Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Role Unknown View Post
    I truly believe Blizzard has 2 teams working expansions.......Legion introduced alot of new features, and this team is tasked with progressing it, while the "main" team can work on new features for the next expansion. People may disagree, but i think this would be the best approach to expansions going forward.
    How's it the best when it results in every 2nd expansion being crap, as we have seen it happen since 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    I mean... It's the same team. Sure, people come and go, but it's the same team.

That said, your "ratings" aren't entirely accurate... Maybe to you, that's how it went, but to the people who post on this forum, you're a bit off.

Starting at Wrath, which I think most of the MMOC posters agree is the pinnacle of WoW.
    Cata was okay to start, and quickly became the worst expansion ever.
    MoP was hated at the beginning and for much of the expansion.
    WoD was hyped hard and good for a month or two (aside from the complaints of the starting cities for both the Horde and Alliance), and then it eclipsed Cata as the worst expansion ever.
    MoP came back into discussion and people started to think it was pretty good.
    Legion was thought of as pretty meh when it first launched.
    BFA has not been received well.
    Legion comes back up and is spoken of pretty highly.

Basically everything sucks until something comes along that is worse... Not really indicative of there being two separate teams doing alternating WoW expansions.
    lol how wrong can you be?

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    ...This x1000.

The impatience of the internet.
    Why can't he judge it even if it has only been on a few days? if he leveled to 120 then he saw a majority of the quests which are no different than quests everyone has done since 2004, if he hit 120 then he probably did most of the dungeons on at least normal and they are no different than any other dungeon in the game, WQ's are no different, professions are the same, your path to gear is the same so yeah, I'd say you can totally judge it after only playing it for a couple of days...the only thing that isn't out yet is raids and they involve you killing a boss just like every other raid so...

BFA content wise is literally the same as Legion back in 7.0 with the exception of no Legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    I've barely reached level 111 and I'm already put off by the questing. "Go and kill 11 horde stealthers in that field and bring us 8 fucking guns while you're over there" is bullshit lazy design. It's almost as lazy as raptor hearts from pre-cata Arathi (where 8/10 raptors don't have hearts). Before that, it was "kill your way through Horde invaders in the town until the progress bar reaches 100%". Thrilling gameplay right there.

After a long week at work, I wanna feel engaged by a game, y'know? I'm sure it get's better, but these kill and collect quests should have died a death over a decade ago.
    I mean that's basically how all MMOs are so I don't know what you're expecting. GW2 has a slightly more engaging world when it comes to content like that, I don't know why Blizzard won't borrow some of their ideas like the zone wide events or my personal favorite, jumping puzzles but it is what it is.

I mean... It's the same team. Sure, people come and go, but it's the same team.

That said, your "ratings" aren't entirely accurate... Maybe to you, that's how it went, but to the people who post on this forum, you're a bit off.

Starting at Wrath, which I think most of the MMOC posters agree is the pinnacle of WoW.
    Cata was okay to start, and quickly became the worst expansion ever.
    MoP was hated at the beginning and for much of the expansion.
    WoD was hyped hard and good for a month or two (aside from the complaints of the starting cities for both the Horde and Alliance), and then it eclipsed Cata as the worst expansion ever.
    MoP came back into discussion and people started to think it was pretty good.
    Legion was thought of as pretty meh when it first launched.
    BFA has not been received well.
    Legion comes back up and is spoken of pretty highly.

Basically everything sucks until something comes along that is worse... Not really indicative of there being two separate teams doing alternating WoW expansions.

Wotlk - Back then in 2008, People were shitting on Wotlk. The Heroic Dungeons were extremely easy coming from TBC Heroics. The Raid content at launch was not good at all. Sarth 3D was the only fight with some longevity to it. Raid Achievements were really the only thing at the time to strive for. Yeah Naxx being simple was good for the Casual/PuG scene at the time, but overall the raid community was not impressed. It wasn't until Ulduar when people started to see some quality in Wotlk. While I did enjoy Wotlk, people seem to forget that 2/4 of the raid tiers were some of the worst we've ever had. I can't speak much on the PVP side of things, because I wasn't really involved much with it anymore after TBC.

Cata - I agree here. Launch of Cata was fantastic, people got the more challenging Heroics back, Tier 11 wasn't the best, but it wasn't that bad of a launch tier. Though the issue lied in the shift WoW did in Wotlk by trying to reach an even wider audience, the casual players. Wotlk brought in even more players to WoW there's no denying that. But when a large majority of players were used to easy 5man content and LFD (Which was introduced in wotlk) and jump to launch Cata heroics with LFD it just did not mix well at all. Which eventually lead to Catas declined, nerfed Heroics followed by the Firelands Patch that didn't really bring anything to the game outside of a decent raid and you know how it went after that.

MoP - Yuuup, I did not know of a single person in MoP that said "WoW this expansion is great" until after MoP. Sure some didn't mind it, but no one was really excited for it.

WoD - People loved it for a week. Then hated it.

Legion - Probably one of the most mixed expansion launches. Some people loved Artifact weapons others dreaded them. Same goes for the Legendaries, WQs, Rep grind etc. You had people on one hand that enjoyed having a grind to always be working on and others that felt it was too grindy and the Legendary system RNG was bad. It wasn't until later when people got an idea for the direction of Legion when it was claimed as a good or great expansion to a lot of people.

BFA - Now we come to BFA. BFA is literally Legion 7.0 right now. We're doing more or less the same exact thing without the legendary RNG. Those that didn't like Legion at all probably won't care for BFA. Those that loved Legion need to wait and see how BFA turns out.

But yes, since TBC every new "Expansion" has sucked when it first launches. You didn't have TBC listed here, but let me tell you. People lost their damn minds when they learned 40mans were no longer going to be a thing and then Horde got Paladins and Alliance got Shamans. Then during TBC people shit on Resilience as a stat for PvP as well as Arenas. It's just a cycle that happens over and over. "This expansions sucks" 6 months- 1 year later "This expansion was great". Really only WoD and Cata are the two expansions that most people still seem to dread. There's been a wide acceptance for every other expansion. We just need to see how BFA turns out in the end. It could be a great expansion or it could be a dud, no one can say for sure just yet.

Yes, as its basically everything that was good about Legion refined and added on, I think its pretty clear.
    If you think it looks "terribland" or whatever that word was, then its likely you aren't paying attention.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreary View Post
    Honestly you have to wonder. Why is it that every-other expansion since WotLK has been of exceptionally lower/shallower quality than the previous? Ever noticed that?
    Wrath was great...
    Cata was bland...
    MoP was great (imo)...
    WoD was terribland...
    Legion was amazing (imho)...
    so far this is looking horribland...

I mean are these separate teams that are switching off every-other expansion? Almost seems like it.. You could tell an abrupt difference when the pre-patch was fixing alot of stuff that wasn't broke (like the UI which Blizzard made a very big deal in the past about making extremely minor changes like the keyring).. Classes are another thing that 8-months ago Blizzard said they were happy with and probably wouldn't be changing much... obviously that changed somewhere along the line (or the developer teams changed...)
    I was just talking with a friend about this. This expansion feels half-hearted, like someone took all the grinding features of previous expansions, copy-pasted, changed a few names around, and said "yarp, that'll do."
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

My issue with BfA is feeling no connection to the story. I don't care what happens to these people.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    OP is right, and the legend is true, one good expansion, one bad expansion...

You know I see a game like Destiny or Warframe or really any other large game release these decently sized updates and the overwhelming praise they get for them. It's great to see.

Then you have the WoW community, constantly bitching forever that what we get is never good enough.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Considering the number of questionable design decisions that have been brought over from Legion, it is safe to say that unfortunately it is the same team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Legion really wasn't good and benefitted immensely from the "Cataclysm Effect." The idea that Cataclysm was such a shitty expansion that MoP, which had a number of problems, looked like an absolute blessing in comparison. WoD was just pathetic, so of course Legion, despite numerous design flaws, is going to look good.

Considering a number of bad ideas from WoD & Legion are still continuing, I really don't think it's a different band of people.

Apparently you havent been watching the forums. Based on the threads created since launch... BFA is not being received all that well. Yes, there are people who are enjoying it... but the majority of threads have been negative. Enough so that someone has to create a thread outlining the negativity. But by all means... change my mind.
    Just because there’s some angry nerds on forums making threeads does not mean BfA is badly received. World of Warcraft is in the top 3 most streamed games on Twitch, and a couple days ago it was number one. I’ve never seen so much buzz around an expansion release before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Valen~ View Post
    Yes, we can judge the entirety of BFA in less than a week.

Good lord you people.
    Pretty much says it all, yeah.

"Lets whine about BFA 4 days after launch, and compare it to 700+ days of previous expansions."
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Ok with all of this whine lately I am starting to feel worry about the next WoD/MoP 2.0 and for worse, they are gonna to take out some characters just to create "shock" which I hope doesnt happend here

Apparently you havent been watching the forums. Based on the threads created since launch... BFA is not being received all that well. Yes, there are people who are enjoying it... but the majority of threads have been negative. Enough so that someone has to create a thread outlining the negativity. But by all means... change my mind.
    Your first problem is thinking that battle.net or MMO-champion represent the average opinion on the game. But even as I say that there was a poll here the other day asking for people to give the game a rating which mostly recieved 9s and 10s. Go to Reddit and Twitch to find the real consensus and it's been overwheamingly positive. There were half a million viewers on Twitch the other day, and there are only a handful of games that can command an audience that large. Everyone in my guild is loving the game. BfA is doing just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by CogsNCocks View Post
    Your first problem is thinking that battle.net or MMO-champion represent the average opinion on the game. But even as I say that there was a poll here the other day asking for people to give the game a rating which mostly recieved 9s and 10s. Go to Reddit and Twitch to find the real consensus and it's been overwheamingly positive. There were half a million viewers on Twitch the other day, and there are only a handful of games that can command an audience that large. Everyone in my guild is loving the game. BfA is doing just fine.
    Stop using Twitch viewers as a measure of positivity or negativity my god. As long as the big streamers play it, it will have huge numbers. BfA could be the worst expansion ever, having half the content of WoD, but if Soda, Lirik and Shroud all played it would still outrank everything else but fortnite on twitch. Use your brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreary View Post
    Legion was amazing (imho)...
    so far this is looking horribland...
    From what i've seen so far, i'd rather quest and level through bfa zones rather than legion zones 100% of the time. Boralus and Zuldazar 1000x > Dalaran

Deleted
    BfA seems fine so far...the new dungeons seem decent and the zones are amazing.

We’ve got Myth +, raids and warfronts coming in the next few weeks I don’t see the problem.

The effort and detail in the zones and dungeons straight away tell you this expansion isn’t half-assed it’s some of the best looking work Blizz has done for WoW.