Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiftyonred View Post
    In BC assassination was called "Mutilate", or "Mut" in PvP and PvE, respectively.
    Yea. Sin must be something they came up with in Legion.
    After Mut people started calling it Ass. Probably cuz Ass Rogue sounds more fun! ... and sexy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knslyr View Post
    Yea. Sin must be something they came up with in Legion.
    After Mut people started calling it Ass. Probably cuz Ass Rogue sounds more fun! ... and sexy.
    It switched in MoP I think when the specs became proper distinct, before then your spec was defined by the talent you aimed for in a tree, so ARprep, HARP (hemo AR prep), Mut, Cold Blood Prep etc. But also back then mutilate was a significant chunk of damage rather than the weak cp builder it is today.

Quote Originally Posted by keskmaz View Post
    It switched in MoP I think when the specs became proper distinct, before then your spec was defined by the talent you aimed for in a tree, so ARprep, HARP (hemo AR prep), Mut, Cold Blood Prep etc. But also back then mutilate was a significant chunk of damage rather than the weak cp builder it is today.
    Nah it was way earlier it went from Mut to Ass, probably between WotLK and Cata. Never heard Sin though, and Legion is the only expansion I haven't played, besides testing it for some months.

Deleted
    I'm still killing 120's as a 113 sin rogue, and my first dungeon I was doing 6500 DPS and in 2nd place was a 118 fury warrior doing 3500 DPS so yeah.

In BC assassination was called "Mutilate", or "Mut" in PvP and PvE, respectively.
    Sort of? It gained the name "Mut" but even then, it was specifically for Rogues running a Mutilation build, not exactly for the Assassination Specc itself. Crazy as it sounds, not every Rogue who specced into Assassination actually played with the Mutilation spell. It wasn't until around WotLK that they retooled the trees enough that Mut was basically 100% of any Assassination build.

Quote Originally Posted by sddg View Post
    I'm still killing 120's as a 113 sin rogue, and my first dungeon I was doing 6500 DPS and in 2nd place was a 118 fury warrior doing 3500 DPS so yeah.
    Comparing dps to and from someone not at level cap is pointless.

Not calling assassination "ass" is such a missed opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Not calling assassination "ass" is such a missed opportunity.
    People these days just doesn't get it.

Sin being dominant most of legion was rly boring

Hope sub can keep the top spot
    Insert cringe politically charged signature here

Agreed "sin" is a fucking stupid name. Having to go 3 syllables in to shorten it isn't intuitive, and also it just sounds dumb. Ass or mut are the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by steale View Post
    Agreed "sin" is a fucking stupid name. Having to go 3 syllables in to shorten it isn't intuitive, and also it just sounds dumb. Ass or mut are the way to go.
    Not to mention that if you call it sin instead of ass then you are probably more Paladin or Priest material.

Rogues love ass.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Sort of? It gained the name "Mut" but even then, it was specifically for Rogues running a Mutilation build, not exactly for the Assassination Specc itself. Crazy as it sounds, not every Rogue who specced into Assassination actually played with the Mutilation spell. It wasn't until around WotLK that they retooled the trees enough that Mut was basically 100% of any Assassination build.
    I may be forgetting the glory days, but i really don't remember a hybrid spec deep in assassination that didn't involve taking the last talent.
    Are you thinking about a Vigor / preparation build?

BC was the only time i every played on gladiator level, and as far as i remember Mutilate was one of the main reasons why you went deep assassination.

But hey, it was a long time ago, so you may just be remember it better than me

WoTLK pre-patch was a cluster fuck for Assassination though (if you ask me), the whole Hunger for Blood (first and second iteration of it), really was a bit off
    Last edited by Fiftyonred; 2018-08-17 at 08:05 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sddg View Post
    Because the scaling is broken as hell. You can't read anything into dps before 120 because you will less damage at endgame. Everything they are doing with scaling in the game is really bad for gameplay, both the player scaling and the monster scaling with ilevel.

I may be forgetting the glory days, but i really don't remember a hybrid spec deep in assassination that didn't involve taking the last talent.
    Are you thinking about a Vigor / preparation build?

BC was the only time i every played on gladiator level, and as far as i remember Mutilate was one of the main reasons why you went deep assassination.

But hey, it was a long time ago, so you may just be remember it better than me

WoTLK pre-patch was a cluster fuck for Assassination though (if you ask me), the whole Hunger for Blood (first and second iteration of it), really was a bit off
    Cold blood hemo was very popular in vanilla and cold blood prep with backstab very strong at the start of TBC (early Neilyo videos), mutilate never really took off in TBC apart from a handful of comps because it was so easy to kite, I remeember it wasn't until start of wotlk when mut/prep was really broken and you could drop people in a cheap shot.
    Last edited by mmoc5e6705e600; 2018-08-17 at 06:27 PM.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cold blood hemo was very popular in vanilla and cold blood prep with backstab very strong at the start of TBC (early Neilyo videos), mutilate never really took off in TBC apart from a handful of comps because it was so easy to kite, I remeember it wasn't until start of wotlk when mut/prep was really broken and you could drop people in a cheap shot.
    Oh the memories! I was combat most of Vanilla, spent a good amount of it with a Krol Blade. I got a Teebu's Blazing Longsword late in Vanilla, and decided to try out the Hemo spec. Was a lot of fun
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    Senator Moore will be sitting in that seat and I hope it burns you to your core.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    Trump did it so it's good. I put my faith in a strong political figure because I lack self-esteem and feel threatened by a changing world. Whoever stands against him is bad because I do not understand their arguments and I have a simple tribalistic mindset created through the consumption of right-wing media.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Misplaced servo arm hemo RIPPPPPPP
    Suri Cruise and Katie Holmes are SP's.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyWayneRuddick View Post

Misplaced servo arm hemo RIPPPPPPP
    Poor mans thunderfury!

One of the "burn" videos featured dualwielding those with combat spec - OP OP.
    -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axaion View Post
    then go back to WW monk, you sad dragon
    Hahahahaha. It's funny because it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Veyne View Post
    I'll be the first to admit I didn't actually pay attention to shit in WoD and MoP, but I know Assassination was sweet as hell in Wrath and Legion, and I want to say cataclysm too? I don't remember seeing many non Assassination rogues in Cataclysm, but my cata memory is a little foggy.
    You are right about Wrath up to ICC where Combat took over big time due to Armour Penetration scaling (and Deathbringer's Will trinket). As for Cataclysm it was quite balanced afaik, wasn't playing there rogue much but I think majority played either Combat or Assa (mostly assa) because Subtletly had very complex gamplay, which was fun but hard to maintain in raid (had to keep up bleeds, snd and recuperate up for energy regen)

Ass for sustain
    Yes, indeed.

Deleted
    mutilate never really took off in TBC apart from a handful of comps because it was so easy to kite, I remeember it wasn't until start of wotlk when mut/prep was really broken and you could drop people in a cheap shot.
    Akrios disagrees.

TBC Mutilate 41/20 was hella strong with proper gear, post 2.3. But then of course there was the issue of getting that gear, and knowing how much you could push. Mutilate had the positional requirement aswell, it was not the right spec to take out of the box.

In Wrath there were plenty of 44/5/21? or how many points. Muti Prep and Envenom prep mostly, PvP and PvE, which kind of remained constant throughout the expansion.
    The removal of Mutilate positional and the introduction of Overkill did wonders for the popularity of the spec.
    Sub Rogues phased out of PvP until some more ArP gear became available, and so did Combat which I think came back only during Ulduar.