New hero tease most likely up on twitter

https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/stat...61887846719488

And the german site failed and it read "teaser for Mephisto". So most likely it is Mephisto, the Lord of Hatred. The oldest of the three Prime Evils, Baal and Diablo (Diablo being the youngest brother of the three).

I hope this is true!

Deleted
    About time Mephisto arrives in the Nexus
    I hope he will become a practical mage, not so much niche/skill related as KTz.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    About time Mephisto arrives in the Nexus
    I hope he will become a practical mage, not so much niche/skill related as KTz.
    I played Diablo 2 like an addict but i still hope they will make his "true" form from Book of Cain and not his human corpse form in Diablo 2.

This one is so badass: http://img3.cache.netease.com/photo/...6H4RNO0031.jpg
    Mephisto portrait in Diablo 3: https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20170619005931
    Last edited by Remus88Romulus; 2018-08-18 at 10:01 PM.

So hype for Mephisto.

FINALLY!

Lowkey though, Mephisto is the evil MVP of the Diablo storyline. He's the only reason the entire franchise happens. They TRY to retcon it into some stupid, pretzel logic, Xanatos Gambit by Diablo in D3, but ultimately Mephisto is the reason all 3 Prime Evils are freed.

He corrupts the Priesthood of Zakarum, ultimately freeing himself. Then he sends Lazarus to Tristram in order to free Diablo, and after the events of Diablo 1, the "Dark Wanderer" (Aidan possessed by Diablo) and Marius go to Lut Gholein and free Baal. It was all because of Mephisto.

So excited.
    Last edited by Necroxis; 2018-08-18 at 10:52 PM.

This is the german cockup in case people cared.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

I would have never guessed Mephisto based on that teaser but I'm excited for him nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    I would have never guessed Mephisto based on that teaser but I'm excited for him nonetheless.
    Well the tease is just only starting. I think it looks like a demonic circle. We will probably have 1 more image or 2 and then the reveal on Gamescom.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post
    So hype for Mephisto.

FINALLY!

Lowkey though, Mephisto is the evil MVP of the Diablo storyline. He's the only reason the entire franchise happens. They TRY to retcon it into some stupid, pretzel logic, Xanatos Gambit by Diablo in D3, but ultimately Mephisto is the reason all 3 Prime Evils are freed.

He corrupts the Priesthood of Zakarum, ultimately freeing himself. Then he sends Lazarus to Tristram in order to free Diablo, and after the events of Diablo 1, the "Dark Wanderer" (Aidan possessed by Diablo) and Marius go to Lut Gholein and free Baal. It was all because of Mephisto.

So excited.
    Yes. He is so fricking badass. I guess you played Diablo 3? Reaper of Souls? What do you think about his "old man" voice there? It doesn't really sound "hateful" but more wisdom.

I see firebraziers, a chain at the right bottom corner. It's the chamber where Mephisto, Baal and Diablo were. :-P

It's more holy, but mephisto was released when the seal was broken.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    It's more holy, but mephisto was released when the seal was broken.
    The smoke could be coming from Mephisto himself when he is levitating. I really hope he has his Diablo 3 demon form than his human corpse form. :-P

Quote Originally Posted by Remus88Romulus View Post
    The smoke could be coming from Mephisto himself when he is levitating. I really hope he has his Diablo 3 demon form than his human corpse form. :-P
    He wasn't even in Diablo 3. The form you refer to literally only appears in a tertiary book, that I strongly suspect a lot of the player base has never even seen. His iconic form(and basically the ONLY form anyone will know him as) is his D2 appearance. Using anything other than that would be kinda stupid I'd say. The character's design should be based on his most iconic and recognizable form, not a drawing that never even appeared in game, only being released as artwork in a book. At best that Book of Cain form should be an alternate skin, like the D3 Diablo skin that came later on, with his actual classic, most easily recognizable form as the default skin.

I honestly wouldn't call it iconic. It was a shitty looking sprite.

It was shitty enough to be ambiguous, so I wouldn't be surprised if Blizz took a little bit of column A and column B. They aren't afraid to bring a 'peak' representation of a character, like Zul'jin.

they need to add tirion already

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    I honestly wouldn't call it iconic.
    Then you'd be wrong. Diablo fans would IMMEDIATELY recognize him when they saw him. Post that "Book of Cain" picture(again, something that NEVER ONCE appeared in game, and wasn't even hinted at in game) and plenty of people, including tons of longtime Diablo fans, would be like "who is this?". You really think all the people who have been clamoring for Mephisto want something that they've never seen, rather than the monster they likely killed thousands of times over the years?

10+ Year Old Account
    It is only me, who got vibes from dungeons in act 3 from Diablo 2? This wall in background looks familiar to them.

For at least 80% i can say, it is Mephisto.