Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, BfA has been the most negative expansion ever released. Even WoD had a lot of positive hype on release (minus the first day server shit show).

Legion's RNG Legendary system seems very small compared to BfA's GCD nerfs/loot nerfs/class prune nerfs/system restrictions(personal loot only, no gear swapping in m+, etc), loss of artifact traits/set bonuses while only adding azerite trait to replace.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    The first one i agree, the title mislead me. The first one is neutral.

But either way...there is only one positive thread.

edit: and im sorry if i failed. yet again.
    Yeah the first one is not negative. Is neutral.
    First off you created another negative thread so according to yourself you are part of the problem and failed even more.

Second many of those negative thread are just feedback threads and people usually give feedback when something is bad instead of good. If your friend is cooking hamburgers on the grill and then places your hand on the grill should your feedback to him just be about how delicious the burgers are or should you mention to him how stupid he was for putting your hand on the grill?

Also the whole point of the expansion is to breed negative emotions. Naturally that is going to effect you in real life as well.
    Last edited by frogger237; 2018-08-18 at 03:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't mind the haters.

People are too busy enjoying the game to come and make threads about how awesome it is, because they're playing and busy.

Complainers have too much free time on their hands. Always have been, always will be.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

when blizzard starts paying us to only write glowing reviews they will get the brainwashed community they want

alternatively they could make a good expansion but that was never on the cards with bfa

Online forums are a magnet for people wanting to vent or trolling. Its a common thing for people to want the people that are happy to be unhappy like them. Or to poke people they see are easily triggered when on something like a fan site which can coral people of a same ilk together. It doesnt mean some of the complaints arent warented or they dont have the right to express themselves. It just means when you are reading though these things you have to understand the nature of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by fishoa View Post
    The only thing I can think about when a developer complains about a community:

Lol gotta love the obligatory Simpsons gif. Always makes a good point, too.

On topic, yeah, Chris Metzen can go kick rocks. While many people go overboard and just downright troll, discouraging criticism from your player base because "if you don't have anything to say, don't say anything at all" is naïve and short-sighted. Those who critique constructively do it from a place of passion, and their opinions are validated by the fact they make Blizzard what it is. Without its player base they would be nothing and we would be buying from another company that can take the heat.

Maybe Metzen has lost touch to. Whose to say that if he even plays anymore. Has he ever criticized the game before? Probably not because then players would take notice of that. He's a drone, doesn't complain, just accepts what is and continues working. His opinion shouldn't really matter, sure he wrote some of the lore. As for gameplay he's no different then a regular player.

Deleted
    Don't worry so much, it's well known that people are more likely to complain than to praise. People who love the game, are playing. People who hate the game, are posting.

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    Don't worry so much, it's well known that people are more likely to complain than to praise. People who love the game, are playing. People who hate the game, are posting.
    Arguing with Blizzard is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter what you do or say, they will just knock over the pieces, take a shit on the board and strut around like they won the whole damn thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Looking for Raid.
    They never found one though

Deleted
    for a large part, the community is what blizzard made it / allowed it to become.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's the usual MMO-C crap really. In between people who act as obsessive exes, can't play to save their lives and outright dishonest ones trolling and fishing for trouble in hopes to see sparks fly - "feedback" here will be always overwhelmingly negative.

I mean you have bloody people not playing for years coming around making silly statements, it's that bad. At least with official forums you can call out the bad, here - full anonymity on top of burner accounts made to just stir up bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    for a large part, the community is what blizzard made it / allowed it to become.
    Please... It's the usual gaming communities, bunch of toxic people who did not do shit in their lives and are united in bashing those who did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Please... It's the usual gaming communities, bunch of toxic people who did not do shit in their lives and are united in bashing those who did.
    those werent a thing the way they are now 10 years ago. blizz has influenced the way it went, especially ingame. a more positive in game community would have spilled over to the out of game community at least to a degree.

Deleted
    This negativity mainly comes from two crowds of players:

The crowd that hates the game with passion, hates what it has become, hates the plot etc... For them, every expac has been garbage except for maybe 1 or 2 (which ones were bad can vary for them). They buy and resub at the beginning of each expansion, play and come here to complain, then will most likely unsub and leave until the next expansion. This crowd can also include classic wow players, who haven't played in a long time, or scarcely play and got hyped up for classic from last year, which also made them want to try and get into WoW again but they didn't want to come back in the middle of an expansion.

Finally, there is the raider crowd that rushed to 120 ASAP ignoring pretty much everything in the process, as for them this game is only raiding, and if there are no raids, then there is nothing to do in this game. You can tell them that they can go do X content, but their response will be that they don't care since they play this game for the raids and want Blizzard to cater to them.
    If there are no raids or they completed them (again they tend to do this extremely quickly) they either don't play anymore until the next batch of raid, and or come here to complain about the lack of content or how easy the raids are. If they are too hard, that they require too much work, grinding, anything that doesn't involve more doing more raids in order to complete the raids, then they also complain because all of that content is taking their time from raiding, and "force" them to do something other than raiding which, again, they don't like.
    When the raids and the other high end content opens, hopefully most of them should be off playing them instead of complaining. However, most likely we will have another wave of complaining from them that they completed them and have nothing to do.

Will BfA be the next WoD? I doubt it but anything is possible.
    Will it be considered a bad expansion? Maybe, maybe not.
    No, the plot of BfA isn't perfect, no i don't like it as much, but i still prefer it over the god awful boring story that was in WoD.
    Last edited by mmocbaf13e71a2; 2018-08-18 at 04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    The Blizzard Brigade are always there in every thread and are just as, if not more, vocal than the criticisers. Which makes you wonder what they are doing posting on the forums endlessly defending BFA if they were really playing and enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    The Blizzard Brigade are always there in every thread and are just as, if not more, vocal than the criticisers. Which makes you wonder what they are doing posting on the forums endlessly defending BFA if they were really playing and enjoying it.
    Odd that people who like the game visit forums about the game. Meanwhile you clearly don't enjoy it, so why aren't you on a forum for a game you do? Is it because we are shills? "The Blizzard brigade", if you will? Interesting conclusion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by atazs View Post
    This negativity mainly comes from two crowds of players:

The crowd that hates the game with passion, hates what it has become, hates the plot etc... For them, every expac has been garbage except for maybe 1 or 2 (which ones were bad can vary for them). They buy and resub at the beginning of each expansion, play and come here to complain, then will most likely unsub and leave until the next expansion. These crowd can also include classic wow players who got hyped up for classic from last year, which also made them want to try WoW again but they didn't want to come back in the middle of an expansion.

Finally, there is the raider crowd that rushed to 120 ASAP ignoring pretty much everything in the process, as for them this game is only raiding, and if there are no raids there is nothing to do in this game. You can tell them that you can go do X content, but their response is that they don't care since they play this game for the raids and want blizzard to cater to them. If there are no raids or they maxed them out (again they tend to do this extremely quickly) they either don't play and or come here to complain about the lack of content or how easy the raids are. If they are too hard, that they require too much work, grinding, anything that doesn't involve more doing more raids to complete the raids, then they also complain because all of that content is taking their time from raiding, and "force" them to do something other than raiding which, again, they don't like.
    When the raids and the other high end content opens, hopefully most of them should be off playing them instead of complaining. However, most likely we will have another wave of complaining from them that they completed them and have nothing to do.

Will BfA be the next WoD? I doubt it but anything is possible.
    Will it be considered a bad expansion? Maybe, maybe not.
    No, the plot of BfA isn't perfect, no i don't like it as much, but i still prefer it over the god awful story that was in WoD.
    I like your idea of those 2 big groups
    I also think there is this group who rushes to max level and 5 days into the expansion are alreasy saying it is "stale" and talking about "burnout"
    Im like...what? Are you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    yeah i've noticed this too here and on the official forums with the usual "bye felicia" line. when i pay for something i am allowed to criticize the fuck out of it if its faulty. deal with that. now since tbc i've never criticized one expansion except wod for its lack of content at one point but bfa is the 1st one that im really in no mood to play anymore after i come from work. idk maybe after 2 years of a good expac im not really interested in one more of the same type but with more grind, slower wq and boring classes.
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    those werent a thing the way they are now 10 years ago. blizz has influenced the way it went, especially ingame. a more positive in game community would have spilled over to the out of game community at least to a degree.
    You are kidding yourself saying that. "Blizzard influenced". It's how gaming world went last decade with all the competitive bullshit rising and giving spotlights to bunch of edgelords.

Quote Originally Posted by khitranegg View Post
    Odd that people who like the game visit forums about the game. Meanwhile you clearly don't enjoy it, so why aren't you on a forum for a game you do? Is it because we are shills? "The Blizzard brigade", if you will? Interesting conclusion.
    I think it is odd that they'd rather be here defending the game in every thread than playing the game itself. You'd think that they'd be too busy doing all the content they keep claiming exists in game.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    But this time is not even justified.
    Because its a new expansion. It just came out like 4 days ago.

This was supposed to be a time of fun and games and happiness.

This is pure insanity.
    If you main a shadow priest a significant part of your game was already ruined since pre-expansion patch... the class is God awful now.

That aside, I am taking my sweet time levelling enjoying the quests.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2018-08-18 at 04:32 PM.