Page 24 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    why are people giving these assholes their business, I mean you order a cake and you get a court case instead? the snowflakes in that bakery should just pack it in and try a different profession. one that doesn't involve dealing with customers.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    You're okay with Discrimination?
    I remember a while ago and it is still valid that shop owners and restaurants etc have the right to refuse
    customers or serve customers. That is the right of ANY privately owned store/restaurant etc. If you do not
    like their policy then go shop elsewhere or go eat elsewhere, it is equally as much their right to chose to
    whom they wish to offer a service than it is for anyone else to chose their way of life.

NO-ONE has the right to force their way of life upon anyone and it is as much right for some other baker to
    give half off to homosexuals that it is for someone to refuse them at all, and usually when someone thinks they
    got a better idea to run a store, they open their own store and competition will grow.

So, instead of harassing this single baker, open their own bakery and offer their service. Instead of try to force
    someone to do something that goes against their religion.

It was wrong to treat homosexuals, black, yellow, brown, pink people any different, but I stand up for anyones
    right to act according to their faith, be it muslim stores not having pig or non-halal meat or be it christian bakers
    not wanting to serve homosexuals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Which is exactly why this is a thing to begin with. People fail to recognize a Christian's right to religion while bending over backwards to defend any other religious practice. You cannot pick and choose which ones you will allow them to freely follow and which you will not.
    Literally not happening. This is just a persecution complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    why are people giving these assholes their business, I mean you order a cake and you get a court case instead? the snowflakes in that bakery should just pack it in and try a different profession. one that doesn't involve dealing with customers.
    I suggest you go to a Muslim store and ask them to serve you meatballs or something from a pig. and when they do not
    you can scream and tell them to stop selling their halal meat to their customers. right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jotunhammer View Post
    I remember a while ago and it is still valid that shop owners and restaurants etc have the right to refuse
    customers or serve customers. That is the right of ANY privately owned store/restaurant etc.
    Public accommodations regulations pretty clearly state that it is not their right, in point of fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    Because they want to be treated like this. Why would you seek out someone that despises you instead of the forest of people that wouldn't be idiots?

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Nope. Just means the Human Rights Commission needs to do a good-faith analysis of his argument before dismissing it as a reasonable defense this time around. The issue wasn't their conclusion, but just that they didn't give his claim due consideration before ruling against it.

It's basically procedural, like if a police officer forgot to Mirandize a suspect before interrogation. That renders the interrogation inadmissible. It does not mean that they can't arrest the same guy later, Mirandize him properly, and interrogate him again and have it stick that time.

If the cake required the baker to depict a devil licking a dildo and that's one of the reasons he refused to make it, then the Human Rights Commission has to consider that and approve his refusing to make the cake.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    customers or serve customers. That is the right of ANY privately owned store/restaurant etc. If you do not
    like their policy then go shop elsewhere or go eat elsewhere, it is equally as much their right to chose to
    whom they wish to offer a service than it is for anyone else to chose their way of life.

NO-ONE has the right to force their way of life upon anyone and it is as much right for some other baker to
    give half off to homosexuals that it is for someone to refuse them at all, and usually when someone thinks they
    got a better idea to run a store, they open their own store and competition will grow.

So, instead of harassing this single baker, open their own bakery and offer their service. Instead of try to force
    someone to do something that goes against their religion.

It was wrong to treat homosexuals, black, yellow, brown, pink people any different, but I stand up for anyones
    right to act according to their faith, be it muslim stores not having pig or non-halal meat or be it christian bakers
    This bakery is a public accommodation by law, not a private business, and sexuality is a protected class in Colorado, which means strike two for your analysis.

You're being very Hypocritical.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Divorce is a sin, he makes cakes for divorced people.

Discrimination against anyone using the name of the lord is also a sin punishable by death

Why do christians convienitly like to leave out the discrimination in the name of the lord is a sin part? What the fuck happened to Jesus love the sinner and all that shit?
    he doesn't make cakes celebrating divorce however

you are mistaking disagreeing with an action or belief as disagreeing with a persons existence

Endus is doing the same thing

I suggest you go to a Muslim store and ask them to serve you meatballs or something from a pig. and when they do not
    you can scream and tell them to stop selling their halal meat to their customers. right?
    I wouldn't give them my business in that case either, so whats your point? /shooing motion

You're literally describing yourself being intolerant of gay people. That's homophobia. Yes, anything other than full acceptance qualifies. You know enough to know that being intolerant is "bad", but you lack the self-awareness to realize that you're being intolerant.

Which isn't a defense. It's just a blind refusal to accept responsibility for your own poor behaviour.
    Its almost like you need a definition class on some of the terms you toss around. Let me help you out there cupcake.

Phobia : an extreme or irrational fear of or aversion to something

Intolerant : not tolerant of views, beliefs, or behavior that differ from one's own.

When have I ever showed that I have an extreme fear of anything. This would be like not hugging a gay guy if you're straight. Or getting physically ill over it. I dislike gay acts like a dislike mayo or Brussel Sprouts. The shit is just gross to me. This doesn't mean Im on a life long journey to make sure mayo is never in my fridge (my wife loves it) or run in terror when I see a bag of Brussel Sprouts in the super market. Its just not for me. This doesn't mean I fear or am intolerant of anything.

Hell, I spent almost 4 hours in a gay club called Cirque down here in Corpus Christi because my ex girlfriends best friend had a birthday party there. Come on man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not comparable at all; I doubt that Muslim butcher serves pork in the first place.

If a Jewish guy walks into that Muslim-run butcher shop and the guy refuses to sell him anything because he's Jewish, you won't find anyone defending the Muslim in that case. That's what would be comparable.

Is that why airlines got sued over alcohol handling?

You're literally describing yourself being intolerant of gay people. That's homophobia. Yes, anything other than full acceptance qualifies. You know enough to know that being intolerant is "bad", but you lack the self-awareness to realize that you're being intolerant.

Which isn't a defense. It's just a blind refusal to accept responsibility for your own poor behaviour.
    Its almost like you need a definition class on some of the terms you toss around. Let me help you out there cupcake.

Intolerant : not tolerant of views, beliefs, or behavior that differ from one's own.

When have I ever showed that I have an extreme fear of anything. This would be like not hugging a gay guy if you're straight. Or getting physically ill over it. I dislike gay acts like a dislike mayo or Brussel Sprouts. The shit is just gross to me. This doesn't mean Im on a life long journey to make sure mayo is never in my fridge (my wife loves it) or run in terror when I see a bag of Brussel Sprouts in the super market. Its just not for me. This doesn't mean I fear or am intolerant of anything.

Hell, I spent almost 4 hours in a gay club called Cirque down here in Corpus Christi because my ex girlfriends best friend had a birthday party there. Come on man.

Yes, being a homophobe is bigotry.
    I'm transphobic, but not through bigotry. I have a mental illness that makes it difficult for me to deal with them.

Why is it that arachnophobia is someone who fears a spider, but homophobia is someone who hates gays ?

That's why we need to balance these rights ... the left and right bubbles need to escape their respective extremes and see some compromise.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

No, this case is proof of religious persecution.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonkaden View Post
    When have I ever showed that I have an extreme fear of anything.
    Yet you're Disgusted by Gays.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Some gays do just like some straight people do. Someone asked why I don't like homosexuality. Thats it. I don't dislike homosexuals. Im all for it. Date who you want , when you want, how you want. Fuck I care for? lol. Thats your life.

I love how you constantly devolve into insults. Like I said. The gay community is probably one of the most hateful communities out there and you just keep on proving my point. You aren't able to have a decent discussion without slinging insults around.
    What do you not like about homosexuality? you personally are not involved in sucking dicks and fucking guys are you, if not, what in the fuck is your problem?

The gay community is so hateful... because we make sure bigots who are trying to say they are bigots know they're bigots?

- - - Updated - - -

Do they already serve it is the question. Because if they do and they refuse to that is a different issue.

You are aware that phobia can be used in different ways right? Oleophobic means lack of affinity for oils.