Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Did damage not scale well from 110 to 120?

Pretty weird how at 110 we were doing like 6.5k DPS in Antorus ST and at 120 with 10 more levels and about 50 more ilvls we are doing about the same.

I'm all for stat squish but I'd like to actually see fucking progression as we level up and increase our ilvls.

My HP went up to 3 times what it was at 110, but my damage stayed about the same?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Do you honestly care about how high your numbers are? (In a vaacum, not when compared to other players). I personally couldn't care less if I was doing 500 dps or 5 million dps, all that matters is my position on the meters compared to the rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjay View Post
    Do you honestly care about how high your numbers are? (In a vaacum, not when compared to other players). I personally couldn't care less if I was doing 500 dps or 5 million dps, all that matters is my position on the meters compared to the rest.
    As someone who wants to go back and do Legion mog runs, YES. YES I DO.

I don't want to go in there with 40X more HP but only 1.5X more damage and take 3 hrs to solo a boss.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    I did 3k in BC and I did 2k in WotLK Naxx few weeks later. Nothing new about it.

7+ Year Old Account
    it's not really damage not scaling, as much as it's item level being different.

You were a demon-slaying God in antorus, so when the xpac started, and everything scaled to 110 you still retained being a god. As you level up, your gear becomes less great FOR YOUR LEVEL, so the things scaling to your level appear to be 'stronger'.

15+ Year Old Account
    Your secondaries went way down (you went from end-of-expac levels of crit/haste etc to start of expac). You also lost set bonuses and legendaries. This is normal.

Your paper DPS may look pretty similar, but you forget that anything 10 levels below you takes wildly more damage from you. Go nuts with the xmog farm.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Its because as you level up, your stats adjust towards the new max level and you get less of an effect from the same amount. When you level up, your %s actually go down. Stamina looks to just be additional, so that goes up.

With mob scaling now added in its a bit more noticeable.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2018-08-16 at 10:40 PM.

That's the normal start of xpack scaling downgrade. With decent 340/350 gear you already do way more than 6.5k.

Also I'm not averse to Blizzard keeping scaling inflation in check a bit. Legion was silly in this regard, we did about 300-400k in EN and in Antorus we were doing 6 times that, if not more for great players.

you lost sets and legendaries as well as super optimized stats

also in HC gear you'll already be doing 9-10k

so yeah
    it scales fine

6.5k is like just dinged 120 ST dps...

Go get some gear and come back. 10k ST is in reach with obtainable gear right now, once the raid and M+ open it might balloon to 15k+ ST being achievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Your secondaries went way down (you went from end-of-expac levels of crit/haste etc to start of expac). You also lost set bonuses and legendaries. This is normal.

Your paper DPS may look pretty similar, but you forget that anything 10 levels below you takes wildly more damage from you. Go nuts with the xmog farm.
    That won't include any Legion raid and most dungeon mobs though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustov View Post
    That won't include any Legion raid and most dungeon mobs though.
    You sure about that? Cuz I was able to easily farm Mythic WoD solo during Legion (except HFC, because Hellfire Assault was a pain in the arse)
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjay View Post
    The whooshing sound? The point, flying over your head. OP isn't on about the DPS number but that it's basically the same at 110 and 120

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    6.5k is like just dinged 120 ST dps...

Go get some gear and come back. 10k ST is in reach with obtainable gear right now, once the raid and M+ open it might balloon to 15k+ ST being achievable.
    Which means levels don't matter. Which is BS for an RPG-derived game. With the same gear, a 120 should do more DPS than a 110. More gear should increase that... more.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    The whooshing sound? The point, flying over your head. OP isn't on about the DPS number but that it's basically the same at 110 and 120

- - - Updated - - -

Which means levels don't matter. Which is BS for an RPG-derived game. With the same gear, a 120 should do more DPS than a 110. More gear should increase that... more.
    Chill it's just what they done to the game. Play a spec with no self sustain and sit waiting on groups for everything
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Deleted
    No one did 6k sustained in Antorus. DPS numbers have been scaled down by exactly 1000. No one came even close to 6mil DPS when artifacts were at their peak at lvl 150.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    Chill it's just what they done to the game. Play a spec with no self sustain and sit waiting on groups for everything
    Try English next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    No one did 6k sustained in Antorus. DPS numbers have been scaled down by exactly 1000. No one came even close to 6mil DPS when artifacts were at their peak at lvl 150.
    Yes they did. ~3 minute fights like Garothi or Varimathras people were easily sustaining 7k+. Longer fights are somewhat tricky since we didn't have long exclusively single target fights - but just look at fights like Coven for classes that can't aoe there (like Fire Mages) and you'll see that they also easily dealt 6k+ for 7 minutes straight.

So no, things weren't scaled down by 1000. People dealt upwards of 2m dps even before empowered artifacts and I'm pretty sure people didn't drop down to 2k dps in the prepatch.

You sure about that? Cuz I was able to easily farm Mythic WoD solo during Legion (except HFC, because Hellfire Assault was a pain in the arse)
    Yeah. It requires a >10 level surplus to gain the massive damage buff that trivializes old content, while the raid bosses are only considered 7 levels under you.
    Not to say that you can't solo them, the extra levels, gear, and mechanics can certainly help make things easier. But the hidden buff won't be in effect.

5+ Year Old Account
    If you are doing the same DPS with a 50ILVL increase, that is on you. Straight up. I understand the stat squish and scaling, but you come in swinging with a thread that can literally be answered in a moment with 'do better' acting as if your inability to advance your character is the fault of the game. It isn't. Its just a non issue. Sure, some peoples DPS isn't changing 110-120. Those people are bads or noobs. Its that easy. Save the winging for the times when there is an actual problem outside you not being good.

This happens every expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

I guarantee that you weren’t doing it in quest reward blues.
    Beta Club Brosquad