Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why is Gen-OT such a cesspool of negativity?

Nothing more to add, the title is self-explanatory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because you're here?

Calls for genocide get ignored, those that criticize these calls get banned.

In short, the ones who spread negativity are forgiven, or outright encouraged, while the ones who discourage said negativity get banned.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beedeehee View Post
    Why is Gen-OT such a cesspool of negativity?
    Lack of moderation.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Lack of moderation.
    Well yeah almost everything posted daily lately is against the OT forum rules (referring to sticky post).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alabaster jones View Post
    Well yeah almost everything posted daily lately is against the OT forum rules (referring to sticky post).
    Yep. Out of curiosity, every once in awhile, I report something that is a clear violation of a specific rule just to see what happens. What happens? Nothing.

Because the mods dont do shit.

They wont even consider IP bans despite the absolute fucking insane amount of alt accounts used to get around bans.

So, congrats MMO-Champion, you're one pile of shit above /pol/ at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post
    They wont even consider IP bans despite the absolute fucking insane amount of alt accounts used to get around bans.
    We live on an internet of dynamic IPs and cgNAT. IP bans are worse than useless.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

I guess because the real world is also a cesspool of negativity, now add anonymity on top of that, and you have the gen-ot. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing though.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Not much moderation is a major issue.

Lots of members that strive to be toxic as hell.

We got linked as a bastion of "free speech" or some other bullshit a few years back that attracted a very bad kind of poster.

Anonymity, as Winter Blossom said.

Allowing trolls to keep trolling because they are vague enough to avoid being completely obvious. They have cracked down on people in the past, tennisball for one, but need to get a few others.

Last and most importantly, it is a cesspool because people come here for the cesspool at this point I feel. So instead of trying to be good posters, too many only come here to lowkey flame people and post "edgy" shit.

Quote Originally Posted by beedeehee View Post
    Nothing more to add, the title is self-explanatory.
    The mods are shit and useless spineless cowards.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Lots of members that strive to be toxic as hell.
    What amazes me is that some of these people have, on multiple occasions, bragged about being toxic on purpose and they're never flagged. Meanwhile, others will comment on the lack of moderation and for mentioning the lack of moderation will get infracted for it. Boggles the mind.

What amazes me is that some of these people have, on multiple occasions, bragged about being toxic on purpose and they're never flagged. Meanwhile, others will comment on the lack of moderation and for mentioning the lack of moderation will get infracted for it. Boggles the mind.
    The mods are completely fucking useless. They're retarded as fuck and totally fucking impotent. A bunch of blind fucking morons would be more effective then the no-dick mods that are too big of fucking pussies to do a fucking thing about the constant alt-accounts and trolling and shit posting then not be useless fucking lumps of shit. The forums are going to total and complete shit because no dick pussy mods not doing shit.

Deleted
    the only guy who makes positive threads always gets banned. We should mod Jayburner.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahhdurr View Post
    The mods are completely fucking useless. They're retarded as fuck and totally fucking impotent. A bunch of blind fucking morons would be more effective then the no-dick mods that are too big of fucking pussies to do a fucking thing about the constant alt-accounts and trolling and shit posting then not be useless fucking lumps of shit. The forums are going to total and complete shit because no dick pussy mods not doing shit.
    Do you really think you're fighting toxicity?

Take a good look at your own post. You're part of the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Yep. Out of curiosity, every once in awhile, I report something that is a clear violation of a specific rule just to see what happens. What happens? Nothing.
    It's been that way for years. Mods obviously have bias towards certain topics and much like the police when you attempt to appeal an unwarranted infraction or ban the super mods who review the appeal always side with the mod. It's their website and they run it as they want to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alt accounts that cant take a hint.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    we need endus to be a mod again

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    It's been that way for years. Mods obviously have bias towards certain topics and much like the police when you attempt to appeal an unwarranted infraction or ban the super mods who review the appeal always side with the mod. It's their website and they run it as they want to.
    I'm not surprised. I rarely notice it unless I'm bored enough to be browsing threads in a regular way. But when I do notice it... its shockingly obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    the only guy who makes positive threads always gets banned. We should mod Jayburner.
    For real, his threads are harmless, but he gets banned all the time.