Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Today. Countries are independant. And no country can colonize another country because the international community would not allow it.
    I'm not sure what you mean by 'colonize', but there are plenty of countries that have had governments installed by foreign powers. Why do you think the US still maintains a troop presence in Iraq and Afghanistan? To ensure that the people there don't rebel against the puppet governments.

Iraq is an interesting case, the US empowered certain militias (warlords) and corrupt politicians who crushed political dissent through the mass imprisonment of people who oppose them. Another example is Bahrain, where demonstrations against the puppet government there were crushed by moving Saudi tank battalions into the country and gunning down protesters en masse. Of course, you won't hear about things like this is the mass corporate media, so there is virtually zero public awareness for what is really going on.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Ultraxion View Post
    Star Trek is a bullshit communist utopia that can never work.

Also Humanity's progress is working against the clock right now.
    *Resources are being consumed faster than ever.
    *Cancer is rising uncontrollably from all the chemicals in everything, which are there in order to force production while keeping the food prices low and affordable by the masses.
    *People in 1st and 2nd world countries are starting their own conflicts out of generalized boredom and media influence.
    *Islam is spreading like a plague among 3rd world countries, and breaking into 1st and 2nd world countries.

Soon it will all explode, and survivors will start over from the middle ages.
    Whole lot of nonsense there, but about Star Trek. The Federation is not at all "communist" by any actual meaning of that word. First of all, the Federation is a post-scarcity society, most basic commodities are worthless. The culture of the Federation on the other hand is deeply state-ist where individuals have been culturally conditioned to place the well being of the state above the well being of the individual. If anything, the Federation exhibits fascistic tendencies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultraxion View Post
    Star Trek is a bullshit communist utopia that can never work.

Also Humanity's progress is working against the clock right now.
    *Resources are being consumed faster than ever.
    *Cancer is rising uncontrollably from all the chemicals in everything, which are there in order to force production while keeping the food prices low and affordable by the masses.
    *People in 1st and 2nd world countries are starting their own conflicts out of generalized boredom and media influence.
    *Islam is spreading like a plague among 3rd world countries, and breaking into 1st and 2nd world countries.

Soon it will all explode, and survivors will start over from the middle ages.
    You've read too much shit sci-fi. Or just read too much shit.

No, humans don't deserve to lose technology. It won't stop progress, since humans will redevelop everything once again.
    Also, the problem in human nature, not technology and that largely can not be changed.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Well, the human life is insignificant at planetary scale. But even so, it's very hard to destroy the life, or the human life. Then maybe you'll say "well I meant human civilization". That's indeed more fragile. Only less than 100 years ago we fought like fucking retards over nothing, now we are friends on Facebook. Yet some still say Facebook is bad lol.

The only danger to civilization is not technology, it's the opposite, those fucking religious retarded nuts, with no regard for human life. Removing technology will not make life better, it will just kill billions of people.
    I was never arguing to 'remove technology'. The only thing I think humans need to do is move to renewables and find ways to dramatically cut greenhouse gas emissions and recycle the fucktons of plastic we throw into the ocean.

On some level I kind of wish people who remain insanely backwards and superstitious would not be allowed to wield technology that uses the science they deny. Does that count?

All in all I think we've benefited too much from technology and advancements in knowledge transference to ever go back at this point. Preserving is easier than ever, the main concern is losing access to the technology that interprets that stored data because we're rocketing into the future so fast.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I was never arguing to 'remove technology'. The only thing I think humans need to do is move to renewables and find ways to dramatically cut greenhouse gas emissions and recycle the fucktons of plastic we throw into the ocean.
    I live in a country that's thousands of miles away from any ocean. Yet some retards just argued the other day that the plastic bags end up in the ocean (they will be banned from 2019, and that was one of the reasons). I mean, seriously, why the fuck shouldn't those living NEAR a fucking ocean take care of this problem, because MY fucking plastic bags aren't going into any fucking ocean lol?

I mean I don't even understand what the fuck are those people doing. If you live in San Francisco you go every morning to the ocean and dump some plastic bags? Is this the morning routine in Sidney?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I think the head of the nail has been hit. And honestly, Star Trek talks about it in the same way. Eventually greed will have to be done away with if we want to live in a Star Trek type world.
    How do you "be done away with greed"... lul.. that is the most absurd thing I have ever heard. Sounds like a villain backstory. "Must remove all greed. In order to do that I must remove all sense of their humanity"

Well, the human life is insignificant at planetary scale. But even so, it's very hard to destroy the life, or the human life. Then maybe you'll say "well I meant human civilization". That's indeed more fragile. Only less than 100 years ago we fought like fucking retards over nothing, now we are friends on Facebook. Yet some still say Facebook is bad lol.

The only danger to civilization is not technology, it's the opposite, those fucking religious retarded nuts, with no regard for human life. Removing technology will not make life better, it will just kill billions of people.
    Too scared to say "Muslim" instead of "religious"? Or too deluded to know the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Frogguh View Post
    Too scared to say "Muslim" instead of "religious"? Or too deluded to know the difference?
    I don't think it makes any difference. Christians have killed many more people than Muslims during the whole history. I mean, yeah, Muslims can kill 100 people at a concert, or kill 80 people with a truck, but can you compare them with Hiroshima or Nagasaki? When it comes to death and destruction nothing compares to the mighty Christian white man lol

I don't think it makes any difference. Christians have killed many more people than Muslims during the whole history. I mean, yeah, Muslims can kill 100 people at a concert, or kill 80 people with a truck, but can you compare them with Hiroshima or Nagasaki? When it comes to death and destruction nothing compares to the mighty Christian white man lol
    You really think Hiroshima and Nagasaki were done because of Christianity?

10+ Year Old Account
    this is the dumbest thing i have ever read. your teachers failed you.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I live in a country that's thousands of miles away from any ocean. Yet some retards just argued the other day that the plastic bags end up in the ocean (they will be banned from 2019, and that was one of the reasons). I mean, seriously, why the fuck shouldn't those living NEAR a fucking ocean take care of this problem, because MY fucking plastic bags aren't going into any fucking ocean lol?

I mean I don't even understand what the fuck are those people doing. If you live in San Francisco you go every morning to the ocean and dump some plastic bags? Is this the morning routine in Sidney?
    The largest amount of oceanic plastic waste comes from China, unfortunately. They fill barges with it and just dump it out at sea. Sometimes they throw it in rivers leading out to the ocean. Sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Communist Utopia?

Last time I checked Communism wasn't about every person being equal and no one having to suffer.
    that's why he called it a utopia, it's pure fantasy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Malikath View Post
    that's why he called it a utopia, it's pure fantasy.
    But what Star Trek was about hardly could be considered communism...

As a supporter of Fully-automated Luxury Communism. I too see a future similar to the one depicted in Star Trek.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    How do you "be done away with greed"... lul.. that is the most absurd thing I have ever heard. Sounds like a villain backstory. "Must remove all greed. In order to do that I must remove all sense of their humanity"
    If that answer was available, the wheels would be set in motion. We are nowhere close to being ready to do anything to rid the world of greed since our entire way of life is based on it. So atm, there is no answer.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Humanity will achieve a utopian viewpoint like Star Trek one day, if we manage to get past the dark days of humanity. I will always have hope that we will, as long as I raise my future kids to be better than me, to be tolerant and positive. It's the only way to achieve harmony with each other and earth.

Deleted
    We destroy ourselves with our technology, that's the only realistic view of our future.

Can't change human nature, it's our destiny to end ourselves and we are possibly already in the final phase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    We destroy ourselves with our technology, that's the only realistic view of our future.

Can't change human nature, it's our destiny to end ourselves and we are possibly already in the final phase.
    sorry, but would you kindly provide me with graphical trends analysis to support your theories? namely, from the last 50 years. thank you in advance.

- - - Updated - - -

A lot of money goes into lobbying this opinion so it is not really your fault for not knowing the opposing argument. Hell, searching 'did christianity or islam kill more' on google returns no comparison stats but is loaded instead with 'good islam' vs 'bad christianity' opinion pieces or articles that put islam im a good light. no results even come close to discuss what i asked, which is not surprising considering the staggering amount of lobbying groups disguised as political correctness enforcement groups (there are 6 in the US alone).

anyway, there are more Christian martyrs then ever before in the past. more christians are dying in muslim jihad and terrorism nowadays than back when romans threw them to the lions for sports. Think about that for a second. Christianity is so historially aggressive that in all our 6 crusades (which didnt even last that long as people didnt give 2 shits about the middle east) not enough christians died to rival 18 years of christian civilian murders in this century. https://www.google.pt/amp/s/www.chri...rancis-172388/.

you havr to remember muslims have all the oil and all the money to buy our politicians and public institutions. take everything involving money with a grain of salt.

ALL technology? You mean that? Like, controlled fire, clay tiles, bricks, metal forging, woven fabrics, clothing, assorted utensils? All of it? Seems kind of harsh.