Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soluna View Post
    Oh like best warrior? Best shaman? Best druid, hunter and rogue? Valeera, Malfurion and Thrall are some strong human representatives, damn!
    - yet blizzard doesn't use her in any "mission", she is just there
    - who are useless
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Oh like best warrior? Best shaman? Best druid, hunter and rogue? Valeera, Malfurion and Thrall are some strong human representatives, damn!
    Varian soloed Onyxia with only a sword in his hand and died after impaling a guant fel infused robot. Point me at a single warrior that was ever capable of anything similar. And before you bring up Brox, he had a magical axe. Varian, with his absolutely horrible OPness and sickening list of abilities could have killed the Legion by himself with that axe.
    Thankfully humans cannot be shaman... One single class that’s completely safe from them! Thank you, Blizzard!
    Best druid..? Well we are introduced to human druids and during Cata we had a human who could enter Emerald Dream with zero experience or training. He just had potential.
    Hunter? Tyrathan was a better shot then elite Shado Pan warriors and Vol’jin the shadow hunter.
    Name a class that humans can be and there would be a small army of human names that showed incredible POTENTIAL in it.

We just killed a titan. The realm of possibilities is open to all.

TBH that wouldnt be a bad ranking list to see. But id have to assume that people like Medivh, Khadgar and Jaina would be pretty damn high up on the list. I dont recall Thalyssra showing that much magical prowess, at least not in the suramar/balance of power questline.

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    - yet blizzard doesn't use her in any "mission", she is just there
    - who are useless
    More like, Thrall and Malfurion had their spotlight, and maybe its time for newer people to do something? And which Paladin exactly did anything important in the last 2 expansions that is a human? And don't say Turalyon or w/e his name is, cause then you are automatically a joke rofl. Demon Hunter representation with Illidan, Priest representation with Velen, Blood Elf Paladin representation with Lyadrin. But sure, go and keep saying that humans are on the spotlight and no one else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    Varian soloed Onyxia with only a sword in his hand and died after impaling a guant fel infused robot. Point me at a single warrior that was ever capable of anything similar. And before you bring up Brox, he had a magical axe. Varian, with his absolutely horrible OPness and sickening list of abilities could have killed the Legion by himself with that axe.
    Thankfully humans cannot be shaman... One single class that’s completely safe from them! Thank you, Blizzard!
    Best druid..? Well we are introduced to human druids and during Cata we had a human who could enter Emerald Dream with zero experience or training. He just had potential.
    Hunter? Tyrathan was a better shot then elite Shado Pan warriors and Vol’jin the shadow hunter.
    Name a class that humans can be and there would be a small army of human names that showed incredible POTENTIAL in it.
    Rofl, you compare Onyxia with what Brox went against? Are you out of your mind?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamuri View Post
    We just killed a titan. The realm of possibilities is open to all.
    Not to mention by now we're 'just adventurers' again, because the people of Kul Tiras and Zandalar are backwater bumpkins who haven't been keeping track of the MULTIPLE TIMES WE'VE SAVED THE WORLD. I understand we sacrificed our artifacts, which were huge fonts of power for us, but still! Where's the respect?

Rofl, you compare Onyxia with what Brox went against? Are you out of your mind?
    Absolutely not. If you reread what I wrote, I implied that Varian’s achievements are easily covered by Brox, but Brox haf a magical axe

Salty Feline Overlord Beerbill Society's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Varian was basically a demi-god, he was infused with Goldrin and struggled to control it's power.

Besides, we had to endure for a whole expansion green Jesus laser beam a lava lizard or Grommash splitting not one but two times Mannaroth in half, and nobody complain about orc potential

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely not. If you reread what I wrote, I implied that Varian’s achievements are easily covered by Brox, but Brox haf a magical axe
    And Varian had it's Shalamayne sword, it's such a powerful artefact that Anduin uses it today.

Spell checking and fun fact:

"Shalamayne is a legendary sword, the result of two elven blades, Shalla'tor and Ellemayne"
    Last edited by Beerbill Society; 2018-08-17 at 03:59 PM.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

"My name is Legion: for we are many." - Mark 5:9
    My characters :3

Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    oh dear blizzard..why? and how? Wasn't Thalyssra like second in power to Elisande herself? A 10k year + shal'dorei night elf, with extensive knowledge of the arcane that no one but kaldorei highborne could possibly know. How does Jaina get to be more powerful?

Thalyssra and the horde company meet Jaina in stormwind, and she says.. " we cannot stop her, RUN" - you mean someone of Thalyssra's calibre, surrounded by the Zandalari princess, the darkspear leader, the champion of the horde, and Nathanos - cannot stop Jaina?

I would understand if it was say a person like Mordant Evenshade - leader of the highborne or the Tirisfal Guardian, but Jaina should struggle against someone like Thalyssra - in that scene it was only Jaina, not even back up or support.

The way it should have gone was Thalyssra beating Jaina until Jaina gets some back up then we have to flee.

Yeh, she's human ofc, wanna bet if it was any other alliance race, they would have been put in the ground, it's like humans are godlike in wow.
    Medivh and Khadgar come to mind, natural magical infinity Trumps age. Sorry man, not sorry.

7+ Year Old Account
    More like, Thrall and Malfurion had their spotlight, and maybe its time for newer people to do something? And which Paladin exactly did anything important in the last 2 expansions that is a human? And don't say Turalyon or w/e his name is, cause then you are automatically a joke rofl. Demon Hunter representation with Illidan, Priest representation with Velen, Blood Elf Paladin representation with Lyadrin. But sure, go and keep saying that humans are on the spotlight and no one else.
    it's quite simple
    - when you have have as a player end up following a Human to victory regardless of being horde or alliance - but alliance players are more effected- ( icc - storm - SoO - Naxx - Dalaran - ashenvale - legion - Wod - undercity 1 - undercity 2 - Qiraj - Onyxia - wow comic - wow manga - WC1 - WC2 )
    you always see A human who lead/finish the object for you, even if he surrounded by XX super-powered individual, then yes they have the spot light
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

As an Alliance player, how and why did we put Thalyssra in prison? I didn't hear any mention of this in our questing experience.

I need to do this myself to get the full context, but it sounds like you're trying to escape Stormwind at that point, not see who is more powerful. If the party has a long confrontation with Jaina, it could result in soldiers and other powerful people catching up to them which could result in the Horde party's deaths or imprisonment.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerbill Society View Post
    And Varian had it's Shalamayne sword, it's such a powerful artefact that Anduin uses it today.

Spell checking and fun fact:

"Shalamayne is a legendary sword, the result of two elven blades, Shalla'tor and Ellemayne"
    The sword itself doesn’t have any serious showings of power. Easily parried by other weapons such as Gorehowl and Doomhammer.

10+ Year Old Account
    The sword itself doesn’t have any serious showings of power. Easily parried by other weapons such as Gorehowl and Doomhammer.
    And the same can be said about the Axe of Cenarius, it's just a wooden axe if you think about it, you can't even claim that Cenarius was such a powerful being that he could create a God weapon, (he was but not godlike powerfulz he was a demi-god after all) and he was killed by Grommash (orc potential lol).

Is not the weapon, it's how it was wielded.

Also Shalamayne was strong enough to open a fel Golem skull in half and apparently has some synergy with it's user power, like when Anduin used it's holy power to ressurection. I don't known anymore feats of it because I haven't read all of wolfheart and Varian comics but I'm sure there is more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Danvash View Post
    As an Alliance player, how and why did we put Thalyssra in prison? I didn't hear any mention of this in our questing experience.

I need to do this myself to get the full context, but it sounds like you're trying to escape Stormwind at that point, not see who is more powerful. If the party has a long confrontation with Jaina, it could result in soldiers and other powerful people catching up to them which could result in the Horde party's deaths or imprisonment.
    It's a Horde quest, they invaded Stormwind stockades to release a troll princess of Zindalari. It's mentioned when you are starting kul'tiras campaign in Alliance that when you were away horde broke her free and set fire in Stormwind and they even show a cinematic of her escape.

Thalyssra was with her rescuing party and says at some point they must run because they can't face 'her' (Jaina)
    Last edited by Beerbill Society; 2018-08-17 at 04:36 PM.

"... And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers, and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee." - Ezekiel 25:17

And the same can be said about the Axe of Cenarius, it's just a wooden axe if you think about it, you can't even claim that Cenarius was such a powerful being that he could create a God weapon, (he was but not godlike powerful) he was killed by Grommash (orc potential lol).

It managed to cut Sargeras, I doubt that it wouldn’t cut through steel of Gorehowl or Stone of Doomhammer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    And the same can be said about the Axe of Cenarius, it's just a wooden axe if you think about it, you can't even claim that Cenarius was such a powerful being that he could create a God weapon, (he was but not godlike powerful) he was killed by Grommash (orc potential lol).

The entire point of the Artifacts in Legion was, "It's the weapon".

10+ Year Old Account
    It managed to cut Sargeras, I doubt that it wouldn’t cut through steel of Gorehowl or Stone of Doomhammer.
    Do you have any evidence to back it up? Because it's purely speculation at this point without it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    The entire point of the Artifacts in Legion was, "It's the weapon".
    I don't agree, it's (imo) the synergy of the user with the weapon, I have done almost all weapon quests and many of those say specifically that your character connection with the weapon unlocked it's special powers.

Ashbringer for one is the living example of this, it's wasn't powerful enough in Darion's hand but was able to kill the Lich King in Tirion's, also I'm fairly sure it's Fiery skin says that player character potential unlocked it's full power.

I don't want to turn this in a fire weapon discussion but weapons don't kill people lol you need a wielder.
    Last edited by Beerbill Society; 2018-08-17 at 05:33 PM.

Why would Thalyssra even really be that strong? She's not great at fighting, and all she really did was do barrier magic. Additionally she relied on the power of the nightwell for the last 10k years. She's not a battle mage and she got even weaker after the destruction of the nightwell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Do you have any evidence to back it up? Because it's purely speculation at this point without it.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't agree, it's (imo) the synergy of the user with the weapon, I have done almost all weapon quests and many of those say specifically that your character connection with the weapon unlocked it's special powers.

Ashbringer for one is the living example of this, it's wasn't powerful enough in Darion's hand but was able to kill the Lich King in Tirion's, also I'm fairly sure it's Fiery skin says that player character potential unlocked it's full power.

I don't want to turn this in a fire weapon discussion but weapons don't kill people lol you need a wielder.
    You may be partly right, but I'd say that those weapons alone were super powerful. The difference between say, Tirion and us is that we actually go around doing a whoooole bunch of crap to empower those weapons, whereas he was just sitting on his laurels leading a faction. Same could be said for Thrall, sitting around in Orgrimmar instead of going out and fighting dragons and demons and such.

Sargeras has:
    “Invulnerability against mortal weapons, and limited immunity to immortal weapons (Broxigar's Axe of Cenarius was able to scratch him, but not to any great effect, while the powers of the Demon Soul had no effect)“

Axe of Cenarius description is:
    “Created using druidic magic, the axe was enchanted with a piece of Kalimdor's magic, making it light as a feather and stronger than any mortal-forged axe. It proved to be able to slice through any foe with ease.“

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    You may be partly right, but I'd say that those weapons alone were super powerful. The difference between say, Tirion and us is that we actually go around doing a whoooole bunch of crap to empower those weapons, whereas he was just sitting on his laurels leading a faction. Same could be said for Thrall, sitting around in Orgrimmar instead of going out and fighting dragons and demons and such.
    Those 'artifact' weapons had the potential to greatness, those guys were just lazy lol

- - - Updated - - -

Sargeras has:
    “Invulnerability against mortal weapons, and limited immunity to immortal weapons (Broxigar's Axe of Cenarius was able to scratch him, but not to any great effect, while the powers of the Demon Soul had no effect)“

Axe of Cenarius description is:
    “Created using druidic magic, the axe was enchanted with a piece of Kalimdor's magic, making it light as a feather and stronger than any mortal-forged axe. It proved to be able to slice through any foe with ease.“
    Doesn't proof that it could destroy Gorehowl or an artifact weapon like Doomhammer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    Why would Thalyssra even really be that strong? She's not great at fighting, and all she really did was do barrier magic. Additionally she relied on the power of the nightwell for the last 10k years. She's not a battle mage and she got even weaker after the destruction of the nightwell.
    And she was in rehab after years of substance abuse.