Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    it certainly does feel so.

regrdless - if anyone feels like skiping expansion BfA is definetly the one to do so.
    Unless you want any of the allied races, 'cuz if you skip BfA you'll have to do that grind later when a new expansion is out. Same problem people who skipped Legion are facing now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreary View Post
    Honestly you have to wonder. Why is it that every-other expansion since WotLK has been of exceptionally lower/shallower quality than the previous? Ever noticed that?
    Wrath was great...
    Cata was bland...
    MoP was great (imo)...
    WoD was terribland...
    Legion was amazing (imho)...
    so far this is looking horribland...

I mean are these separate teams that are switching off every-other expansion? Almost seems like it.. You could tell an abrupt difference when the pre-patch was fixing alot of stuff that wasn't broke (like the UI which Blizzard made a very big deal in the past about making extremely minor changes like the keyring).. Classes are another thing that 8-months ago Blizzard said they were happy with and probably wouldn't be changing much... obviously that changed somewhere along the line (or the developer teams changed...)
    Good that you say 'imo' for the expansions you liked and not when you say 'bland'...

5+ Year Old Account
    my problem is that most of the zone stories had nothing to do with the main storyline and doesn't help at all that i don't even know what uldir is, i have 0 hype to go there,sounds like a horde problem.
    Last edited by etheldald; 2018-08-18 at 09:23 AM.

I mean are these separate teams that are switching off every-other expansion?
    The development cycle is too long to have separate teams interleaving.
    Personally I think it is Blizzard overreacting and still being pretty poor at interpreting their data. They need to find the 'why' in the data and not just stop at the 'what'.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    No, it's the B-Team. They get to do all the expansions with even numbers. 4.X, 6.X, 8.X......
    So 2.X? I thought TBC was da best

Ion was responsible for most of Legion stuff, and also BfA stuff.

So yes prolly the same guys
    Quote Originally Posted by RedGamer030 View Post
    I do not need to be constructive in this thread, nor provide an argument. There is nothing here to actually debate. Your reasoning is flawed and thusly you have no argument.
    ↑ Epitome of Internet Logic

i can tell u why ...
    if u closely look at your toon u will see this :

fighting takes much much longer compared to other expansions
    healing yourself ( pala for example ) needs more heals, since the relation between heal power and life is messed up.......
    mobs do a lot of more dmg compared to other expansions .....( i testet it ) *** explanation later
    walking is slower as in other expansions
    compared to other expansions u have ( a daily worldquest area as example ) more mobs in the spot as on other spots, means
    u have to kill more mobs than usually to finish your stuff ....
    aggro range is bigger from mobs, meanng that mobs from all direktions, dosent matter from where, just aggro u.
    mob count is double than in legion for some areas...... ( best example the worldquest where u have to kill this giant undeath goliath )
    to get to the goliath u had to kill more than 35 mobs on a way of 40 meters range ...( from 1 mob aggro range till goliath )
    compared to other expansions BFA is laggy like hell, and this is not just because mroe ppl playing at the prime time ....
    with legion we didnt had laggs like this ( skills haveing 2 sec delay and such stuff ) in the prime time....
    and the count of playing ppl is less now than in legion at the prime times.
    compared to other expansions, your skills, does less dmg ( not because squish ) in relation to mobs health.
    its about 3% ( do the math if u dont belive me )
    blizzard , again implementet stuff in game to keep us waisting more and more time ingame ....
    example : since almost 10 years mobs are slowing u or dismounting u, when u just pass them.
    the slowing down chance is drasticly increased sinde prepatch ....dismounting is increased too...
    the chance of just passing a mob without to be forced to kill it, ( or lets say to kill every single damn mob ) is decreased like hell...
    WOW is becomming more and more a kind of NCsoft clone ....means a china farming game ...
    best example legion and the artifakt weapon....u was forced to farm AP like hell to be able to compete with others, or to get "valid and good " dps/hps for raids so u got a chance to raid after all ...even to get ini invites ...
    this AP farming day by day became work.u was forced to spend more than 2 hours just farming AP , and iam not talking about other stuff in game like inis,raids, fishing, or what ever, just the worldquests .....
    and the worst of all ... the majority of " blocking " content.....like suramar qest line .. WTF ?!?! .....its ok to release content week by week .. but force players to farm an exaltet reputaion to continue questlines at all is a devastating proof of lack of content and fantasy to implement stuff after all....
    blocking content, like orderhall missions where u are forced to farm and equipp your " minions" to continue quests after all ...
    our professions.. where u have to make inis, quests, 1 till 3 star recipes, just to keep us farming and waisting more time in game....
    the ammount of mats we already needed in legion continues. farming like a braindead bot all day just to craft 10 pots or 100 heal potions or whatever ....
    and last but not least the auction house idiots .. who put 600 and more stasck with 1 item in the AH even if they now ( for example alchemie, or enchanting ) needa 5 pieces at minimum .....the time we need to waist at the AH is a major part of time burning content in legion...

and at last ... the fact blizzard always claims to listen to the people ...the only people who count for blizzard are the ppl from the USA ....i never seen , that blizzard officialy reacting,answering, nor even metioning any stuff from the european part of the forum. i tryed it several times ......i posted something in the german forum, no answer . i copied it over to the US forum, and there it got attention, and answers from blizzard ....the fact that u need an US account to be able to post in the US forum, to get an answer is the lames proof of blizzards ignorance ....

10+ Year Old Account
    MMO-Champion has been flooded with so many of these whine threads lately I'm starting to wonder if some of these people are being paid to try and indirectly promote some other game, like those Russian propaganda bots that spam reddit and twitter. It's like people had this narrative in mind for BFA and spam their negative opinions all over the place without even having had time to play the game.

I swear there were "there's nothing to do in this expansion" posts within 24 hours of launch.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by etheldald View Post
    my problem is the the most of the zone stories had nothing to do with the main storyline and doesn't help at all that i don't even know what uldir is, i have 0 hype to go there,sounds like a horde problem.
    This 100x. Put this alongside the usual quests format and you are boring me & making my eyes bleed. Stormsong Valley main quest was pretty good but as soon as I start hitting the secondary quests, it felt like I was in freaking Westfall... Those farm quests made me reconsider even getting Pathfinder.

At this point all I want from the next expansion is a new Quest format, not this same old 16 year old format of kill x and collect followed by kill boss Y and proceed to the next hub.

This is why I hate leveling

Quote Originally Posted by Mijati View Post
    example : since almost 10 years mobs are slowing u or dismounting u, when u just pass them.
    the slowing down chance is drasticly increased sinde prepatch ....dismounting is increased too...
    the chance of just passing a mob without to be forced to kill it, ( or lets say to kill every single damn mob ) is decreased like hell...
    And then they give you a simple crafted item that negates 100% of this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mirie View Post
    I swear there were "there's nothing to do in this expansion" posts within 24 hours of launch.
    There has been only one expansion where this was not the case, Legion, and then people complained that there was always something to do and they were never 'done'.

MMO-Champion has been flooded with so many of these whine threads lately I'm starting to wonder if some of these people are being paid to try and indirectly promote some other game, like those Russian propaganda bots that spam reddit and twitter.
    Yeah because criticism must been paid by someone and it's not possible that BfA is just... quite underwhelming.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Deleted
    MoP was great (imo)...
    This probably says it all. MoP was an overhyped expansion for Pandakids. So far BFA has been great, it's early days yet and a large chunk of the content is unlocking in 3 weeks. I'll reserve my bad judgement until I can see classes in a raid environment.

Other than that:

Great art/design
    Fantastic music
    Very interesting boss/mob abilities
    A condensed artifact/legendary system
    Speedy road from 110-120 with 3 interesting zones culminating in a final scenario to bring it all together.
    A fresh set of (mostly) well designed dungeons to pick apart and find the optimum routes

I find it hard to believe that anyone finds this expansion honestly bad at this point without them wanting to find it bad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by trm90 View Post
    People forget but Legion brought about a metric fuckton of changes. WoD -> Legion was by far the biggest overhaul ever seen. I want to play a polished version of Legion's newly implemented systems. I really liked WQs, I'm glad legendaries are gone, M+ will undoubtedly be better, and HoA is nowhere near as much of a tedious grind as Artifact Power was. Has everyone also forgotten what the first half of Legion was like? It was a complete fucking mess. Artifact power grind was miserable, Legendaries were ridiculous, and M+ progression was very gimmicky. When you add in so many new systems at once, many of them are bound to fail, at least for a while.

That's why I'm not upset that BFA hasn't ushered in a ton of new changes to their basic systems, and instead focused more on the content. IEs, Warfronts, more + larger zones and a better questing experience, loads of dungeons to begin with. I'm not saying it's perfect, and class design is a sad state of affairs. But I'm going to wait and see what Uldir and M+ is like before writing it off as a bad expansion.
    Legion was WOW 2.0 in a way... Only thing missing was changing the quests system.

BFA is not bad, I think people are just mad that things aren't well scaled and sorted it out.. I mean BFA is 10000000000000x ways better than WoD.

Let's just wait for 8.1 to get 99% of the QoL things fixed alongside some Alliance story (hopefully)

Quote Originally Posted by rcarp89 View Post
    This probably says it all. MoP was an overhyped expansion for Pandakids. So far BFA has been great, it's early days yet and a large chunk of the content is unlocking in 3 weeks. I'll reserve my bad judgement until I can see classes in a raid environment.

Other than that:

Great art/design
    Fantastic music
    Very interesting boss/mob abilities
    A condensed artifact/legendary system
    Speedy road from 110-120 with 3 interesting zones culminating in a final scenario to bring it all together.
    A fresh set of (mostly) well designed dungeons to pick apart and find the optimum routes

I find it hard to believe that anyone finds this expansion honestly bad at this point without them wanting to find it bad
    An inferior Artifact system?
    Class pruning?
    GCD Changes?
    PvE and PvP scaling with levels and ilvl?
    Dungeon trash being too numerous?
    Force of personal loot?
    Island expeditions being underwhelming in terms of reward and gameplay?

Yet you find it hard to believe that people don't like BfA so far?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Yeah because criticism must been paid by someone and it's not possible that BfA is just... quite underwhelming.
    Oh it's totally reasonable to not like the game. Thing is, it's very very similar to Legion launch. You'd think these people would have got over it and left by now, if so many of them hate everything about the game so much?

MMO-Champion has been flooded with so many of these whine threads lately I'm starting to wonder if some of these people are being paid to try and indirectly promote some other game, like those Russian propaganda bots that spam reddit and twitter. It's like people had this narrative in mind for BFA and spam their negative opinions all over the place without even having had time to play the game.

or did it occure to you that blizzard might have release really shitty expansion if so many people are so pissed so early ?

even wod didnt get this kind of negativity at least liek 3 months into expansion

Ion just should get fired for relaseing this piece of garbage. end of story.

Honestly you have to wonder. Why is it that every-other expansion since WotLK has been of exceptionally lower/shallower quality than the previous? Ever noticed that?
    Wrath was great...
    Cata was bland...
    MoP was great (imo)...
    WoD was terribland...
    Legion was amazing (imho)...
    so far this is looking horribland...

I mean are these separate teams that are switching off every-other expansion? Almost seems like it.. You could tell an abrupt difference when the pre-patch was fixing alot of stuff that wasn't broke (like the UI which Blizzard made a very big deal in the past about making extremely minor changes like the keyring).. Classes are another thing that 8-months ago Blizzard said they were happy with and probably wouldn't be changing much... obviously that changed somewhere along the line (or the developer teams changed...)
    No that is not how game development works.

Oh it's totally reasonable to not like the game. Thing is, it's very very similar to Legion launch. You'd think these people would have got over it and left by now, if so many of them hate everything about the game so much?
    not really - at legions launch people had no clue how usless ap grind will be ultimately - now they know - now people know that WQ will be utter garbage , ap grind will be crazy and all shit in game is meant not to give them fun only to slow them down to boost MAU for activision

this would be ok for f2p game - but not for subscription based on

its garbage expansion and nothing can save it now - blizzard probably already know it thats why they are delaying content like warfront etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    I've barely reached level 111 and I'm already put off by the questing. "Go and kill 11 horde stealthers in that field and bring us 8 fucking guns while you're over there" is bullshit lazy design. It's almost as lazy as raptor hearts from pre-cata Arathi (where 8/10 raptors don't have hearts). Before that, it was "kill your way through Horde invaders in the town until the progress bar reaches 100%". Thrilling gameplay right there.

After a long week at work, I wanna feel engaged by a game, y'know? I'm sure it get's better, but these kill and collect quests should have died a death over a decade ago.
    It sounds like you just don't like WoW. Why are you playing this game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    not really - at legions launch people had no clue how usless ap grind will be ultimately - now they know - now people know that WQ will be utter garbage , ap grind will be crazy and all shit in game is meant not to give them fun only to slow them down to boost MAU for activision
    So you're saying people liked Legion launch because they didn't know what to expect, but they hate this launch because they realised the game is shit while playing Legion?

Why the hell would they buy BFA then, and come here moaning about it? Like you said, they already realised the game is shit. Normal people would have done something else with their time by now.