of that race", and want to have the armor be a symbol of your dedication by showing that you leveled up an alt legit without paying to win. Once the race is unlocked for you, the only person stopping you from getting that armor is yourself, not blizzard saying "Whoa there buddy, you've already gotten two levels today! You're unlocking the content too fast! You can still play and experience the content available to you at your current level, but you're going to need to wait another 24 hours before you can level up again."
    Originally Posted by Zorbrix
    Have you checked pages 1014 through 1034?

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    These allied races are already recruited. You see Alleria in the very first BFA quest battle for lordaeron. You see the nightfallen open up portals for the horde in the intro quests. Logically it makes no sense that players are now required to somehow go back in time and gain reputation as if these allied races are complete strangers.

It makes sense for these 4 allied races to be immediately playable upon purchase of BFA.
    Many words just to say "I want freebies".

Quote Originally Posted by Starbbug View Post
    I have my face palm memes all ready for the shit storm that will take place from said snowflakes having to get attuned for raids or not be showered in free epics!
    That will be an amazing time to be alive.
    Zul'Jin died for our sins.
    --
    My Loa are smiling at me infidel. can you say the same?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Many words just to say "I want freebies".
    No many words to ask: "Why are they not free yet?" The game/story clearly accepted them as part of their faction.

Quote Originally Posted by Nëgï View Post
    Here's my biggest gripe with allied races, specifically the alliance ones.

THEY ARE TIMEGATED AND THE HORDE ONES ARE NOT.
    Thank you for bringing long overdue actual arguments to the debate.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why people complain about rep grinds and shit locked behind reps: ever since WoW started stuff has been locked behind rep. whether it is storyline, daily quests or gear/mounts they have ALWAYS been locked behind rep. I can't speak for Vanilla but this has been the go since BC. so get used to it, cause it ain't changing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Checkt View Post
    Ahhh, this thread again.

You guys wouldn't of made it in the era of real grinding.
    Can't wait to see all those tears flowing on the forums when they launch classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Just like a retning player would need to grind for a rep mount from an expansion they skipped
    A mount is not a selling point of an expansion. Nor does it require you to level, grind, and then level again just to enjoy it.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    A mount is not a selling point of an expansion. Nor does it require you to level, grind, and then level again just to enjoy it.

Neither does an allied race. You do NOT need their heritage armor to "enjoy" them, at all.

But yeah you kinda do, say you played in Cataclysm, then skipped MoP, WoD and Legion and decided to come back for BFA. Now, you need to both level to actually go to Zandalar/Kul Tiras (since you'd be stuck at 85 because you quit in Cataclysm).
    Meanwhile, while leveling you discover that you absolutely love the Cloud Serpents from MoP, well you DID buy all the expansions that were released AFTER MoP, but since life is both cruel and unfair, that didn't remove the reputation requirement regarding the Cloud Serpent mounts, so you'd have to grind that rep all the way to Exalted to get yourself a Cloud Serpent.
    Last edited by Venziir; 2018-08-17 at 03:00 PM.