Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Do you really think you're fighting toxicity?

Take a good look at your own post. You're part of the problem.
    You've obliviously too fucking stupid to notice the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    We live on an internet of dynamic IPs and cgNAT. IP bans are worse than useless.
    I think people don't really understand this.

I have a lifetime VPN membership I picked up for like $30, one-time fee. It's been useful for playing Diablo 3 if there's a hiccup in my ISP's normal pathway, among other things. If I want a new IP to access this site, I literally click a button and wait about 5 seconds and I'm good to go. And I can refresh that pretty much whenever with another new IP.

IP bans really don't help. Anyone dedicated enough to warrant one is dedicated enough to get around one trivially. About the only time they get used is against spambots and the like.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    we need endus to be a mod again
    Yeah, no. Years of abuse for doing a thankless job. Abuse that hasn't really stopped, either, I'll add. I did my time in the trenches.

People who are positive, happy and outgoing usually get mis-flagged as trolls and banned.

You are typically left with a forum that run by extremely introverted people who are cranky and negative.

The first step to fixing it is to hire extroverted moderators.

Most forums on the internet these days are almost 100% moderated by introverts which is a MASSIVE problem.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

MMO-C is always looking for new mods, you have to have a clean record. If you meet the requirements you should do it as a public service.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    God no. We really don't need massive bias in Bans again.

On-topic: It's mostly just people who have easy lives that feel the need to complain about how their lives are actually hard because of something or another. Be it crying about Trump or "Nazis" or SJW's or some other ridiculousness.

Sexually frustrated 30 and 40-year-old virgins.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Yeah, no. Years of abuse for doing a thankless job. Abuse that hasn't really stopped, either, I'll add. I did my time in the trenches.
    Banning people you don't agree with, oh the horrors of War

Fuck no , thats the dumbest thing ive ever heard

Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post
    Because the mods dont do shit.

They wont even consider IP bans despite the absolute fucking insane amount of alt accounts used to get around bans.

So, congrats MMO-Champion, you're one pile of shit above /pol/ at this point.
    With most ISPs you can get a new IP just by reseting the modem. That fixes nothing

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    With most ISPs you can get a new IP just by reseting the modem. That fixes nothing
    Literally anything is better than what they are doing now.

Which is nothing.

We don't need a thread that's just devolving into insulting other posters and mods this quickly.

Closing this here.