Poll: How good were the last 5 days for you?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Theres no suramar like zone and waiting for the raid is butts so 5 because there isnt anything exciting to do

Quote Originally Posted by Kazdros View Post
    This doesn't answer my question on Vanilla - WOTLK launch weeks, and there were plenty of MMOs to compare WoW to before it got expansion releases.

Nostalgia goggles are real, and people are years divorced from the content. This is where my skepticism comes from when people make flippant claims.
    Obviously the content was probably 1/10 of what it is nowadays, but to people it felt like a lot since the game was so tedious. 60-65 in TBC took a good week or so, if not more. 60-70 took me a whole month Levelling was such a long process, relative to nowadays where 110-120 takes under 12 hours.

So: the game had less content for sure, it was just time-consuming and tedious to do everything which made it feel (artificially) like there’s “lot’s of content to do”.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Just hit 120, the only thing I'm hating is the level scaling. Feeling like a god all the way through and all of a sudden you get slapped for trying to solo 2+ mobs as a dps, mainly due to gear, but still. I don't remember Legion being like this.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

10+ Year Old Account
    8-9

• Launch was mostly issues free in EU - there was one case of a zone quest blocking bug for me, which was solved by workaround suggested in official forums by support.
    • Game-wise - things are nice and smooth really, as expected massive power loss at the beginning, but once you start getting gear it quickly becomes much easier in the world.
    • I like the War Campaign and as a whole I love the story, especially being Alliance - Jaina's arc is perfect - it's one great character development done full and satisfying circle instead of the usual "X gone mad" trope.
    • Island Expeditions are more fun than I thought - they allow you to stretch your legs out with things like mass pulls and general random chaos at times with opposing faction
    • Dungeons are good, but there is way too much trash in some.

10+ Year Old Account
    6, -1 point for every month the expansion release was too early by and thus the amount of time extra we have to spend playing BFA Beta.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

5+ Year Old Account
    9. The only issues I've had so far was the fact that I played on Tichondrius setting me back nearly 7 hours, and the fact that my two main classes (Shaman, Priest) are the two who have to wait for patch 8.1 to be finished. So far I'm 120 and geared for Mythic 0s though, and I've been enjoying myself. Besides a few silly design choices with Shaman as a class, I feel like most features are more polished versions of Legion.

I've given it an 8 so far but I just hit 120 on two characters and have started the end game stuff. Most of the -2 is how slow specs play now and the class design so we will see where it goes from here. Also deducted some for the leveling experience being to fast considering the number of quests I have left over ( 1 full zone and about 1/4 of another ).
    Last edited by Armourboy; 2018-08-19 at 12:42 AM.

Deleted
    People who voted 1-5:

I hope you did quit, because it's a shame to waste time.

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    So far better than I expected.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Not the best, not the worst. Enjoying myself still. That's what matters to me.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    LMAO...75% voted from a 7 to a 10.....the chronic pathetic hate trolls are having an aneurysm

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    People who voted 1-5:

oh and who are you to tell me what to do if i find this expac a mess so far? what;s you deal actually? are you one of those folks that cant accept the idea of others having diferent opinions? how about you mind your own bussiness and let people speak their mind.
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

Quote Originally Posted by bluestalya View Post
    Not much more to say honestly, raids are not there yet, so just give a grade to the currently available content, and feel free to say why.
    leveling - 3/5 - interesting stories but way to long quest lines and zones drag infinitly.
    WQ 1/5 - boring repetitive usless content
    Dungeons 4/5 - fun engaging as lways 5 mans dont dissapoint the only minus are non existent weapons its not fun having complete mythic 0 but runing with 300 itlv weapon because hc dungeons openly refuse to drop anything.
    island invasions - 0/5 - usless garbage waste of dev resources.
    war mode - 0/5 - free 10% exp/resources zero pvp action as neither side engages.

overall .... ill be easy on blizz but i give them 3/5 - should be 2/5 but since mythic + and raids will solves some of this problems ill give 3.

definetly very weak launch. hopefully whole expansion wont be as weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Strifeload View Post
    People who voted 1-5:

Once here I saw person that rated EVERY (yes, including Vanilla/BC, but with exception of MoP) expansion less than 5/10. If even people like this stick to game, no wonder that WoW still holds millions of players after 15 years.

It's been okay. World quests are still better than dailies but they need to provide alternative methods of advancement. If they would just let you claim the expedition weekly reward as much as you can farm the azerite and add a rep reward on top of it I think it'd work well.

Questing wasn't as bad as legion but it's still questing and doing it again would be too painful to bear. The story was good and it was fun to see something that wasn't just a bunch of disjointed psuedo stories.

No ranked season yet so idk about pvp.

World pvp seems to be alright so far. Got a raid to defend valdun earlier. Just wish it were easier for the enemy to regroup so it would go on longer. I think war mode works for what it was intended to do.

Dungeons are mehh. Not terrible but they don't seem particularly fun so far. Too much trash.

Zones are alright never cared much about them.

They needed to include an AH and more banks/mailboxes in the capitals. They're big, gorgeous, and fun but they feel empty because they have half the population of dalaran in twenty times the space. The AH at org has 100x its population, however.

7/10

Edit: Expedition mob density is too high. Points of interested are heavily separated by the slog of getting dazed and having to AoE down endless crap.
    Last edited by Xenryusho; 2018-08-19 at 08:55 AM.

2 - The most "Meh" expansion I've played to date.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like bfa and didn't buy it, yet i think 'rate' it based on 5 days alone is too early
    i'd say start judge its quality after at least 2 weeks ? when u hit reset of mythic twice maybe ?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe my expectations were low.. I like it so far. A lot about the way they forced pvp back into the fabric of the game agrees with me.

Pretty good so far. Yet again a truly amazing job by the sound team, zone music is just unbelievable, especially Drustvar soundtracks.