Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    It was a Horde destroyer, not some obviously neutral vessel. And by 'solo' I meant 'without the company of other shaman who can vouch for his mission'.
    I’m sure that giant army Alliance brought with them to capture Thrall would have just turned around and sailed back to Stormwind.

Why would he give it to Alliance character?
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Khadgar "noped" himself right out of the story at Silithus. He knew what was coming and refused to pick sides.
    after teldrassil he can take his pontification about jaina's hostility and shove it up his arcane blast.
    when he comes back i got a present to give him to, im sure he'll pick-up on the meaning.
    https://www.wowhead.com/item=95566/r...agger#comments

Because he is absolutely desperate to save Azeroth. He is not helping the Horde fight the Alliance, he is a neutral party doing anything and everything he can to save the world.

That said, if he just stood by while his daughter or brothers were in mortal danger, that would be a different story.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Magni is neutral and barely human at this point...
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Magni is neutral and barely human at this point...
    He is a dwarf... So yeah...

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadlack View Post
    He is a dwarf... So yeah...
    A human meat-race. Magni runs on diamonds and spirits at this point... so yeah...
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Magni has gone the same way as Khadgar, neutered to further a shitty plot line. How about when the horde blights IF and kills his daughter and grandson, will he intervene?

Will Khadgar lie sleeping in his bed while his faction is at war and his old friends Turalyon, Alleria, Trollbane and Kurdran fight on the front lines. I mean at this point does he even care?

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Because he is absolutely desperate to save Azeroth. He is not helping the Horde fight the Alliance, he is a neutral party doing anything and everything he can to save the world.

That said, if he just stood by while his daughter or brothers were in mortal danger, that would be a different story.
    As a newly neutral Alliance hero I guarantee he'll do something close to that. They always do. Gotta preserve the peace, right Malfurion? Cenarius?

Deleted
    His above faction conflict now with a direct line to the planets soul. Horde heroes have saved Azeorth numerous times why wouldn't he work with powerful allies?

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    A better question would be should the player character be arrested or stopped by the Horde for consuming all those precious Azerite to heal Azeroth's wound and prevent more Azerite from being harvested. All those power that could help the Horde to gain advantage over the Alliance, and it's not like (up until now) Sylvanas particularly cares about the wound as much as Anduin does. At least Magni had firmly established himself as someone of a neutral faction, the Horde player character hasn't.

(unless lore-wise, the Horde champion either doesn't agree with Sylvanas and has never participated in battles other than to protect civilians, or we - as in Horde champion with the Heart - simply don't exist and it's the Alliance / neutral faction champion who canonically got it instead)
    I just handwave it as Magni giving it to the few Horde characters that helped during Legion/on Argus as they showed they put planet over faction when push comes to shove. They will fight for the Horde in its time of need but aren't blind enough to ignore the world literally dying, and we know Sylvanas sent Horde druids to Silithus even if just to not have them in the way of the War of the Thorns, so at least Magni was shown some Horde are willing to help him.

Why would Sylvanas or Nathanos accept the Horde champion siphoning Azerite into the necklace instead of giving it to the Horde war effort is another question entirely, and can most likely be chalked up to Blizzard not bothering to reconcile the faction war with the literal "whole world is ending!" plot, like in Cataclysm.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    I’m sure that giant army Alliance brought with them to capture Thrall would have just turned around and sailed back to Stormwind.
    Unlikely, but they would also not just arrest Thrall on the spot. In order to avoid a massive political shitstorm that fucking with the Earthen Ring would cause, they would probably call in Varian or some other high-ranking Alliance officials to meet with Thrall and confirm what was going on. Maybe even keep him under guard while he goes about it and they confirm his 'I'm not the Warchief anymore, I'm trying to save the world' stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    because hes the speaker of azzeroth, not the speaker of the alliance the world is more important than this petty war
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Unlikely, but they would also not just arrest Thrall on the spot. In order to avoid a massive political shitstorm that fucking with the Earthen Ring would cause, they would probably call in Varian or some other high-ranking Alliance officials to meet with Thrall and confirm what was going on. Maybe even keep him under guard while he goes about it and they confirm his 'I'm not the Warchief anymore, I'm trying to save the world' stuff.
    They were willing to kill off any witnesses just so that their mission wouldn’t be noticed. Trying to hold Thrall on the spot while sending word to Varian is not an option. You know that they would have taken him to Stormwind no matter what.

What most people fail to understand, is that you are the hero of Azeroth. Yes, your character! Obivously, everyone is a Hero in the end, but, according to Magni, or your King/Warchief, your character is THE ONE.

So during Legion, even if you were Horde or Alliance, you were the Champion of Azeorth and you saved the planet. (Each class have its champion in fact, since each weapon is (was?) unique.)

Magni doesnt work for the Horde or Alliance anymore. He serves an higher power, the Planet. So despite the War going on, your "noble" character is still engaged in saving Azeroth (or just himself if you want to play the "Evil" side of it).

I think Magnis' focus is to save Azeroth at all cost, and it doesnt matter from who, as long as they want to help, thats fine.

Plot twist: Azeorth is already dead and Magni is trying to get all the power for himself to rule Azeorth as its new true master, once its pawn will have gathered enought energy to make him God-like. Wouldnt make sense, but would be cool. I always like stories when you think your the good guys, only to find out that you've been helping the ennemy all along, making you an evil guy without knowing it. Just beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravingmad View Post
    Plot twist: Azeorth is already dead and Magni is trying to get all the power for himself to rule Azeorth as its new true master, once its pawn will have gathered enought energy to make him God-like. Wouldnt make sense, but would be cool. I always like stories when you think your the good guys, only to find out that you've been helping the ennemy all along, making you an evil guy without knowing it. Just beautiful.
    I seriously doubt that, however

"The king of diamonds has been made a pawn."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    As a newly neutral Alliance hero I guarantee he'll do something close to that. They always do. Gotta preserve the peace, right Malfurion? Cenarius?
    Are you implying Cenarius was ever with the alliance?

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    Are you implying Cenarius was ever with the alliance?
    He's with the night elves. Get over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    But he's not alliance, nor has he ever been.

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    But he's not alliance, nor has he ever been.

The only reason he's never fought the Horde since WC3 is... well, it should be obvious. Blizzard didn't want to give the Alliance any more trump cards to blatantly ignore and underplay for the benefit of one faction over the other.