Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Good change, having a stat that is close to worthless is not healthy at all. Now higher ilvl items can very well be an upgrade even if they have mastery.
    I still think it's a boring mastery though.

I played a 2h frost DK for 6 years, and believe me you don't want to play a spec with really poor secondary stat scaling.

Every expansion I'd start off crushing everyone when we were all in dungeon gear, but once heroic/mythic raid gear started dropping my DPS would go no where while everyone else left me in the dust because crit stunk, mastery stunk, and haste stunk once you hit a very low baseline level. The only thing that mattered was weapon damage.

Arms wasn't that bad with scaling, but having an essentially worthless stat isn't something you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Just please give us legion battle cry back. Arms just feels so absurdly lackluster right now...

Passive damage especially so damn passive it doesn't effect anything in the least is about the most boring thing possible. I'd rather mastery just didn't exist for us a stat than this.

- - - Updated - - -

Straight dumb. They need to make sure that if our super buffed (including pvp talents) MS is weaker than other class's major attack then at least execute shouldn't hit like weaker than a basic templar's verdict but it does...

14% nerf on our main abilities is just absolutely ridiculous even if our overall dps stays the same; how the hell did this go live like this.
    You can spam execute sometimes. TV sometimes you can but less than a stormstrike. If execute truly hit hard like I'm it should they would neft more of the other abilities. I don't really understand it tv does most of rets damage and is a damn hard hitter. My TV crits do a lot more than execute crits. Arms was the first I leveled up and idk... If this is what I want to stick with for 2 years. Gonna get my end up there and pray for 8.1... and Imo it's not about damage to me...a melee with so much damage being passive and no interaction just like a assassination rogue.
    It could have been a talent could have been a passive if nothing more to keep rogues from stealth. I enjoy it...I just want more from a spec.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    Imagine being so ineloquent that you can only call someone a bitch instead of discussing why the person you disagree with is wrong.

Imagine being so dense that you dont realize these changes weren't a nerf for most people.

Imagine being so shortsighted and salty over heroic dungeon dps that you erroneously judge a class needs nerfs.

Imagine being you.

Yikes.
    A single phrase sure sollicited a lot of butthurt. Yikes, indeed.

Because Arms Warriors totally weren't and still pretty much are in a league of their own in Mythic dungeons. Kappaquack.

For the record, though, I was mocking the hyperbole in the tantrum I quoted. I wasn't necessarily touching on the nerfs or whether they went far enough.

But let's talk about eloquence again when you grow up a little, buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by giniyo View Post
    yeah its not like aoe is nonexistant now its just the mastery and the way it rolls is so bad the change did virtually nothing to increase its value and they removed active damage in exchange for passive damage... pretty terrible if you ask me
    It absolutely did something for Mastery's value. It still isn't the best stat, but BfA isn't Legion. The margin between best and worst stats is nowhere near as considerable as it was back then. Before the hotfix Mastery was a literal dead stat which did nothing for you. Now it is about on par with Versa as a stat that does things for you, just not quite as many has Haste or Crit. That's a much better position to be in.

Great, mastery is no longer a dead stat. I'm happy about that. Now give us 7-8% of our damage back and ill be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chowder View Post
    we feral druids now
    Feral is more complex to play than Arms

Has anyone calculated the new stat weights?

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    Read top post of page 4....
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Quote Originally Posted by Chingylol View Post
    worth the read https://www.patreon.com/posts/20816287

Nobody cares about numbers anymore.

I want my class to feel fun and function properly. There is virtually nothing new coming into BFA, we actually gain 1 thing and lose 2 things in the process.

I don't understand how people can find every class to be fun and engaging knowing that you lose abilities, potential talents choices that still contains dead talents, old legendary effects, legendaries, and set bonuses.

It just doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesDeLarge View Post
    Not sure if I like this. I don't like passive applied DMG beeing a huge contributor to my overall damage.
    To be fair, Arms skills were hitting really hard upfront, harder than Fury with Enrage active. This is a very fair change to cut back the upfront damage and smooth it out over the downtime of generating Rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Nobody cares about numbers anymore.

I want my class to feel fun and function properly. There is virtually nothing new coming into BFA, we actually gain 1 thing and lose 2 things in the process.

I don't understand how people can find every class to be fun and engaging knowing that you lose abilities, potential talents choices that still contains dead talents, old legendary effects, legendaries, and set bonuses.

It just doesn't make sense.
    i thought i was alone, i dont even wanna level my warrior atm. rip any leech or healing, rip shockwave for dungeons, all for a stupid raidbuff

Deleted
    The whole concept of the current arms mastery is boring in my opinion. I don't even know what an Arms Warrior is supposed to be anymore.

But the mastery isn't even the biggest problem of the specc. At the moment, on lvl 120, the specc is so super bad in regards to defensive abilities and self sustain, that it is literally mostly dependant on other classes and pocket healers, to keep it alive. Such a concept is simply mindboggling and no other class faces this problem at all to this extent.

Deleted
    So icy veins is out of date? it shows mastery ranked last for stats.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    To be fair, Arms skills were hitting really hard upfront, harder than Fury with Enrage active.

I don't see the problem here. big Numbers is why I want to play arms in the first place, rather than fury (and maybe fury need a buff atm?). flat 14% for every spell is dumb. nerf some of them by 25% or 30% and let a nuke or two alone. I'm ok with bleeds but it's too much of my overall damage now. some bleed damage should go back to MS or else.

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    RIP. Blizz the fun police. When a spec is having too much fun, can't be having that, unless the class is Warlock, then go ahead have fun for the entire exp with zero nerfs.
    whats so fun about having a completely useless stat? having a item with mastery stat was a item with 1 stat only, as mastery was non existence

you guys bitch and moan without having any clue, jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez

Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    I don't see the problem here. big Numbers is why I want to play arms in the first place, rather than fury (and maybe fury need a buff atm?). flat 14% for every spell is dumb. nerf some of them by 25% or 30% and let a nuke or two alone. I'm ok with bleeds but it's too much of my overall damage now. some bleed damage should go back to MS or else.
    They wanted to get away from huge upfront damage with arms, that's why they changed the mastery. You had plenty of time in beta to realize that, and even if you didn't test beta you should have known the second the mastery was changed and further when tactician's proc was changed.

Not to mention that the scaling from mastery on gear was so bad that you would use items 20-30ils lower to avoid having mastery on your gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Deleted
    Its a band aid fix to a much bigger underlying problem. They need to redesign the mastery itself not just nerf every ability then buff mastery.

Arms the new poor's man feral druid