Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    From what I have seen so far BFA looks great, the zones are truly beautiful (although the Alliance side has a very Fable 2 feel to it) but I've not reached 120 and already I'm bored.

The expansion is great. You should try playing it instead of feeding off of each other's complaints on here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbywan View Post
    What's wrong with BFA? i feel like the content is on par with legion and definitely more than previous expansions
    Personally, for me, it's a question of value.

Warlords biggest problem was that there was a shortage of stuff to do, but also that said stuff just wasn't worth doing. You hit the level cap, grinded gear out of dungeons, and then... Well, that was largely it. Apexis Crystals weren't worth the effort of farming, there was no reputation content, world content was sparse and pointless, and the class design was poor.

Unfortunately, the first few days of Battle for Azeroth have some similarities in my view. There's more to be getting on with than in Warlords, most certainly, but the value of any of it is badly questionable. If you get decent Azerite gear, you're stuck with it unequipped because you haven't the level for the traits. If you've done your weekly expeditions, there's not THAT much point in doing island expeditions (which are extremely dull, anyway). When I log in tomorrow, it's a case of sorting out fucking mission table quests that should die in a fire and hoping that the flight points given by scouting reports get un-bugged.

I could grind out world quests and reputation, but the gear behind those grinds will likely be surpassed by LFR welfare.

It's not looking great out the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    You didn't play WoD.

There's a lot of backlash, but it's nowhere near as bad.
    ^this

Once people realized what WoD was, the forums were a dumpster fire for the rest of the expansion. All of it mainly started with the selfie cam patch that added basically nothing but a selfie cam. This prompted a ton of outrage, way more than you’re seeing now. It was so bad the “selfie cam patch” meme still floats around every once in awhile.

I’d give BFA time before I really make a judgement call. We have no idea what the future for BfA looks like which is the opposite of how legion went. We knew about nighthold and suramar before legion released. We know about nothing past Uldir for BfA.

I despise the GCD change a ton especially when combined with the bad stat scaling (super low haste) which just slows down everything. However I’m enjoying everything else (aside from the motherlode dungeon) so we’ll see.
    Last edited by Thestuff1992; 2018-08-17 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    It never fails, at the start of EVERY SINGLE EXPANSION people shit on the class design because OH NO MY SECONDARY STAT RATING IS LOW. We have to gear up, that's the point of raiding. No one liked how their class felt going into EN, Highmaul, MSV, To4W, BoT, Naxx, Kara, or Gruul's Lair. Yes I went back all the way to the beginning of the first expansion. Our power is always decreased to start off. It seems like every new expansion people forget this. The classes themselves ARE FINE, we are just at a gear lull because raiding isn't out, and we won't feel "powerful" again until the final tier like Argus, HFC, SoO, DS, ICC, BT, SWP ...you see a pattern here? JFC
    well, if everybody complains for 10 years about this concept perhaps it should be reworked, e.g. make classes fun to play without tons of secondaries and only use them as a bonus.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm still having fun, and Prot pally is identical to Legion so gameplay is the same for me as it has been for the last couple years.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryke of the Wolverines View Post
    Personally, for me, it's a question of value.

Warlords biggest problem was that there was a shortage of stuff to do, but also that said stuff just wasn't worth doing. You hit the level cap, grinded gear out of dungeons, and then... Well, that was largely it. Apexis Crystals weren't worth the effort of farming, there was no reputation content, world content was sparse and pointless, and the class design was poor.

Unfortunately, the first few days of Battle for Azeroth have some similarities in my view. There's more to be getting on with than in Warlords, most certainly, but the value of any of it is badly questionable. If you get decent Azerite gear, you're stuck with it unequipped because you haven't the level for the traits. If you've done your weekly expeditions, there's not THAT much point in doing island expeditions (which are extremely dull, anyway). When I log in tomorrow, it's a case of sorting out fucking mission table quests that should die in a fire and hoping that the flight points given by scouting reports get un-bugged.

I could grind out world quests and reputation, but the gear behind those grinds will likely be surpassed by LFR welfare.

It's not looking great out the box.
    You can grind WQ for gear but that’s not the main reason your grinding rep. 7th legion rep allows you to continue the war campaign and unlock another dungeon entirely, champions of Azeroth gives you Ilvls for your neck. Those are the main 2 reps you really wanna take care of.

That alone gives anyone plenty of reason to do WQs. I don’t see any similarities to WoD here at all.

As for island expeditions, I actually enjoyed the pvp one a ton. It was so fucking fun. The normal mode one was boring as fuck, heroic was okay, mythic was good, pvp was fantastic. I finished my weekly expeditions and I’m still doing the pvp expeditions, I just really enjoy them. However, theres still the weekly which gives you a reason to do 5-7 of these a week.

So, when I log in tomorrow it’s: 7th legion and champions world quests, finishing Jaina questline (main overarching questline that unlocks siege of boralus) and maybe doing some more expeditions if I’m feeling it, if not then that’s enough for me. ~2-3 hours of gameplay right there.

Then in 2 weeks we get world bosses, mythic+, warfronts and normal/heroic uldir. World bosses aren’t much but mythic+ and Uldir will add a ton of playtime for me. Also, every Tuesday/Wednesday it’s an extra 2-3 hours (so 5-6 total) for mythic dungeon clears and way more when raid/m+ releases. Warfronts gives you a 375 piece from the weekly along with rares to farm for gear/mounts if you wanna do that.

That’s more than enough and if the rewards stay relavent then so will the content. There’s a ton of shit for me to do until m+ and Uldir releases alongside even more content (warfronts). I played almost all of WoD and honestly this isn’t even close.

TLDR: Every day I do 7th legion/Champions world quests which is ~1-2 hours of gameplay. Couple other things I can do which adds ~1 hour but sometimes I don’t do anything extra. This entire week was about 30+ hours of gameplay for me not including leveling. Next week it’ll be mythic dungeons+5 island expos and world quest farming, so probably 12-15 hours. I’d say that’s more than enough, way more than what WoD had. Then in 2 weeks when we get new content playtime will skyrocket again.
    Last edited by Thestuff1992; 2018-08-17 at 10:48 PM.

Deleted
    Anyone can say stupid s**t.

Doesn't mean they are right.

The only legitimate criticisms i've seen so far are the excessive dungeons trash, the underwhelming selection of azerite traits (by that i mean theres a few good and a lot not very good, wich isn't very exciting when you get one) and the outdated questing system.

The sky isn't falling. It's a very enjoyable expansion. Played it from morning to evening today and i want to play it more. Even got emotional at the storyline. I can't wait to see more!

10+ Year Old Account

...Ok I'll bite.

MoP was trolled to holy hell and back when it was announced just because of Pandaren first and Pandaren being playable for both factions second. That's it. Remember the WoW Annual Pass? For those who weren't around for that, those who opted in to maintaining their subscription for 12 months got guaranteed access to the MoP Beta, Tyrael's Charger (Mount) and Diablo III for free when it was released ($60 value). These forums recorded a number of folks who opted in, then changed their minds after sampling the Beta. Makes no sense to turn down a FREE GAME WORTH $60 but it is what it is. LOL.

WoD was trolled HARD AF because of the (poorly explained at first) time travel aspect. Need I remind folks the Character Boost feature was also introduced with WoD (then Boost to 90, now Boost to 110). People bitched about this because of the cost even though the reasoning behind it makes total sense (Blizz wanted to make it high enough to not trivialize the level experience). Plus you get one free boost with WoD/Legion/BFA. I started seeing "I'm burned out" threads two months after WoD launched. Admittedly, Blizz did a piss-poor job planning content release and more so given Tanaan Jungle wasn't made available until almost a year later. WoD is the only expansion that had just two Raid Tiers: Highmaul/BRF and then Hellfire Citadel. That's it. The Garrisons are probably the closest we will ever get in regards to Player Housing. Blizz admitted they made Garrisons too powerful (Especially the Salvage Yard) and nerfed it HARD since you literally had folks making several thousand a day across several alts. When Tanaan Jungle finally launched, folks were understandably VERY angry when it was revealed there would be no more WoD content after it. Don't even get me started on the anticlimatic HFC ending that set up for Legion.

...The outrage made folks forget all races except Worgen, Goblins and Pandaren got new skins in WoD. On that note. WoD was also the first expansion in which neither a new Class or New Race is introduced (Allied Races were introduced in WoD while DH was introduced in Legion).

While it does look like BFA will challenge WoD for most bitched about Expansion ever, I don't think it will top it. Blizzard learned from the mistakes they made in WoD when they did Legion and it showed. They promised players would no longer be waiting almost a year for new content and they have kept their word.

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    I've noticed an uptick over the past 2-4 years in what can be considered "Recreational Complaining", where people seem to complain just for fun. It's not just been with WoW but everything. It's nothing new, but it seems to have hit a tipping point in recent times. It's gotten exhausting, and has alienated me from many of the communities I used to love being a part of.
    This x1000.

it's crazy. People complain just to complain is what it is.

Know what's crazy? I AVOID certain high-profile online communities that cover video games and have for 15 years now. Specifically the forums. Now that gaming has reached "Hipster" status with the general public, I avoid cerain sites because they have become havens for toxic commentary and negativity.

These coordinated personal attacks and threats against people who work for certain video game companies needs to stop or ALL of us will pay for it. I don't just mean Christie Golden but other people who work for or with other companies, too. I notice "We" is use used to refer to a group collectively. If you're gonna speak hypothetically then say that OR use "I". Don't hide behind "We".
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    I've had fun during leveling. Beautiful zones, interesting stories, much needed freshness.

Then max level came.

Scaling is terrible - they definitely have some work to do with that.
    I dont think WQ rewards work properly either, cause they offer worse ilev than I have.
    Getting to 305 to unlock random hc is a pita if you dont want to spend thousands of gold on boe gear.
    And normal dungeons... oh man. In hope for some drops to get to 305 i farmed random dungeon queue. It was one of the most boring time ive spent in this game. Not only does it take too fucking long to kill anything, BfA instances are fucking FILLED with trash (motherlode I think is the worst offender). Its like dungeons during vanilla leveling in 7.3.5, only 2x worse. After each dungeon I felt like drinking a cup of coffee or just taking a nap, i was so tired. I might be biased, cause i was on a long no-loot-streak (8 random dungeons with 0 loot, as a dps with 20 min queue time).

I believe it will get better with gear, but its honestly one of the worst max level entry content there has been in a long time. They need to work on it.

Also feels bad to get azerite armor you cant fully unlock because you dont have enought artifact level. And moving around drustvar as a horde is fucking terrible.
    When I hit level 120 , I was 286ilvl equipped. I queued for about 5 to 10 dungeons (about 2 hours in game total) and had 306ilvl, enough for heroic. I queued for all of the new heroics ( 8 of them I think? ) and I hit 318 for mythicc. I've run 3 mythicc dungeons and they have been cake, and I'm at 328.. Hoping to break into the 330's with the rest of the mythic's completed eventually here.

I don't know where the hardship is fam, I really don't know

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    I've noticed an uptick over the past 2-4 years in what can be considered "Recreational Complaining", where people seem to complain just for fun. It's not just been with WoW but everything. It's nothing new, but it seems to have hit a tipping point in recent times. It's gotten exhausting, and has alienated me from many of the communities I used to love being a part of.
    It's just time for people to hang up their 'mantle' in WoW and leave for good.. I get people hating on the game, that's actually GOOD - that means things COULD change, but they aren't even passing the 'am I a troll test' they aren't giving us ways to MAKE THE GAME BETTER. They just complain that the game isn't handing them gear, isn't easy mode, and isn't the exact same thing they had in Legion or Wrath or TBC or whatever expac that people all loved.

It's time for people to look in the mirror and take a solid look at themselves and quit

The combat is very dull.

Its as if they think pretty animations and effects can cover it up.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy BFA very much so far. Maybe WoW is not anymore fun to you. People forget past and look with pink tainted glasses. It is so depressing going to forums now. Everybody is whining here while players who like the game do not even find time for that and enjoy the game with friends. I also do not understand the need people like you have to go and whine. What do you even want? Damn human nature.

BTW You are never happy no matter what.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbywan View Post
    What's wrong with BFA? i feel like the content is on par with legion and definitely more than previous expansions
    Yup, it's legion 2.0 so far and all I see are people who loved legion at the end of it hating on bfa...for...no reason?

The used the same model of legion for bfa.

It's legit the same.

I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    Yup, it's legion 2.0 so far and all I see are people who loved legion at the end of it hating on bfa...for...no reason?

The used the same model of legion for bfa.

It's legit the same.

I don't get it.
    I did not like Legion. But for the people that did like Legion Blizz pruned most classes heading into BFA. All Blizzard had to do was carry over like three golden traits per spec from Legion to BFA baseline and it would have solved a lot of problems. Also, it would have allowed Azerite armor to be something new and not trying to replace literally everything lol.

Deleted
    Would love to hear what you cryhards did on start of other expansions.

I did the same as I am doing now, if i am honest I could even do less.

Biased cryhard bullshit.

I would love to have something like an internet ID with the anonymity being removed. I would love to see the failed creatures opening such threads the whole time. Now go hug your waifu pillows hentai shit wankers.
    Last edited by mmoc50a729cd06; 2018-08-17 at 11:47 PM.

Do I think they removed too much from classes / specs? Sure. Do I think the expansion is bad because of it? No. Not at all. In fact, I'm enjoying this expansion more than I did Legion and WoD so far.

Get off the internet please, OP.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    The combat is very dull.
    Well that is pretty vague.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vortextex View Post
    BFA has some beautiful zones and cinematics, the main cities are awesome, the music is one of the best we had in wow so you feel really good for a few hours...but that's it. The gameplay of classes has never been this dumbed down, the dungeons are full of trash and bosses feel super easy, island expeditions are boring as hell and the recompenses are awful, war modes are just a big fail...

Seems like the only real good part about this expansion might be raiding...does that remind you guys of something? Hmmm...

Inb4:

"Ok bye"

"It's only been out for x days lol"

"I'm loving it"

"Don't let the door hit you on the way out"

"If you don't like it don't play it"

And so on...
    Same as every other expansions EVER. Do you guys suffer from selective memory loss or something? Legion was exactly the same, except way worse zones and much less to do.

The AP grind I dont even notice, I've reached rank 16 without even trying to increase it just by playing. Dungeons are fun and on Mythic offer a decent challange, Mythic+ is going to be great.

Like seriously, this has been WoW's expansion launch format since MoP at the very least, why did you expect raids and shit? I mean I keep getting better and better world quest items, currently getting 330 shit, so its always an upgrade.

The only negativity is by people like you, who seems to have expected the second coming of christ or something.

I read all quest text, did every zone start to finish, not just the mandatory stuff, took me near 30-40 hours just getting THAT done, not to mention world quest, rep grinds and war effort stuff. Only now am I starting to delve into dungeons more seriously and that's 4 days in.

Most of my friendlist is still 110-115, but every single one of them are loving it. This is the best WoW has been in years, production quality is off the charts.

Quote Originally Posted by DFu4ever View Post
    Well that is pretty vague.
    Pruned utility
    Pruned rotations
    GCD
    Going 20 levels with no new talent tier. Last time a new talent tier was added it was WoD
    Going 40 levels with no new baseline class skill as an expansion feature since MoP.
    Scaling of NPCs
    HP of mobs increased

WoW's crown jewel was its fast, fluid and fun combat system. Now most of it has been stripped.