Poll: War Mode Status

Thread: War Mode Status

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Turned it on didn't see any combative Horde players to 119, then got ripped appart by a rogue and warrior.

Used my cloak to get back to SW and turned it off, been off since (this was in the first 24 hours)

When leveling my horde lock never turned it on.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Won't ever use it. It's annoying as heck, not being able to quest and do stuff with friends but I guess thats how Blizzard wants it these days.
    No that's why you can turn it on and off. So you can do both if you enjoy PvP and PvE. Jeeze, people these days are either annoyed a feature exists, or annoyed that you can freely participate in said feature or don't.

Even if i do get ganked by a few horde once in a while, i love that you get extra talents, and get to gank other people. I love it personally.

I am not normally into pvp that much, but I am into story and lore. I don't RP with others in WoW, but do sort of RP in my own head a bit. To me, it seems like world events have taken a turn to where the faction conflict should feel inescapable. If you're Alliance, you should now realize the Horde is taking no prisoners, and if you're Horde you have to figure Alliance are out for revenge on any Horde they find. Even if you don't think your character wants to be part of all that, how could you not have to be careful about encountering groups from the other side? Maybe they will ride by and not attack you (it happens, even in war mode), but how can you take that for granted? And not have to keep your head on a swivel? We live in dangerous times.

Some of the fun for me right now is sneaking around trying to keep track of potential enemies near me so I don't get surprised.
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2018-08-18 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Typo

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Don't see myself turning it off. I certainly get killed a couple times a day, but I give better than I get and its worth the bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    I had it off all the time. Still hit max level the day after release, with having done only half of last zone.

The increased exp is overrated compared to the safety i feel in the open world.
    Does it make sense to feel safe in a world at war? Aren't you kind of cheating the story? Not judging how you enjoy your video game, just playing devil's advocate.

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Why so defensive? Why do you think I'm bothered? All the people on PvP servers never bothered me*. All the people who are playing Fortnite or PUBG don't bother me. As long as I don't have to interact with you, feel free to have as much fun in your phase as you want to. I'll be perfectly happy to not know you're there.

*Until stupid group finder stuck me with them randomly in WQs
    Yes, except you're the one who insulted people for not being afraid of a big part of the game. Defensive? Not really, it's entertaining to see the different ways people excuse themselves for being bad at PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have had it on. Have the title "the Alliance Slayer" now. I'm the one killing y'all! World PvP is certainly back.

Never turned it on.

Have to do all the quests in each zone anyways for Pathfinder. So no need for the experience boost.

Turned it on for leveling, turned it off when I hit 120.

Deleted
    I did some leveling with it since you did not see the other faction anyways in the first few days.
    Now its off and i will not turn it on anymore, i am pretty mutch a solo player and i see alot of grouping in warmode to ruin my gameplay so not going to bother.

50/50 depending on what I'm doing ...
    Where is that option?

I currently have it on for pvp talents to help my frost mage out , will probably switch to Arcane soon at and turn it off. Getting annoyed by the 5-7 player groups running about to slay 1 lowly player. Doubt if any of them are actual pvp'ers, more achievement hunters i guess, since they tied an achievement mount to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    Leveled with it on, and spent a day or 2 with it on at Cap then turned it off.

I enjoy the odd 1v1 out in the World, but I turned it off after encountering the "Gank Groups". Yes yes, PvP happened, so when they stopped corpse camping me I hearthed and turned WM off. Problem solved.

But that's my gripe with Warmode.. or PvP servers of old. PvP in the open world can be a lot of fun, but not when effectively get locked down and unable to play in an area you need to.

I might turn it on once I've finished everything in the world, but for now it's off.
    Often you can join ad hoc groups to avoid gank groups. I sneak around till I reach a world quest, then click the button to check for groups doing that quest. Shifts the odds in your favor.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Always Turned On!
    I have only seen like 6 allyscum since i got to 120. I have no reason to turn it off.

5+ Year Old Account
    Always turned on.

I've been loving it, honestly. I don't know how or why, but it feels like a genuinely better alternative to PvP servers. Kudos to Blizz for War Mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    Does it make sense to feel safe in a world at war? Aren't you kind of cheating the story? Not judging how you enjoy your video game, just playing devil's advocate.
    Im against this stupid conflict. So actually thats a sweet irony for me that i can completely avoid fighting the alliance (players).

Also getting last hit by enemy faction player after i aoe pulled 5 mobs and almost died, is not a definition of war for me.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Im against this stupid conflict. So actually thats a sweet irony for me that i can completely avoid fighting the alliance (players).

Also getting last hit by enemy faction player after i aoe pulled 5 mobs and almost died, is not a definition of war for me.
    Surprisingly I've gotten lucky with this. Earlier today I accidentally pulled a ton, nearly died, and a human pally came and helped me. He /waved to me, waited for me to eat, then we fought once we were both at full HP.

I know that's not the norm, but it was a really fun battle, and I don't remember the guy's name, but friendly human pally if you did this with an Orc Enhance Shaman at one of the Azerite WQs earlier and are reading this, I love you lol

Deleted
    Had it on 100% of the time ever since release. The increased efficiency in XP, more resources like AP, and access to honor talent greatly outweighs the very few times I have been ganked.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Won't ever use it. It's annoying as heck, not being able to quest and do stuff with friends but I guess thats how Blizzard wants it these days.
    If your friends have warmode on, turn it on and quest with them. It's the exact same thing as last expansion where you'd join a group with friends on a PvP realm and get put on that realm. It's literally exactly the same as before except now you get bonuses.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Didn't turn it on for my ally toon but I have it on for my horde toon. I have to catch up

I got killed just today......was killing a big elite dino and like 4 allys showed up to kill the same dino. I was just killed by their aoe.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!